Avgas Where is the ceiling?

Old April 22nd 06, 08:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Avgas Where is the ceiling?

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:57:31 GMT, ktbr wrote:

Let the rest of the world develop their resourses while we just sit
here and pay them money. Hell.. in about 50 years Mexico will figure
out a way to suck all of the oil out of the gulf right under our noses.

you think in terms of nations ... this is crap, IMHO.
you (we) have to start today: develop alternatives, conserve, invest in
filters (pollution), etc. - and you have to give _everybody_ his fair
share, no matter what passport he holds.

#m
--
"We're out of toilet paper sir!"
http://www.webcrunchers.com/crunch/Play/history/stories/toilet.html
Old April 22nd 06, 09:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 03:46:27 -0400, Bob Noel wrote:

lokk at history: what has almost every leader done when there where
problems within the country? he started a war.

Yes, let's look at history and try to learn from it.

I doubt that we will learn.

What's the best place to fight a war?

abroad, where else. better to destroy their country than mine.
but this doesn't solve the root cause why the war started.

#m
Old April 22nd 06, 11:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Martin Hotze wrote:
you think in terms of nations ... this is crap, IMHO.
you (we) have to start today: develop alternatives, conserve, invest in
filters (pollution), etc. - and you have to give _everybody_ his fair
share, no matter what passport he holds.

You are a nut. Take off you rose colored glasses and quit dreaming.
Go talk to the Chinese, Iran or Korea about you pie in the sky. You
need to get real.

Old April 22nd 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:22:50 GMT, kontiki wrote:

Martin Hotze wrote:
you think in terms of nations ... this is crap, IMHO.
you (we) have to start today: develop alternatives, conserve, invest in
filters (pollution), etc. - and you have to give _everybody_ his fair
share, no matter what passport he holds.

You are a nut. Take off you rose colored glasses and quit dreaming.

dreams are the start

Go talk to the Chinese, Iran or Korea about you pie in the sky. You
need to get real.

heck, they think the same, they just name other countries, most name only
one. and where should this all end? does it make sense? it doesn't even
make economical sense, if this is all what you are thinking about.

#m
Old April 22nd 06, 03:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Martin Hotze wrote:
On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:57:31 GMT, ktbr wrote:

Let the rest of the world develop their resourses while we just sit
here and pay them money. Hell.. in about 50 years Mexico will figure
out a way to suck all of the oil out of the gulf right under our noses.

you think in terms of nations ... this is crap, IMHO.
you (we) have to start today: develop alternatives, conserve, invest in
filters (pollution), etc. - and you have to give _everybody_ his fair
share, no matter what passport he holds.

Give everybody his fair share? You're an idiot.

Old April 22nd 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 08:02:56 -0600, Newps wrote:

you think in terms of nations ... this is crap, IMHO.
you (we) have to start today: develop alternatives, conserve, invest in
filters (pollution), etc. - and you have to give _everybody_ his fair
share, no matter what passport he holds.

Give everybody his fair share? You're an idiot.

well, what are the alternatives? fighting those wars until some wacko hits
the red button and fires all those nukes (even firing one is enough)?
what's next? get a broader view, please.

#m
Old April 22nd 06, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 09:36:52 +0200, Martin Hotze
wrote:

... I see. don't take yourself too important.

Always a good idea.

Don
Old April 22nd 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Someone took the cost of the Iraq war and divided it by the barrels of
oil in Iraq. Turns out the war raises the oil by about $7.50 a
barrel........

Old April 22nd 06, 08:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

For Europe too. If the U.S. did not subsidize the national defense of
Europe they'd have to pay for it themselves.

I doubt that we here would raise much more money than we do right now for
national defense.

Exactly. Europe would be a sitting duck and the U.S. would never let
that happen, hence our continued subsidies of Europe's defense. We've
never asked for anything in return. Last time I was in France the
national langauge was not German, we accept that as a thank you.

-Robert

Old April 22nd 06, 08:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

On 22 Apr 2006 12:08:22 -0700, Robert M. Gary wrote:

Exactly. Europe would be a sitting duck and the U.S. would never let
that happen, hence our continued subsidies of Europe's defense. We've

what would happen if you would give up all your bases *NOW*? would all
those commies invade? HAHA!

never asked for anything in return.

not open, yes ...

Last time I was in France the
national langauge was not German, we accept that as a thank you.

*pffffrt* but it is not english, either. And I'd bet they'd rather learn
German than English ...

ignorance at its best; and you wonder about the outcome ... *sigh*

-Robert

#m

Avgas STC Mike Granby Owning 12 September 6th 05 07:18 PM
Avgas price and the light plane ownership M Owning 56 July 10th 05 04:55 AM
Avgas Prices aluckyguess Piloting 14 May 6th 05 07:23 AM
service ceiling of F-22 zxcv Military Aviation 7 March 14th 04 10:31 PM
Class C Ceiling Mzsoar Soaring 1 August 18th 03 08:50 PM