Aniversary

Old November 11th 05, 05:47 AM
Richard

Default Aniversary

November 11 2001 was the last time I stepped into a cockpit.

It was the last time I was too broke to have a few "goodies".

In honor of which I have made a $400 trip to the local model railroad
shop.

Which has also been about average per month.

But I have something I can hold in my hands, not just a note in a book
to show for it.

Lennie the (Much better off) Lurker will now return to silence for
another year.

Old November 11th 05, 07:21 AM
nimbusgb

Still misses it badly doesnt he!

Old November 11th 05, 01:49 PM

It's not in the book!
It's in the videos you can replay in your mind whenever you want-
priceless!
UH

Old November 11th 05, 05:13 PM

I had completely forgotten about Lennie, and his rants about how he
despises soaring. This has made my day. Going flying in about one
hour. Although cloudbase is only approximately 8,000 ft, there are
scattered cus. in the Mojave desert. Flying should be OK for
mid-november.

Cheers (even to the Lurker) who is sure to be reading these threads.

Charles

Old November 12th 05, 08:11 PM
Mike

Well, November 11 will now be a date for me to remember, too. Yesterday
was my first real taste of ridge soaring at the Bald Eagle Ridge. I
flew very conseratively and still went 125 miles or so while Tom and
others blasted around the various ridges at low levels racking up
several hundreds of kilometers on a beautiful day with ridge and
thermal lift. Simply awesome.

Mike Fadden
ASW 15