FS: Ventus C

Old November 1st 05, 03:20 PM
KO

Default FS: Ventus C

Schempp-Hirth Ventus "C"

1985, SerNo 323, 1600 hours, "B" Fuselage, 16.6 Tip Extensions, 2
more sets of tip plates. Borgelt B-50, Volkslogger, Winpilot iPAQ
6315, Custom iPAQ mount, Becker radio, Blumenauer vario. New interior.
New electric system, dual batteries. Flap Position Indicator lights.
Recently re-profiled and controls re-sealed, very nice finish. Komet
trailer, wing wheel, tail dolly, wing stand. More pictures available on
request. Currently based at Seminole Lake Gliderport, Clermont,
Florida. Great Performance! 53,500

email: kols4-at-hotmail.com phone: 954-385-8523

Old November 1st 05, 07:33 PM
Nick Gilbert

Default Ventus C

I might be wrong, but isn't this a Venuts B 16.6?

If not, what is the difference between a Ventus B 16.6 & Ventus C?

Nick.

ups.com...

Old November 1st 05, 08:25 PM
KO

Nick:

No, it IS a Ventus C with 16.6 Tips. On the C mode you could get 17.7
or 16.6 mts wingtip extensions... mine has the 16.6, ther is a SH kit
to extend those to 17.7 a.

There are quite some differences between the "B" and the "C"... wing
roots, airfoils, spoilers and no trailing edge brakes, dihedral... to
name a few...

Regards
Enrique

Old November 1st 05, 08:32 PM
KO

Todd:

You are absolutelly correct! Mine came out of teh factory as a "B" but
redesignated as "C" soon after... and as you describe... wing roots,
spoilers and dihedral are among the differences...
Best regards
Enrique

Old November 2nd 05, 04:21 AM
Bob Gibbons

The same situation with my Ventus C, serial #346. Originally imported
into the US as a B model, shortly therafter re-placarded as a C model.
As Todd points out, the C models are very easy to spot with the normal
Schempp-Hirth dive brakes in liu of trailing edge brakes and integral
wing fairings on the fuselage.

Incidently, this is the reason so few of the US Ventus C models are
listed in the FAA database. Most were brought in and registered as B
models and the FAA record was never updated.

Bob

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 15:23:45 -0500, T o d d P a t t i s t
wrote:

"Nick Gilbert" wrote:

I might be wrong, but isn't this a Venuts B 16.6?
If not, what is the difference between a Ventus B 16.6 & Ventus C?

I don't know what his is, but I have a slightly later Ventus
S/N 342 built in 1987. When it was built it was designated
B/16.6, but it was later redesignated a Ventus C by service
bulletin and has the Ventus C data plate and the Ventus
B/16.6 data plate. The manufacturing changes precede the
model designation change. I was told this could be done for
a limited number of models so that paperwork delays did not
interfere with manufacturing and importing.

The B models have trailing edge air brakes, and do not have
wing root fillets integral to the fuselage. The C version
has the fillets which makes taping easier and uses
conventional S-H brakes that rise vertically out of the
wing.

roups.com...

--
T o d d P a t t i s t - "WH" Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)

Old November 2nd 05, 04:34 AM
Marc Ramsey

Bob Gibbons wrote:
Incidently, this is the reason so few of the US Ventus C models are
listed in the FAA database. Most were brought in and registered as B
models and the FAA record was never updated.

Were any C models with the A fuselage (C/A) registered as A models, or
does this confusion only exist with the B fuselage (C/B)? Just to
confuse things further, I know of one true B model that was retrofitted
with a newly manufactured set of C wings following an accident.

Marc
Old November 2nd 05, 05:27 AM
JS

Marc Ramsey wrote:
Just to confuse things further, I know of one true B model that was retrofitted
with a newly manufactured set of C wings following an accident.

.... Which was quite the saga on the highways of Nevada. Something to do
with one wing being run over by a truck. I helped Rick Wagner get that
mixer to work with the new wings. The A/B and the C control linkages
are different, as you might expect.
What we might call a "Frankenglider" (or "Phoenix") B/C is likely
what many of us thought this glider was. It's interesting to see how
many factory B/Cs there are!
Jim

Old November 2nd 05, 04:51 PM
KO

More Information and Photos at: http://ventus.elm2.com

Ventus 16.6 Wingtips dave Soaring 1 September 28th 05 10:26 AM
Ventus C 17.6 John Shelton Soaring 0 January 17th 05 05:48 PM
TURBULATOR TAPE ON VENTUS B Ventus B Soaring 5 February 18th 04 08:27 PM
Ventus & Ventus 2 John W Soaring 3 December 7th 03 03:55 AM
Ventus C vs B tango4 Soaring 6 September 10th 03 03:29 AM