Ultimate Survival Pack

Old July 31st 18, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Ultimate Survival Pack

I just learned about this really great survival pack from Switzerland.Â*
It's appears to be more useful than their Army Knife. They are currently
being offered for free and I'm sure all of us cheap glider pilots will
appreciate that.Â* If I miss out on the early promotion, I'll still buy
two of them so my wife can have one, too.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8gxdjH3QjNU
--
Dan, 5J
Old July 31st 18, 05:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 8:53:45 AM UTC-7, Dan Marotta wrote:
I just learned about this really great survival pack from Switzerland.Â*
It's appears to be more useful than their Army Knife. They are currently
being offered for free and I'm sure all of us cheap glider pilots will
appreciate that.Â* If I miss out on the early promotion, I'll still buy
two of them so my wife can have one, too.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8gxdjH3QjNU
--
Dan, 5J

Hold on, Dan.
In version 2 they're adding a tent.
Jim
Old July 31st 18, 07:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 10:53:45 AM UTC-5, Dan Marotta wrote:
I just learned about this really great survival pack from Switzerland.Â*
It's appears to be more useful than their Army Knife. They are currently
being offered for free and I'm sure all of us cheap glider pilots will
appreciate that.Â* If I miss out on the early promotion, I'll still buy
two of them so my wife can have one, too.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8gxdjH3QjNU
--
Dan, 5J

Good show, Dan. At the end of the video I had that strong urge to yell at "Andy" and - by the way - he/she may be a Trump voter.

Old August 1st 18, 12:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Koerner

I don't think so. Andy figured it out when the hen was pulled out of the pack.

Old August 1st 18, 12:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I thought about getting one, but after having trouble with mice, I just cannot imagine how much trouble a chicken would cause in the cockpit.

Kevin
92
Old August 1st 18, 05:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

On Tuesday, July 31, 2018 at 6:52:55 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I thought about getting one, but after having trouble with mice, I just cannot imagine how much trouble a chicken would cause in the cockpit.

Kevin
92

Well, as a certified academic Ph.D. Chickenologist, I can tell you that the feasibility of having a chicken in the cockpit depends entirely upon the choice of chicken. Now, you take your industry standard "broiler" chicken: They have white feathers so they fit the predominant glider color scheme. They grow fast with high breast meat yield. With their very high wing loading, they should be good for western U.S. conditions. Unfortunately, they are quite susceptible to heat stress. They are also voracious and will eat all your Clif bars and drink all your water before you leave the start cylinder.. Commercial egg laying hens, at least the "White Leghorn" variety also match our white gliders nicely. They are small and light, don't eat much, but are quite nervous and will often panic due to incessant Flarm alerts in crowded thermals. The also require a nest box be installed to avoid having loose eggs rolling around the cockpit. Probably the best choice for a cockpit chicken is the "Orpington" variety. Calm and docile, they tend to be a bit more analytical than other chickens and are very good at picking energy lines. Unfortunately, their feather color only matches the highly yellowed gelcoat found on 301 Libelles.
Old August 1st 18, 05:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Never will forget when we were at Chilhowee and you were telling us about teaching the students artificial insemination on turkeys!
Old August 1st 18, 09:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
WB

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 11:47:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Never will forget when we were at Chilhowee and you were telling us about teaching the students artificial insemination on turkeys!

You mean the story about the student who didn't pay attention when I demonstrated obtaining semen from a rooster and when it was his turn to perform the procedure, he fell back to prior habits? The other students either bolted in horror or were rolling on the floor laughing. Good times!
Old August 3rd 18, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
CindyB[_2_]

On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 1:23:57 PM UTC-7, WB wrote:
On Wednesday, August 1, 2018 at 11:47:48 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Never will forget when we were at Chilhowee and you were telling us about teaching the students artificial insemination on turkeys!

You mean the story about the student who didn't pay attention when I demonstrated obtaining semen from a rooster and when it was his turn to perform the procedure, he fell back to prior habits? The other students either bolted in horror or were rolling on the floor laughing. Good times!

I missed that story, but was astounded to learn about captive breeding plans for hawks and falcons. It involved some particular headwear. This is the updated fancy version.

http://northwoodsfalconry.com/produc...emination-hat/

Laughing,
Cindy B