Lookin' for the Cherokee Kid

Old April 6th 12, 12:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gapa Geezer

Default Lookin' for the Cherokee Kid

On Apr 5, 1:55*pm, Tony wrote:
On Thursday, April 5, 2012 1:48:51 PM UTC-5, vontresc wrote:
Does that mean that GapaGeezer is perhaps Pez D Spencer????

Pete

nah if it was Pez he'd challenge me in the Spitzer Gollywomper. *Surely the Gapa can at least get out of sight of the airport by the end of the afternoon

Well Kid, I ain't a gonna say much 'till I go out an make a bona-fide
flight, now that I dun' set up that challenge.
Maybe that way, 'case I chicken out, nobody'd be the wiser. I don't
mind telllin' ya my knees is knockin' a bit thinkin'
about where I might be landin' that thing!

Signed,

The GAPA Geezer

Old April 6th 12, 01:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Thursday, April 5, 2012 6:11:26 PM UTC-5, Gapa Geezer wrote:
On Apr 5, 1:55*pm, Tony wrote:
On Thursday, April 5, 2012 1:48:51 PM UTC-5, vontresc wrote:
Does that mean that GapaGeezer is perhaps Pez D Spencer????

Pete

nah if it was Pez he'd challenge me in the Spitzer Gollywomper. *Surely the Gapa can at least get out of sight of the airport by the end of the afternoon

Well Kid, I ain't a gonna say much 'till I go out an make a bona-fide
flight, now that I dun' set up that challenge.
Maybe that way, 'case I chicken out, nobody'd be the wiser. I don't
mind telllin' ya my knees is knockin' a bit thinkin'
about where I might be landin' that thing!

Signed,

The GAPA Geezer

with a 2.15 handicap you won't have to go far!
Old April 6th 12, 03:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gapa Geezer

On Apr 5, 11:48*am, "Peter von Tresckow" wrote:
Does that mean that GapaGeezer is perhaps Pez D Spencer????

Pete

"Dan" wrote in message

On Apr 5, 6:35 am, Vaughn wrote:

On 4/4/2012 7:14 PM, Martin Gregorie wrote:

Well, I know where one is on the West Coast: I saw it there on 2001 and
it seems to be still there. However, as of 2011 Wikipedia thinks there
are another four in the US: does anybody know where they all are?

Two of them were in Palm Beach Florida area a few years ago. One was
owned by the Barrys. I was hoping to fly that one, but they never got
the paperwork straightened out.

Vaughn

thee is one at Avenal CA
*http://www.soaravenal.com/aircraft.htm

Dan
WO

That's a good guess, but
Nah, the GAPA Geezer ain't nothin' but if he ain't modest.
He'd never dare compare hisself to the immortal Pez D Spencer.
Pez is in a whole 'nother league, but haven't heard much out
of him lately.

Signed,

The GAPA Geezer
Old April 6th 12, 04:47 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Karl Kunz

Hey GG, How bout we cut a hole in the Gapa so you can launch like this and give that Cherokee Kid a break.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpemglwS8XA

Old April 6th 12, 07:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mario[_2_]

"Dan" wrote in message

On Apr 5, 6:35 am, Vaughn wrote:

[...]

The GAPA Geezer is way to modest. We have photos of him soaring out
over the Pacific Ocean.
Old April 7th 12, 12:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gapa Geezer

"Dan" wrote in message

On Apr 5, 6:35 am, Vaughn wrote:

[...]

Well Sonny, if that ain't the Gall-Da#!*des't thang I ever did see!
But U's got to remember the GG is Old! And he didn't get that way by
bein' 'specially bold. 'Sides he can already stick his legs out the
sides and run 'long the ground with that GAPA without 'cuttin no holes
in his contraption. But that wide-legged stance that takes kinda
bothers him, 'caus them bionic knees they installed in him a 'couple
years ago ain't all they was cracked up 'ta be. He 'kinda got sold a
bill 'a goods on them things. 'Sides that, it really does a number on
the GG;s ingueenal hernia sac too, 'runnin like that. Nah, the GG's
'probly gonna
have ta settle for maybe 'sumptin like these here kids is doin in
Japan with one 'a them things they calls "bungees":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2pjcvCjjBk&NR=1

else maybe he's gonna try hitchin up a horse to it like them guys did
with that ULF-1 in this here video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86rOfjhsIIM

He been also thinkin' 'bout copyin' that guy with that glider he been
callin' the "Goat", what just rolls hisself
off the hill kinda' like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-noBy7oHCG0

By my Mark,

The Gapa Geezer
Old April 23rd 12, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Apr 5, 1:55*pm, Tony wrote:
On Thursday, April 5, 2012 1:48:51 PM UTC-5, vontresc wrote:
Does that mean that GapaGeezer is perhaps Pez D Spencer????

Pete

nah if it was Pez he'd challenge me in the Spitzer Gollywomper. *Surely the Gapa can at least get out of sight of the airport by the end of the afternoon

Well Kid, I ain't a gonna say much 'till I go out an make a bona-fide
flight, now that I dun' set up that challenge.
Maybe that way, 'case I chicken out, nobody'd be the wiser. I don't
mind telllin' ya my knees is knockin' a bit thinkin'
about where I might be landin' that thing!

