Airman Medical Application

Old August 13th 04, 05:49 PM
jls

Default Airman Medical Application

I flipped out the form and showed it to about 8 airmen at my airport. Most
of them sheepishly admitted to having trouble with the two questions about
criminal records and motor vehicle traffic convictions. None of them would
admit to any rational connection between an airman's medical exam to
determine if he were safe to fly and a criminal record, especially a
misdemeanor record. One of them admitted to having to call a lawyer about
one question on his form and then having to answer it, "YES," i. e., that he
had had a conviction for which he had had to attend school to get points off
his driver license in order to operate a motor vehicle on the streets and
highways. He had to pay a higher fee to the doctor (for having to come back
later to finish his medical) and of course an attorney fee. Once we began
to have a full discussion of the meanings of the questions, we found that
most of them were unconvicted felons for having answered one or more of the
questions uncandidly. We the sheeple.

One of them had been convicted of resisting an officer, another of a simple
non-traffic misdemeanor, one of assault, one of bedding and cohabitation,
and one said that although unconvicted he felt a little guilty because he
had committed onanism. All of them are now more aware of the deviousness
of Big Brother.

Do you have any despicable scofflaws operating aircraft out of your airport?

BTW, my posts angered somebody, somebody so angry as to be willing to file
AUP charges with my ISP. Must have been a shill of Big Bro.

Sport Pilot Final Gilan Home Built 34 August 13th 04 03:20 PM
Sport Pilot cuts off special issuance at the knees Juan~--~Jimenez Home Built 40 August 10th 04 01:19 PM
Medical and Insurance? Ken Sandyeggo Home Built 15 August 11th 03 11:54 PM