Maybe GWB isn't lying.......

Old February 2nd 04, 10:13 PM
fudog50

I'm thinkin this is one of those threads that belong in
"alt.conspiracies", I guess all the worlds leaders and intel
communities all got together (including the UN) and adopted resolution
1441, along with countless other resolutions. (I know you have slept a
few times since then, but it wasn't that long ago, and you have to at
least try to remember) and conspired that Saddam had WMD's. Then when
our pres. finally does something about it, instead of just idle
threats, all he gets is backlash.

LOL, I really enjoyed the one reponse from George Z. Bush where he
snipped the comments from prominent Democrats like Clinton, Kerry,
Levin, etc., and calls them "irrelevant", hahaha. Typical.

It's simply called "Monday Morning Quarterbacking".

On Mon, 2 Feb 2004 11:18:22 -0500, "Kevin Brooks"
wrote:

"George Z. Bush" wrote in message
JD wrote:
The media and most democrats charge President Bush lied to the American
people and led us into a war over oil. Even if you disregard GWB 1 and

the
war re Kuwait, in any attempt to be fair, you have to take these quotes

into
consideration:

(Irrelevant quotes deleted)

Among those "irrelevant" quotesd were a number of statements predating the
GWB Presidency asserting that Iraq was continuing to develop, and/or had
stockpiled, WMD's, from prominent Democrats like Clinton, Kerry, Levin, etc.
Odd how some folks want to hang Bush for making similar statements, but are
all too willing to completely ignore the earlier comments from the other
side of the aisle, isn't it?

Now who's lying?

If we are to believe our President, clearly the intelligence community

that
provided our legislators with misleading and inaccurate data either were

lying
or were grossly imcompetent, and he should have fired them as soon as he

made
that determination.

But then you'd have to toss in the majority of the intel services around the
globe, as it appears most thought the Iraqis did indeed have hidden stocks
of WMD, and/or violations of UN Res 687 (which indeed was the case). Were
they all "grossly incompetent"?

To my knowledge, he has not yet addressed that problem.

Gee, you never held that same failure to address any intel failure against
Mr. Clinton, who bought into the same story. Why the double standard?

Brooks

George Z.

Old February 3rd 04, 01:18 AM
RobbelothE

When Nixon was having problems we were never told we could not make fun of him.
This held true for Ford, Carter, Reagan and Bush 1.

When Clinton was making a fool of himself the various commanders at Eglin AFB
and Hurlburt Fld. made it perfectly clear anything anti Clinton was

prohibited.
This actually makes sense from the point of view of loyalty, but being ordered

not to tell Clinton jokes was a bit much. Fortunately I had retired by then.

Dan, U. S. Air Force, retired

Dan,

How true. During my military career it was pointed out -- curiously during the
Clinton years -- that it was a UCMJ violation to make disparaging remarks about
the President. We may have held poor opinions of him but we still followed the
orders publicly.
Ed
"The French couldn't hate us any
more unless we helped 'em out in another war."
--Will Rogers

(Delete text after dot com for e-mail reply.)
Old February 4th 04, 04:47 AM
JD

you fib to us, George?" and so on in this election year, I offer the
following:

Who gives a rat's ass? To America, this is about terrorism. I
hope and pray the President of the United States is relentless in the
pursuit of terrorists, those who support terrorism, and those who provide
weaponry to terrorists. Saddam is just legitimate road kill and, in the
big picture, not terribly important. He's just another thug whose source
of power was based upon murder, rape, torture, theft, and subordination of
those too weak to resist. If the left wants this mutt as their champion,
be my guest. The son-of-a-bitch sponsored and supported terrorists. Abu
Nidal was his house guest. The U.N., President Clinton, and the world has
seen WMD used on the Kurds by Saddam. The U.N. found biologic weapons in
his possession after Gulf War I. Only the truly dim need the facts twice.
If he's not dead, then may he develop cancer of the asshole and die a slow,
painful, lonely death.

America is a country that wishes only to live in peace. Our problem is
not keeping our citizens within our borders, it's keeping outsiders out.
What other nation has this problem.......? What other nation has
repeatedly paid in lives for other nation's freedom? Those that cannot
acknowledge this are made irrelevant by history.

September 11 changed things with most Americans. America supports the
President and understands the rationale of his pursuits. Check the
polls...... even the polls of the left wing media (which, as ever, is
united in its opposition). It must hurt the left to see the President's
support is steadily higher than any other President in recent history.
Before the war, during the war, and now after the war, President Bush is
highly regarded as the right man for the job..... and his #1 job is to
protect his nation. He's doing that well. The media and its willing
accomplices on the left try daily to change the argument to oil, then WMD,
etc, etc, etc....., but folks know better. It's about terrorism. The
media / left try so hard to argue otherwise. Sept 11 video is literally
verboten by the broadcast media. We're cautioned repeatedly not to (insert
"gasp" here) descriminate against those of Arab descent. Everyday
Americans submit to searches, questions, and abuse so as to show
Arab-Americans they aren't being treated unfairly. Even 5 year old
children are examined at the airports to avoid any semblance of profiling.
In truth, 100% of the terrorist attacks against America have been by Arabs.
Ann Coulter once said this constitutes a description of the suspect, not
profiling. Most Americans agree with her.

Veterans are used to the left wing media. During Vietnam, those who served
listened to Walter Chronkite, that infamous soothsayer of the media, giving
voice to his buddy, Dan Rather. We listened to prevarication, prejudice,
and vituperance from the media and the left wing. These are the same folks
making all the racket today, but fortunately, they have little credibility.
(The current scandals of the New York Times, L.A. Times, and Washington
Post, speaking of mendacity and falling credibility, is evidence thereof.)

I pray to God George Bush is re-elected by a landslide and it may just turn
out that way. I further pray terrorism is eradicated, but failing that, I
hope GWB makes the message LOUD & CLEAR...... you who engage in the
murder of the innocent will pay with your lives.

Best

JD

Old February 5th 04, 12:35 AM
The CO

"JD" wrote in message

[...]

Seconded.

America is a country that wishes only to live in peace. Our problem

is
not keeping our citizens within our borders, it's keeping outsiders

out.
What other nation has this problem.......?

Actually, we do. Australia.

What other nation has repeatedly paid in lives for other nation's

freedom?

We did. WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Afghanistan, East Timor, Iraq......

Those that cannot acknowledge this are made irrelevant by history.

I'll just consider them wrong....:^)

I pray to God George Bush is re-elected by a landslide and it may just

turn
out that way. I further pray terrorism is eradicated, but failing

that, I
hope GWB makes the message LOUD & CLEAR...... you who engage in the
murder of the innocent will pay with your lives.

Actually, I can agree with that too.

The CO