Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

Old March 7th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Aratzio

Default Way off topic, Jay Honeck is a racist ****bag.

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 09:59:09 +0000 (UTC), in alt.usenet.kooks, Bertie
the Bunyip bloviated:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:JnFzj.9933$TT4.968
@attbi_s22:

And what was France's contribution during WW1?

They helped win it -- but who cares?

Answer: No one. Past gallantry is trumped by recent ignobility.

What, like My Lai, Abu Graib and Guantanamo bay?

Bertie

Bay of Pigs
Iran-Contra
Samoza
Grenada

However, France did **** up Green Peace.
Old March 7th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Aratzio wrote in
:

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 09:59:09 +0000 (UTC), in alt.usenet.kooks, Bertie
the Bunyip bloviated:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:JnFzj.9933$TT4.968
@attbi_s22:

And what was France's contribution during WW1?

They helped win it -- but who cares?

Answer: No one. Past gallantry is trumped by recent ignobility.

What, like My Lai, Abu Graib and Guantanamo bay?

Bertie

Bay of Pigs
Iran-Contra
Samoza
Grenada

Mexico, over and over and over and over.

However, France did **** up Green Peace.

True.

Bertie

Old March 7th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Daedalus

Default Jay Honeck, racist scum.

On Fri, 7 Mar 2008 10:56:25 +0000 (UTC), Bertie the Bunyip
wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in news:ikVzj.10975$TT4.6806
@attbi_s22:

You still don't get it. Cultural stereotypes are little jokes we tell
about each other to have some fun. They're not real, we're just pulling
each other's legs. And it's the job of the one who tells them to invent
them. So for example it would be your job to invent an anti-German one.
But you didn't, you just repeated the same old same old one. Lame.
Meanwhile it's our job to come up with anti-American ones, which is
what I did. It's your job not to get uppity about it, especially not as
you do it to everyone else, but to lay back and enjoy it.

Exactly! At last, someone who "gets" it!

Bwawhawhhahwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwhah hwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahhwha
hwhahwhahhwha!

You're a racist piece of ****, Jay.

I hate racists.

Jade

Old March 7th 08, 03:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,alt.usenet.kooks,alt.alien.vampire.flonk.flonk.flonk
Bertie the Bunyip[_25_]

Daedalus wrote in
:

wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in
news:ikVzj.10975$TT4.6806 @attbi_s22:

You still don't get it. Cultural stereotypes are little jokes we
tell about each other to have some fun. They're not real, we're
just pulling each other's legs. And it's the job of the one who
tells them to invent them. So for example it would be your job to
invent an anti-German one. But you didn't, you just repeated the
same old same old one. Lame. Meanwhile it's our job to come up with
anti-American ones, which is what I did. It's your job not to get
uppity about it, especially not as you do it to everyone else, but
to lay back and enjoy it.

Exactly! At last, someone who "gets" it!

Bwawhawhhahwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhahwhahhwhahwhahwha hhwhahwhahwhhahwhahwhah
hwha hwhahwhahhwha!

You're a racist piece of ****, Jay.

I hate racists.

Yes, they're icky.

Bertie
Old March 7th 08, 06:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Phil J

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French

On Mar 6, 10:13*pm, "Jay Honeck" wrote:
No, Phil -- you're just not grasping the content of the conversation, which
is a dispassionate analysis of *why* the French are the butt of so many
jokes in America. *Apparently you think that to discuss this phenomenon is
to somehow agree with it -- which is silly and just plain wrong.

If someone dispassionately says something which is a load of garbage
(which is what you have been doing), then others can dispassionately
tell him it is a load of garbage, which is what so many on this thread
have been doing. That isn't the same as saying it shouldn't be
discussed, which no one here has done. As far as agreeing with the
phenomenon, _you_ are the one who said the French are arrogant,
ignoble, and irrelevant. Are you claiming you don't agree with
yourself now??

As an aside, it is this national inability to discuss things dispassionately
that has lead to the near-complete polarization of the American political
climate. *Almost no topic can be discussed or analyzed without *someone*
making it into a personal affront -- and then dialogue just becomes noisy
shouting with no compromise.

