Aircraft Tracking

Old October 15th 08, 02:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
ABLE1

Default Aircraft Tracking

Hello All,

This is just a bit of curiosity.

Where can I go to view the aircraft tracks that happened between the hours
of 1600-1630 today 10/14/08 in the area of south central Pennsylvania mainly
MDT.

I have seen links that others have pointed out that shows tracking elsewhere
and was wondering how this time frame and location can be searched.

TIA

Les

Old October 16th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

Keep in mind that flight aware only shows non-government aircraft that have
active flight plans.

Old October 16th 08, 08:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old October 16th 08, 02:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Oct 15, 6:22*pm, "Mike" nospam @ microsoft.com wrote:
Keep in mind that flight aware only shows non-government aircraft that have
active flight plans.

And of course you can be flying along VFR without a flight plan and
request flight following anytime during that flight and it will show
up on flight aware when ATC issues a transponder code for ya... YMMV
Old October 16th 08, 11:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

wrote in message
On Oct 15, 6:22 pm, "Mike" nospam @ microsoft.com wrote:
Keep in mind that flight aware only shows non-government aircraft that
have
active flight plans.

And of course you can be flying along VFR without a flight plan and
request flight following anytime during that flight and it will show
up on flight aware when ATC issues a transponder code for ya... YMMV

Which is still a flight plan, albeit an abbreviated one as is a pop-up IFR.

Old October 17th 08, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Oct 16, 4:23*pm, "Mike" nospam @ microsoft.com wrote:
wrote in message

On Oct 15, 6:22 pm, "Mike" nospam @ microsoft.com wrote:
Keep in mind that flight aware only shows non-government aircraft that
have
active flight plans.

And of course you can be flying along VFR without a flight plan and
request flight following anytime during that flight and it will show
up on flight aware when ATC issues a transponder code for ya... YMMV

Which is still a flight plan, albeit an abbreviated one as is a pop-up IFR.

A VFR flight following event is nothing like a pop up IFR pick
up.... You really are not a pilot are ya ???

Cheers.
Old October 17th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike

wrote in message

On Oct 15, 6:22 pm, "Mike" nospam @ microsoft.com wrote:
Keep in mind that flight aware only shows non-government aircraft
that
have
active flight plans.

And of course you can be flying along VFR without a flight plan and
request flight following anytime during that flight and it will show
up on flight aware when ATC issues a transponder code for ya... YMMV

Which is still a flight plan, albeit an abbreviated one as is a pop-up
IFR.

A VFR flight following event is nothing like a pop up IFR pick
up.... You really are not a pilot are ya ???

In your quest to be a smartarse you failed to read what I wrote and only
succeeded in revealing your ignorance. Congratulations.

VFR flight following and a pop-up IFR both require a flight plan to be
loaded into a FAA automation computer which is how the discrete beacon code
is generated. Now you can argue that point if you wish, or continue to
manufacture mistatements which I never wrote, or continue to make
allegations to whether I am not a pilot, but you'll still be just as wrong,
so be my guest. I've forgotten more about the subject than you will ever
hope to know.

Old October 17th 08, 02:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

wrote in message

[...]

hope to know.- Hide quoted text -

Ya think ?????????????