B-58 Site

Old October 31st 04, 05:23 PM
Darrell S

Default B-58 Site

For those of you who haven't visited my B-58 Hustler site you might wish to
click on the link below. While there note that there are also many links to
other aircraft home pages. Don't overlook the More B-58 pictures Annex
link And sign in on the Guest Book.

B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
-

Old October 31st 04, 06:15 PM
John A. Weeks III

In article 2c9hd.91194$cJ3.16942@fed1read06, Darrell S
wrote:

For those of you who haven't visited my B-58 Hustler site you might wish to
click on the link below.

B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/

I have a site where I am tracking the B-58 survivors.
http://www.johnweeks.com/b58 I have visited all but one
of the surviving B-58's, and I expect to inspect the last
one just after the holidays.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications
http://www.johnweeks.com
Old November 1st 04, 11:54 AM
Don Pyeatt

"Darrell S" wrote in message
For those of you who haven't visited my B-58 Hustler site you might

wish to
click on the link below. While there note that there are also many

links to
other aircraft home pages. Don't overlook the More B-58 pictures

Annex
link And sign in on the Guest Book.

B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
-

Hi, Darrell,

I have been trying to contact B.J. Brown. If you have a new email
address for him please send it to me.

Thanks!

Don

Old November 1st 04, 11:04 PM
Ken S. Tucker

"Don Pyeatt" wrote in message ...
"Darrell S" wrote in message
For those of you who haven't visited my B-58 Hustler site you might

wish to
click on the link below. While there note that there are also many

links to
other aircraft home pages. Don't overlook the More B-58 pictures

Annex
link And sign in on the Guest Book.

B-58 Hustler History: http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
-

Hi, Darrell,

I have been trying to contact B.J. Brown. If you have a new email
address for him please send it to me.

Thanks!

Don

The 58 was the sexiest piece of crap that ever flew.

A glance will tell you it's a nightmare of viscosity
with all those slung engines cutting atmosphere at mach 2,
gee no wonder it was a gas guzzler.

Better to take the Arrow and (assuming low tech engine
thrust) stick another pair of engines in it's armpits.

The Arrow was designed for the "3 spool" Iroquious
"ultra efficient" "super cruise" capable engine.
It was cancelled by Eisenhower because it could
run circles around the U-2. At high altitude that
SOB could short dash pace SR-71, and inform the
pilot he is DOA, by hand signals.

Don't lick the 58 because it looks sexy, it's a
war machine that flunked out, aka DOA...it was
kept in service to 1970 for USAF CYA, and killed
more American's than it saved.
Learn, and evaluate Integrated Weapons Systems
from that boon-doogle, (WS-101, IIRC) and learn
why it failed!

There is no room for fluffy reminiscing where
lives are at stake, on the contrary, a morbid
fascination with the 58 death trap is rather
course, considering how many lives it took.

Does, "Unsafe at Any Speed" (Nader), ring a bell?

No offense was intended by my post,
it respects those who lost thier lives
flying the 58, and that is not sexy.
Ken S. Tucker