Last time I looked, we were having a discussion, Jay. We're over 300
posts in this thread. That isn't a discussion?

There is an interesting analysis of this phenomenon in Newsweek this week
WRT the passing of William F. Buckley. * In his hey-day, Buckley would
invite people from all ends of the social and political spectrum to his show
(and into his home) to politely and intellectually discuss all manner of
topics -- and they would actually be able to debate the issues without
descending into chaos, the way the talk shows do today. * It was so
incredibly civilized, and stands in stark contrast to the way EVERYTHING is
taken personally nowadays.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Then I will leave you with a quote from Mr Buckley that I think
applies to much of what you have said so far. "I won't insult your
intelligence by asking you if you really believe what you just said."
BTW, that is just a civilized way of saying "I think what you just
said is a load of garbage."

Phil
Old March 8th 08, 02:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Just to lighten the mood a little, you might try clicking on this.

It is aviation related, in its way.

http://www.videovat.com/videos/3693/...sile-test.aspx

Old March 8th 08, 03:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
William Hung[_2_]

Default Way off topic, but it has do to with the French upgraded to equalopportunity insulter

On Mar 6, 12:56*am, Martin Hotze wrote:
Wolfgang Schwanke schrieb:

but to lay back and enjoy it.

Hey! You're German. Aren't you supposed to not have fun at all? :-))

#m

Ship: May day! May day! We are sinking!

German Coast Guard: What are you sinking about?

Hehehe...

I sink I'm gonna puke!

Wil

Old March 8th 08, 03:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

I warned you a long time ago that if I caught you pretending to be a
journalist again I'd call you on it. You're a pilot, a businessman, and
many things, but you have never ever reported news or worked in
journalism.

I know I shouldn't validate your asinine post with an answer, but your
arrogance is only exceeded by your ignorance. I've never pretended to be
anything, my work and business ownership history is a matter of public
record, and your astoundingly self-righteous belief that the only valid
employees of a newspaper are "reporters" says volumes about you and your
supercilious attitude.

Here's a tiny clue from someone who participated in the budget planning of
several newspapers: Your vaunted "journalists" are actually called
"reporters" at every newspaper I've worked at and with, and they are at the
very bottom of the food chain. If you ever reach the management level,
you'll know that they are regarded as cannon fodder, cheaper than screw-top
wine and as interchangeable as athletic socks. Worse, most of them suck.

Or did you think they got paid less per hour than our bundle haulers because
they were held in such high professional regard? Oh, you didn't know that?
Shucks.

That said, and with this new knowledge firmly embedded in your craw, it's
time to call you out. No one here has seen any evidence that *you* have
ever been a serious journalist -- unless you count being a 2-bit disk jockey
under the name "Stella Starr" as serious journalism -- yet YOU have the
audacity to question my chops in the newspaper world?

You need a hobby. I suggest flying.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 8th 08, 03:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Travelling on the metro in Spain is probably two orders of magnitude
than taking your son flying in a light plane. I find it odd that you're
fretting about this.

Oh, hell -- I wouldn't be letting him go to Spain if I was really worried.
I'm sure he'll be fine, as long as he can remember how to ask where the
bathroom is...

;-)

But I *do* find it aggravating and disconcerting that he's had to attend not
one, but THREE separate 2-hour classes on "how to behave in Spain" -- and
those instructions include basically hiding the fact that the kids are
American.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old March 8th 08, 03:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

How many people who were in power at the time of the Vichy government are
still alive, and what do the people who live in France have to do with
that? Should all Americans be ridiculed for the racial policies of the
South, which happened in much more recent history?

Good point. Where does historical responsibility end?

Do the aboriginal people deserve an apology from the current Australian
government for treatment done to them by an earlier generation? Do American
blacks deserve reparations for harm done to their ancestors during the slave
years?

Do the Germans still bear the stain of Nazism? Do the Japanese still bear
the guilt for the rape of Nanchang? (Or however it's spelled nowadays...)

An interesting, highly debatable topic for thinking people. Of course,
someone here will change the subject line to include accusations of racism,
rather than discuss the issues -- but that's the current state of Usenet,
and much of the American electorate.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA