Another Addition to the Rec.Aviation Rogue's Gallery

Old January 3rd 04, 11:25 PM
Jay Honeck

Default Another Addition to the Rec.Aviation Rogue's Gallery

Go to http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm to see Bob Gardner,
aviation author, flight instructor, and newsgroup contributor, in the latest
version of our "Rogue's Gallery"!

(And we also get to see Karl Gruber's cool Cessna 185 on floats, since
that's what Bob is posing with. No sign of Karl himself yet, however! :-)

Want your plane posted in the gallery? Email me some pix and a short
narrative to , and I'll get 'em up!
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 3rd 04, 11:44 PM
Robert Moore

"Jay Honeck" wrote
Go to http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm to see Bob Gardner,
aviation author, flight instructor, and newsgroup contributor, in the
latest version of our "Rogue's Gallery"!

Bummer!!! I have always imagined Bob as a young, handsome, intellectual
:-). No way do you get my picture!

The other Bob
Old January 3rd 04, 11:59 PM
Ben Jackson

In article ,
Robert Moore wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote
Go to http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm to see Bob Gardner,

Bummer!!! I have always imagined Bob as a young, handsome, intellectual
:-). No way do you get my picture!

I just hope I still look as good as Bob when *I* turn 117.

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/
Old January 4th 04, 12:55 AM
Eduardo Kaftanski

In article ubIJb.733594$Tr4.1957620@attbi_s03,
Jay Honeck wrote:
Go to http://www.alexisparkinn.com/rec_aviation.htm to see Bob Gardner,
aviation author, flight instructor, and newsgroup contributor, in the latest
version of our "Rogue's Gallery"!

one small suggestion to your site.... I have a very small screen, and in
lots of places your site gets a line break where you don't want one...

for example, I see your phone number as:

Toll Free: 888-
9ALEXIS (888-925-3947) Local: 319 337
-8665 Fax: 319 351-4102

and the initials as

A - H I - P Q
- Z

Some of those can be fixed changing a normal space ' ' with a non-breakable
one, which your write in HTML as ' '

I don't know it frontpage lets you use those. If it does not, you should
probably switch to something else

--
Eduardo Kaftanski |
http://e.nn.cl | for nothing left to loose.

Old January 4th 04, 01:30 AM
Jay Honeck

I just hope I still look as good as Bob when *I* turn 117.

ROTFLMAO!

Although I probably shouldn't be laughing. Yesterday one of my tenants came
in to pay his rent. He's a young buck of 28, covered with numerous tattoos
but generally a pretty nice kid.

Somehow the subject of age came up, and I revealed to him that I was 45
years old.

In voice so genuine that it made me cringe, he responded "Wow! I'd NEVER
have believed that! I sure hope *I* can get around so well when I turn 45!"

:-(
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 4th 04, 01:31 AM
Bob Gardner

I'm only old on the outside.

Bob

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
. 7...
"Jay Honeck" wrote

Old January 4th 04, 01:32 AM
Jay Honeck

one small suggestion to your site.... I have a very small screen, and in
lots of places your site gets a line break where you don't want one...

Argh! First I change the page so that it doesn't require any
side-scrolling.

Now you want me to change it so it doesn't "wrap" -- which will probably
necessitate side-scrolling for many!

I can't win... (Although the address/phone number on the left side of the
page shouldn't be breaking like that. I'll check that out ASAP -- thanks!)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 4th 04, 02:13 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
I just hope I still look as good as Bob when *I* turn 117.

ROTFLMAO!

Although I probably shouldn't be laughing. Yesterday one of my tenants

came
in to pay his rent. He's a young buck of 28, covered with numerous

tattoos
but generally a pretty nice kid.

Somehow the subject of age came up, and I revealed to him that I was 45
years old.

In voice so genuine that it made me cringe, he responded "Wow! I'd NEVER
have believed that! I sure hope *I* can get around so well when I turn

45!"

:-(

You should have hit him with your walker.

Old January 4th 04, 02:35 AM
Eduardo Kaftanski

In article a3KJb.51657$xX.289854@attbi_s02,
Jay Honeck wrote:

I can't win... (Although the address/phone number on the left side of the
page shouldn't be breaking like that. I'll check that out ASAP -- thanks!)

nobody never, ever finishes a web site

its just a fact of life...

--
Eduardo Kaftanski |

Old January 4th 04, 03:52 AM
StellaStar

Bob Gardner,
aviation author, flight instructor, and newsgroup contributor,

He's a cute one -- more, more!