Instrument Panel

Old January 28th 06, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Instrument Panel

I am to the point that I must cut the holes in my panel. Does anyone know
of a source for full sized instrument faces in paper or something. I would
like them to place on the panel to have a full size view of the layout
before cutting. The layout could be shifted around until I find the best
layout for the panel.

Charlie

Old January 28th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

ccwillwerth wrote:

I am to the point that I must cut the holes in my panel. Does anyone know
of a source for full sized instrument faces in paper or something. I would
like them to place on the panel to have a full size view of the layout
before cutting. The layout could be shifted around until I find the best
layout for the panel.

Charlie

Charlie, if you have a scanner attached to that computer, grab a catalog
and scan in what ever you want.

Otherwise, a simple set of 3-1/8 and 2-1/4 inch construction paper
circles would work. Write "AS" for airspeed, "ALT" for altimeter, and
"Christmas 2008" for the full color panel mounted GPS?

Watch out for dead space.
Things behind the panel that will get in the way.

Richard

Old January 28th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Another tool that might help with some of the layout stuff is
http://epanelbuilder.com

It's not full size (but I hear that's coming this week) but might be a
good early step if you haven't done it already.

Old January 30th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

"ccwillwerth" wrote in message
I am to the point that I must cut the holes in my panel. Does anyone know
of a source for full sized instrument faces in paper or something. I would
like them to place on the panel to have a full size view of the layout
before cutting. The layout could be shifted around until I find the best
layout for the panel.

Charlie

The Aircraft Spruce and Specialty catalog has them I think. And I mean in
the catalog that can be cut out or copied not something you have to order.

Old February 8th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I looked at this, and liked it, but it has a limited number of panels to
choose from, and the chances of the one I need being there (Mine is a
homebuilt) are slim. I saw no provisions for a user to enter their own
panel so as to lay out the instruments.

Charlie

Old February 9th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

I looked through my '05-'06 edition last night and couldn't find them
either. All I could find was one page with one drawing and dimensions. It
was in the instrument section.