A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » Aviation Images » Aviation Photos
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 26th 19, 10:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,423
Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

....that means no posts from me.

PG&E is turning off the power!...to prevent yet more fires from fallen power
lines.

The lawsuits from this power stoppage will just be added to the ones already
filed against the utility from the last power outage/fires from two years
ago...my sister almost lost her house to that one! She'd already lost her house
in yet an earlier fire...the Middletown fire.

"A severe wind event beginning Saturday night will lead Pacific Gas and Electric
to turn off power to nearly 400,000 Bay Area customers in eight counties to
reduce the risk of wind-damaged equipment sparking wildfires. It was originally
estimated that 850,000 customers would be impacted in the greater Northern
California area, but that estimate rose to 940,000 Saturday morning.

"PG&E said Saturday that power outages would occur in in Alameda, Contra Costa,
Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara Solano and Sonoma counties beginning at
around 4 p.m.


*

Ads
  #2  
Old October 27th 19, 04:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Flatlander
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9
Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

Be safe!

On 26 Oct 2019 14:24:14 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

...that means no posts from me.

PG&E is turning off the power!...to prevent yet more fires from fallen power
lines.

The lawsuits from this power stoppage will just be added to the ones already
filed against the utility from the last power outage/fires from two years
ago...my sister almost lost her house to that one! She'd already lost her house
in yet an earlier fire...the Middletown fire.

"A severe wind event beginning Saturday night will lead Pacific Gas and Electric
to turn off power to nearly 400,000 Bay Area customers in eight counties to
reduce the risk of wind-damaged equipment sparking wildfires. It was originally
estimated that 850,000 customers would be impacted in the greater Northern
California area, but that estimate rose to 940,000 Saturday morning.

"PG&E said Saturday that power outages would occur in in Alameda, Contra Costa,
Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara Solano and Sonoma counties beginning at
around 4 p.m.


*

  #3  
Old October 27th 19, 01:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,968
Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

Miloch wrote in
:

...that means no posts from me.

PG&E is turning off the power!...to prevent yet more fires from fallen
power lines.

The lawsuits from this power stoppage will just be added to the ones
already filed against the utility from the last power outage/fires
from two years ago...my sister almost lost her house to that one!
She'd already lost her house in yet an earlier fire...the Middletown
fire.

"A severe wind event beginning Saturday night will lead Pacific Gas
and Electric to turn off power to nearly 400,000 Bay Area customers in
eight counties to reduce the risk of wind-damaged equipment sparking
wildfires. It was originally estimated that 850,000 customers would be
impacted in the greater Northern California area, but that estimate
rose to 940,000 Saturday morning.

"PG&E said Saturday that power outages would occur in in Alameda,
Contra Costa, Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara Solano and Sonoma
counties beginning at around 4 p.m.


*



They can't design power lines that
won't fall down in high winds? It doesn't
seem like that complicated a technology.


  #4  
Old October 27th 19, 01:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Futility Man
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 30
Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

On Sun, 27 Oct 2019 08:04:20 -0500, Mitchell Holman
wrote:

They can't design power lines that
won't fall down in high winds? It doesn't
seem like that complicated a technology.


They have outlawed any and all tree trimming to protect power lines or anything
else. Scrub brush is more important than human lives. Trees and branches get
blown onto power lines, causing fires and burning thousands more trees than
would get trimmed.

Only in California can you get fined for trimming a tree that blocks visibility
at an intersection, or be fined for having a tree that blocks visibility at an
intersection, or fined for removing said tree if it dies, or be fined for
failing to remove a dead tree.

--
Futility Man
  #5  
Old October 28th 19, 05:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob (not my real pseudonym)[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,045
Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 23:05:26 -0500, Flatlander
wrote:

Be safe!


Second that!

On 26 Oct 2019 14:24:14 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

...that means no posts from me.

PG&E is turning off the power!...to prevent yet more fires from fallen power
lines.

The lawsuits from this power stoppage will just be added to the ones already
filed against the utility from the last power outage/fires from two years
ago...my sister almost lost her house to that one! She'd already lost her house
in yet an earlier fire...the Middletown fire.

"A severe wind event beginning Saturday night will lead Pacific Gas and Electric
to turn off power to nearly 400,000 Bay Area customers in eight counties to
reduce the risk of wind-damaged equipment sparking wildfires. It was originally
estimated that 850,000 customers would be impacted in the greater Northern
California area, but that estimate rose to 940,000 Saturday morning.

"PG&E said Saturday that power outages would occur in in Alameda, Contra Costa,
Marin, Napa, San Mateo, Santa Clara Solano and Sonoma counties beginning at
around 4 p.m.


*

  #6  
Old October 29th 19, 02:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,423
Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

In article , not my real pseudonym
says...

On 28 Oct 2019 19:45:48 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

In article , not my real pseudonym
says...

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 23:05:26 -0500, Flatlander
wrote:

Be safe!

Second that!


We electrified!...who knows how long it'll last...my sister had to evacuate her
home...third time and 4 or 5 years she's been directly affected by
wildfires...losing her house in one of them.

Had a helicopter flying over the neighborhood twice today...prolly looking at
transformers to check for damage...just a guess.


Bell 407 registered to Redding Air Service Inc. out of (no kidding)
Redding CA. Looks like they do a little of everything helicopters can
do.

Scary reports coming from down there, and appears it's not close to
all over. Thinking good thoughts for y'all.


PG&E is turning off electricity again later...for my PG&E zone, it's projected
to happen at 11PM...at least I'll be in bed.



*

  #7  
Old October 29th 19, 05:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,968
Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

On 28 Oct 2019 19:45:48 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 23:05:26 -0500, Flatlander
wrote:

Be safe!

Second that!

