Aircraft Spark Plug Service - Still in business?

Old October 1st 07, 12:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gary

Default Aircraft Spark Plug Service - Still in business?

Several years ago, on the recommendation of folks from this group, I
sent a set of plugs to Aircraft Spark Plug Service in Van Nuys, CA.
The plugs came back looking like new, each in sealed tube with a new
gasket ready for installation. Well worth the cost considering how
long it would take me to clean, paint and test each one IMHO. I later
went to work at a shop with all of the equipment to easily clean my
own plugs so I didn't use ASPS anymore. Now I no longer have access
to plug cleaning equipment nor the time so I went to look ASPS up on
the Web and their site is gone. Their AD in Trade-A-Plane went away
some time between June and August. Does anyone know if these folks
are still in business? Has anyone sent plugs to them recently?

Gary

Old October 1st 07, 03:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dale Alexander

Doesn't anybody know how to use Dogpile search engine?

AIRCRAFT SPARK PLUG SERVICE 818-787-5680 Spark plugs reconditioned

Dale Alexander

ps.com...

Old October 1st 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
RST Engineering

Even Google gives you 100+ hits, the first four of which have addresses and
phone numbers. I guess it is a lot easier just to post here and let other
people do the work.

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

Old October 1st 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

"RST Engineering" wrote:

Even Google gives you 100+ hits, the first four of which have
addresses and phone numbers. I guess it is a lot easier just to post
here and let other people do the work.

Don't they put receipts for previous work into the engine log files?

Old October 2nd 07, 05:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

"RST Engineering" wrote:

Say again?

Careful record keeping of aircraft expenses...

"RST Engineering" wrote:

Even Google gives you 100+ hits, the first four of which have
addresses and phone numbers. I guess it is a lot easier just to post
here and let other people do the work.

Don't they (aircraft owners) put receipts for previous work into the

engine log files?
Old October 2nd 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Tri-Pacer

Say again?

Careful record keeping of aircraft expenses...

Good way to get a divorce :-)

Old October 2nd 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Darrel Toepfer

"Tri-Pacer" wrote:

Careful record keeping of aircraft expenses...

Good way to get a divorce :-)

Us Pacer owners have the 3rd wheel in the right place though...
Old October 7th 07, 01:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Gary

On Oct 1, 12:11 pm, "RST Engineering" wrote:
Even Google gives you 100+ hits, the first four of which have addresses and
phone numbers. I guess it is a lot easier just to post here and let other
people do the work.

Jim

--
"If you think you can, or think you can't, you're right."
--Henry Ford

"Dale Alexander" wrote in message

Doesn't anybody know how to use Dogpile search engine?

AIRCRAFT SPARK PLUG SERVICE 818-787-5680 Spark plugs reconditioned

Dale Alexander

Sorry Jim you guessed wrong. If you had read my post, I said I did
business with them before, hence I have their phone number and address
from that invoice. I also did a web search looking for their Web
address and only found old references, including the owner's email
address. What I was asking for, and obviously from the answers I
received wasn't to clear about, was a recent customer reference.
Here's why.

I sent a dozen plugs to ASPS in early September. By October 1st when
I made my post here ASPS said they had not received them. But the
shipper said that they were delivered. Coincident with my "lost"
plugs I noticed that the ever-present ASPS Ad in my June issue of
Trade A Plane no longer appeared in my September issue. Bzzzzzt - red
flag goes up. Is ASPS in financial trouble? Has the company been
sold? Are they in receivership? Not an unfounded concern in GA these
days.

However I also received the following email from ASPS later that day:
Hi Gary

Your Spark Plugs arrived today.
Wow!!! That took a long time.
Will get them out the door UPS. ASAP

Jeanne Fenimore
Aircraft Spark Plug Service

So not everyone is quick to assume laziness on my part and respond as
such. Clearly in the 10+ years of reading RAH and attending RAH
flyins I refrain from posting here until all other alternatives have
been explored.

Gary Plewa AP/IA

Old October 7th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

"Gary" wrote

So not everyone is quick to assume laziness on my part and respond as
such. Clearly in the 10+ years of reading RAH and attending RAH
flyins I refrain from posting here until all other alternatives have
been explored.

So perhaps if you had told the full story at first, the whole picture would
have been more clear and you would have gotten a better response.

Although you perhaps are not lazy, you must understand that many here are;
thus the quick jump on your case.

Sounds like they had lost your plugs, and suddenly found them after checking
their receiving records. It would make me wonder about them, but all
companies drop the ball, at least occasionally.
--
Jim in NC

Consequences of dropped spark-plug? Kensandyeggo Home Built 4 June 27th 06 02:13 AM
Spark plug question for Archie John S Home Built 0 February 17th 05 06:56 PM
Vintage spark plug Robert Eagle Restoration 0 November 30th 04 08:57 PM
Q: Spark Plug Life john smith Owning 7 August 15th 03 05:11 PM
spark plug question Bill T. Owning 0 July 3rd 03 07:08 PM