Mifflin Reg 2 Contest

Old May 17th 05, 04:41 AM
BGMIFF

Default Mifflin Reg 2 Contest

I had a pilot send me an e-mail this evening and ask about Mifflin Reg 2.
Seems that many people follow the writngs of 711 and he is not here. The
contest is writing 2 a day reports, one in the morning, and one by the CD in
the evening. Those reports are available for all to see on the SSA sight.
They are now listed in the public area.

Brian

Old May 17th 05, 03:00 PM

Could you give more exact info on location within SSA site where this
info can be found.

Old May 17th 05, 09:40 PM

http://ssa.org/ContestResultsDetail.asp?id=225

Or, Click Contests, select Region 2 Mifflin...

Thanks, Brian, for pitching in on the reports, there are many of us
staying in touch through them.

For those of you who have not been to Mifflin, Brian Glick is normally
quite a quiet, unassuming wallflower who rarely gets involved in the
social whirl of a contest, never raises his voice or makes a fuss, so
it is heartening to see his personal growth through this stint as
contest reporter. Nice to see him coming out of his 'shell'.

Mifflin is a great place to fly!

Bob

Old May 18th 05, 12:37 AM
Guy Byars

And the flight logs are being posted at:

http://www.gfbyars.com/winscore/results.shtml

Guy Byars

ups.com...

Old May 18th 05, 03:28 PM
BGMIFF

Right now it seems to me that the only reports that are getting posted are
mine and I don't know why. John Good is doing one every evening as well, and
they are not posted for the last 2 days. I am trying to fix this.

Also, those of you who know me, know that I have to go to work on Wednesday
during the contest, so there will be no posted report this morning. I will
try to give a quick rundown here and now

Seems that yesterday 7W (Bill Batesole) won the sports class in his ASK 14.
My report from the pilot's meeting says that it was a popular win and he got
many cheers as he rose to speak. It seems that glider pilot's always do the
human thing and cheer for the underdog. I have only just met Bill a few days
ago, very nice man, and a skilled pilot.

The standard class was won by Mark Keene, another skilled racer. Those of
you who know him, know that Mark is a former 1-26 er who has made the
transition to glass ships very well, and in fact won a nationals last year.
Good flying Mark and congratulations on your day win. I am sorry but I do
not know who won 15 meter class, and being in my office I can not find out.
Watch the contest web site tomorrow for more on this. I will also have some
more interesting reports on "hanger happenings". Some will amuse all, trust
me!!!!!!!

Tonight there should be a social event and Friday night my father is cooking
fish for everyone. This is a recipe that he has tinkered with for years, and
even some people that profess not to like fish have been seen coming back
for seconds in the past. It is an event not to be missed, but a few people
are gonna wish they would have. More on that later!!!

I am not nearly as articulate as 711, but he did send me an e-mail several
days ago prompting me to keep writing, and I am happy to do that. We all
still wish he was here as he can be as big of an agitator as me, and a fine
pilot.

Brian Glick
"T o d d P a t t i s t" wrote in message

Thanks, Brian, for pitching in on the reports, there are many of us
staying in touch through them.

I'd also like to thank Brian. Even if I can't be there, I
enjoy staying in touch. The reports are greatly
appreciated.

Old May 18th 05, 05:43 PM
BB

The SSA report says:

The preliminary score sheet drew a big crowd, but being a MAT, it
changed a little until some of the rules problems were weeded out.

Does anyone know what happened?

John Cochrane (BB)

Old May 18th 05, 08:50 PM
BG MIFF

John

Some of the guys forgot the "2 between any one rule" and had in valid legs
that the prelim sheet had not factored in yet, and one guy turned in 15
turnpoints and was only allowed 11. The few guys that got bit by the
turnpoint repeat rule suffered badly from lost distance.

Brian

ups.com...

Old May 19th 05, 01:11 AM
01-- Zero One

RTFM... or in this case, RTFR.

My $0.02.

Larry Goddard
"01" USA

:

Old May 22nd 05, 04:28 AM
BG MIFF

Region 2 at Mifflin is now over. We flew 6 out of 7 days and had a great
time. I am happy to report that after several years of bad contest weather,
the law of averages finally went our way, and we had a great week. I will
also say that anyone who gave up on this site, did so much too soon. We
crowned champions in 3 classes, and I have to say one young man with his
first contest win, and he gained the ground to win on the last day!!!!

I also saw a remark aimed at us by the Cordele contest earlier in the week
that made me laugh. Seems that CD Capt. Andy Mc Quig made the comment that
since we landed out over 30 gliders on a day that they launched 26 and
landed out only 1, that Cordele was the"prefered" place to fly. Seems that
Andy's brain is fried a little more than usual, and that is bad. You see
Andy, it seems that more people would rather come here and land out, than
fly at Cordele at all!!!!!! Get your facts straight, grow up, and keep these
stupid comments off the SSA official web site. That kind of crap is not true
contest reporting, it is a bunch of BULL**** and you know it!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Glick
"

Old May 23rd 05, 05:56 PM
1MoClimb

Whoa, Brian, for a 'quiet unassuming wallflower' you sure know how to
let it fly! Your comments on Capt. Andy are of course completely
unjustified since Andy is another quiet unassuming wallflower...
Flying at Cordele can be very good, btw.

Herb, J7