Signed,

The GAPA Geezer

with a 2.15 handicap you won't have to go far!

Good goin’ Kid on Satuday! Ya dun skunked me good, faar and squaar!
But I gots ‘ta say I was right pleased that I got me my very first OLC GAPA flight that
same day what wasn't
grayed out! Just snuck into the bonafidee catagory with a whoppin’ 59.9 Km scorin’
distance. No. 109 for the day in the good old US of A! Right down at the very bottom of
page 3. I see you was up a ways from me at the bottom of page 2.

http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=2293427

But looks like I did beat you in one category, that ‘a thermalin’ percentage time.
Mine were 71.63 and yours were 62.21. Maybe if you keep a watchin’ what I’m doin’, you can
gets your percent thermalin’ time up higher like mine!
I dun kept that GAPA up for 'bout nigh on to 2hours and 10 minutes. I had me the trailer hooked up and had me 'nother qualified Geezer name 'a “Del Blomquist” for my
crew - he's 87, so he's even older 'n me, a genuine Geezer fo’ sure.
I was figurin’ it’d be straight out distance fo’ sure, bein’ as how the
GAPA can’t go ‘gainst the wind for nothin’. But lo’ and behold, when
I got up there, if there warn’t hardly no wind at all, so I dun changed my
strategy and changed over to that there “Yo-Yo” category I been hearin’
‘bout. That was purty nice, ‘cause then I could stay ‘lot closer to the aerodrome.
But I did get purty low a couple of times. Once when I saw this high performance
machine they be callin’ a “2-33” circlin’ a mile or so away
‘an went in underneath him, but he didn’t really have nothin’, and flew off ‘bout as
soon as I started circlin’. That left
me downwind ‘a the aerodrome, ‘an d#!%$ed if I wasn’t too low to get back! Praise be
‘ta the almighty that I dun snagged me a thermal ‘a my own whilst headn’ for this
landin’ field I had me picked out, and got myself back up. That’ll teach me to
not be a leachin’ offen them high performance superships like unto that 2-33 in the
future.
I coulda’ stayed up even longer, but guest what? Just like a ‘lot a other super-hero’s,
I done found me a side-kick, name ‘a “Bartolomiej Klusek” what likes to fly the
GAPA ‘bout as much as I do. He’s a lot younger than me and a lot taller, but that’s OK
for a Geezer side-kick and actu’lly has some ‘vantages. He was wantin’ to make hisself a flight that day two, so I dun came down to let him have ago at it. Turns out he was born in POLAND, so’s it’s just like havin’ my own factory GAPA representative right here on the premises!
Darned if he can even read the manual that came with the GAPA, so we dun learn’t some new
stuff we never knowed b’fore! Too bad I dun hogged all the good thermals for the
day, so he didn’t get hisself a very good flight, but I’ll let him try again later. That first name ‘a
his is a real mouthful, we goin’ to have to find a good sidekick nickname for him if’n we get
syndeecated by Marvel Comics someday. I got to admits that I’m not two comfortable
with that super-hero logo. It’s kinda against my natural born modesty, but anyways, it warn’t my
idea, somebody else in that there local Avenal glider club done come up with it. But I also got’s to admit that idea of the Geezer a swoopin’ down and landin’ in the
GAPA at the scene of some injustice and rightin’ them wrongs and such is mighty
appealin’, leastwise in my imagination, anyways.

Man, there was a lot ‘a gliders up on Saturday! I be apologizin’ in advance if’n
I dun set off any ‘a them there FLARMS. If’n I did get that close to any of ‘em, I sure
didn’t see ‘um. I remember I dun accidently set off somebody’s car alarm over
at the WallyWorld (Walmart) parkin’ lot a couple ‘a times and it sure was embarrasin’! Man that
Whoop! Whoop! Woop! sound that loud like that a reverbiratin’ inside them cockpits would sure do a number on a guy’s ears I’ll bet! Hope nobody had ta go ta the Hospital to have their
eardrums patched or ‘nothin. Well, this be getting’ a bit wordy, so I’ll be a signin’ off.

Signed,

The GAPA Geezer
Old April 23rd 12, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Not too bad for a Geezer. After all that circling can you walk in a straight line?

The link you posted went to a big long flight in a DG-800. Trying to pull one over on us? This is more like it: http://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-2.0...l?dsId=2293324

You're way behind on landout percentage!
Old April 23rd 12, 09:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bart[_4_]

On Apr 23, 1:09*pm, Tony wrote:
You're way behind on landout percentage!

Well, I managed to put the Gapa in a field yesterday. Just short of
the airport.

Geezer's Sidekick
Old April 24th 12, 01:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgan[_2_]

On Monday, April 23, 2012 1:54:12 PM UTC-7, Bart wrote:
On Apr 23, 1:09*pm, Tony wrote:
You're way behind on landout percentage!

Well, I managed to put the Gapa in a field yesterday. Just short of
the airport.

Geezer's Sidekick

I'm going to have to find a Google Translate filter for Gapa Geezer speak. I'm just happy to see everyone having fun with the Gapa.