We electrified!...who knows how long it'll last...my sister had to
evacuate her home...third time and 4 or 5 years she's been directly
affected by wildfires...losing her house in one of them.

Had a helicopter flying over the neighborhood twice today...prolly
looking at transformers to check for damage...just a guess.


Bell 407 registered to Redding Air Service Inc. out of (no kidding)
Redding CA. Looks like they do a little of everything helicopters can
do.

Scary reports coming from down there, and appears it's not close to
all over. Thinking good thoughts for y'all.


PG&E is turning off electricity again later...for my PG&E zone, it's
projected to happen at 11PM...at least I'll be in bed.



On another forum one guy was gloating about
how the state was pushing electric cars and
now their recharging stations are idled. I had
to point out that without electricity gas station
pumps don't work either.

Thankfully we can charge our cars via our rooftop
solar panels, but I didn't mention that........








  #8  
Old October 29th 19, 09:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Miloch
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 21,423
Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

In article , Mitchell Holman
says...

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

On 28 Oct 2019 19:45:48 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 23:05:26 -0500, Flatlander
wrote:

Be safe!

Second that!

We electrified!...who knows how long it'll last...my sister had to
evacuate her home...third time and 4 or 5 years she's been directly
affected by wildfires...losing her house in one of them.

Had a helicopter flying over the neighborhood twice today...prolly
looking at transformers to check for damage...just a guess.

Bell 407 registered to Redding Air Service Inc. out of (no kidding)
Redding CA. Looks like they do a little of everything helicopters can
do.

Scary reports coming from down there, and appears it's not close to
all over. Thinking good thoughts for y'all.


PG&E is turning off electricity again later...for my PG&E zone, it's
projected to happen at 11PM...at least I'll be in bed.



On another forum one guy was gloating about
how the state was pushing electric cars and
now their recharging stations are idled. I had
to point out that without electricity gas station
pumps don't work either.

Thankfully we can charge our cars via our rooftop
solar panels, but I didn't mention that........




We have recharging stations all over town and I never see them being used. How
much does it cost?...or is it free?

I just got back from Luckys....long lines of people buying large sacks of
ice...and store employees replacing them by the pallet load!! My fridge's
freeze kept the existing ice from completely melting for the entire time.

The only thing about the power down was no TV to watch the Warriors play the
Pelicans...got it on the radio but of all the stations, it was the ONLY one
coming in broken.



*

  #9  
Old October 30th 19, 01:36 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Mitchell Holman[_9_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,968
Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , Mitchell
Holman says...

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

On 28 Oct 2019 19:45:48 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

In article , not my
real pseudonym says...

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 23:05:26 -0500, Flatlander
wrote:

Be safe!

Second that!

We electrified!...who knows how long it'll last...my sister had to
evacuate her home...third time and 4 or 5 years she's been directly
affected by wildfires...losing her house in one of them.

Had a helicopter flying over the neighborhood twice today...prolly
looking at transformers to check for damage...just a guess.

Bell 407 registered to Redding Air Service Inc. out of (no kidding)
Redding CA. Looks like they do a little of everything helicopters
can do.

Scary reports coming from down there, and appears it's not close to
all over. Thinking good thoughts for y'all.

PG&E is turning off electricity again later...for my PG&E zone, it's
projected to happen at 11PM...at least I'll be in bed.



On another forum one guy was gloating about
how the state was pushing electric cars and
now their recharging stations are idled. I had
to point out that without electricity gas station
pumps don't work either.

Thankfully we can charge our cars via our rooftop
solar panels, but I didn't mention that........




We have recharging stations all over town and I never see them being
used. How much does it cost?...or is it free?



When I am travelling I use the
supercharger locations, costs about
$6 for a 300 mile range. My charging
at home is free.




  #10  
Old October 31st 19, 03:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Savageduck[_3_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 468
Default Miloch...and 940,000 others...will be without electricity from 4PM Pacific today until evening on Monday.

On 2019-10-30 01:36:15 +0000, Mitchell Holman said:

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , Mitchell
Holman says...

Miloch wrote in
:

In article , not my real
pseudonym says...

On 28 Oct 2019 19:45:48 -0700, Miloch
wrote:

In article , not my
real pseudonym says...

On Sat, 26 Oct 2019 23:05:26 -0500, Flatlander
wrote:

Be safe!

Second that!

We electrified!...who knows how long it'll last...my sister had to
evacuate her home...third time and 4 or 5 years she's been directly
affected by wildfires...losing her house in one of them.

Had a helicopter flying over the neighborhood twice today...prolly
looking at transformers to check for damage...just a guess.

Bell 407 registered to Redding Air Service Inc. out of (no kidding)
Redding CA. Looks like they do a little of everything helicopters
can do.

Scary reports coming from down there, and appears it's not close to
all over. Thinking good thoughts for y'all.

PG&E is turning off electricity again later...for my PG&E zone, it's
projected to happen at 11PM...at least I'll be in bed.


On another forum one guy was gloating about
how the state was pushing electric cars and
now their recharging stations are idled. I had
to point out that without electricity gas station
pumps don't work either.

Thankfully we can charge our cars via our rooftop
solar panels, but I didn't mention that........




We have recharging stations all over town and I never see them being
used. How much does it cost?...or is it free?



When I am travelling I use the
supercharger locations, costs about
$6 for a 300 mile range. My charging
at home is free.


You get FREE domestic power?

Even if you have a domestic solar system you would have related capital costs.
--
Regards,

Savageduck

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ping Miloch Miloch Aviation Photos 0 September 7th 18 04:13 AM
PING Miloch: OT Camera Savageduck[_3_] Aviation Photos 0 August 18th 18 03:48 PM
Monday evening t'storm arrives at OSH Dan Luke Piloting 21 August 1st 06 03:00 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 12:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2020 AviationBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.