Ren Yenc

Old September 4th 08, 07:27 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Default Ren Yenc

On Tue, 2 Sep 2008 00:25:51 +0200, "Herman"
wrote:

"HEMI-Powered" schreef in bericht
.. .
Martin Helms added these comments in the current discussion du
jour ...

This is exactly the same I am using, however, the problem with
the most recent YEnc posts lies within you last sentence, "so
long as the yEnc is written into the subject heading".
Unfortunately, the person posting it (oh so wiesly chosing
yEnc as a handle) ignored this most important rule about yEnc.

It is imparative the term is to be included in the subject
line so that either we can read the posts or others, who
simply do not wish to read yEn posts at all (for w/e reason)
can properly filter them.

Properly written apps will either automatically add "yEnc" to the
subject line or require the poster to add it.

Some folks really seem to be lacking certain manners... :/

What does using yEnc have to do with manners? This is much to do
about nothing and the entire debate is because the Luddites who
insist on using Outhouse Depressed instead of a real news reader
can't decode yEnc.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet

You are very proud of your wordplay, it appears, but this does not alter
the fact that many people use OE.
yEnc is a toy for people who insist on showing that they are clever.
Well, good for you. You are a clever boy, now go and do something useful,
like posting pictures as is. If you use a decent provider and connection
there is no need for these silly programs.

Which is easier? Get a new provider aor get a new newsreader?

Q: What's the difference between an Irish funeral and an Irish wedding?
A: One less drunk.
Old September 4th 08, 07:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 19:53:40 +0200, "Martin Helms"
wrote:

"Chris D" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. au...

"michael hoare" wrote in message
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the point
of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without downloading
some other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it ..what purpose
does it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view the pics i really
dont see the point of it all
Mick H

I don't like it either. But after missing heaps of posts, I gave up and
ended up downloading a small program from the sight attached below. It
creates a shortcut on the desk top called 'OeyEnc Loader' which opens
'Outlook Express' and allows it to read yEnc post so long as the yEnc is
written into the subject heading.

This is exactly the same I am using, however, the problem with the most
recent YEnc posts lies within you last sentence, "so long as the yEnc is
written into the subject heading".
Unfortunately, the person posting it (oh so wiesly chosing yEnc as a handle)
ignored this most important rule about yEnc.

It's not required at all. A decent newsreader will decode yenc
without the word in the subject.

It is imparative the term is to be included in the subject line so that
either we can read the posts or others, who simply do not wish to read yEn
posts at all (for w/e reason) can properly filter them.

Some folks really seem to be lacking certain manners... :/

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
Old September 5th 08, 06:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Thu, 04 Sep 2008 14:42:05 -0500, Sj wrote:

wrote:

"Chris D" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
m.au...

[...]

It was intended that way by the programmer who
'developed' yEnc, Juergen Helbing ... but not all
software's followed what he intended ...

If I ever post in yEnc, I'd look for software which
is compliant ... if it's still around ;-)

I do not believe in rules. It works for me without the rule, so
there!

"Americans will always do the right thing when they have exhausted all other alternatives." -- Winston Churchill
Old September 6th 08, 08:04 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Fri, 05 Sep 2008 14:08:27 -0500, Sj wrote:

wrote:

"Chris D" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
. com.au...

[...]

We know ;-)

But I think I'd try to follow the
programmer's wishes

It says in the manual for my Honda to avoid sharp turns at high speed.
I don't follow that either!

Love is complicated machinery.
But sometimes all you need is a good screw to fix it.
Old September 1st 08, 08:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
JRW

michael hoare wrote:
I dont care if its been said a thousand times i fail to see the
point of encrypting entries so that they cant be viewed without
downloading some other crap to view them ....whats the purpose of it
..what purpose does it serve besides ****ing off those who cant view
the pics i really dont see the point of it all
Mick H

Mike,

Their loss that you don't view them. I have the means to see all of them.
But I fully agree with you that they should consider others when posting.
Lots of folks are still on dial-up....money the economy or whatever.
These are the folks I feel for.
Some folks are not internet savvy and that's okay, but you and others
have made it to the newsgroups and I think that's great.
There is absolutely NO need for folks to invest in software or newsgroup
providers if their ISP carries newsgroups. I do however have XNEWS and
that's great for viewing and it's free.
I think the biggest gripe is that the power posters don't even include
an index. If they did then you could choose the photos that you wanted
to download.
Indexes are easy to make......it just boils down to lazyness. It's sad
that the time and effort that folks take to post the stuff and more than
half will not view them. Sad!
Now I'm sure that someone will come along and say tough. But that just
shows how selfish the person is. I know one that will bite on this post
in a milliesecond...lol

JRW
Old September 1st 08, 08:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
SKUNK WORKS

I JUST GIVE UP ON THEM IGNORE THEM AND MOVE ON AND DON'T WASTE MY TIME
DOWNLOADING THEM
**** THE DICKHEADS AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED
THIS CRAP HAS BEEN RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES AND ISN'T GOING TO GO AWAY SO STOP
WASTING TIME AND ENERGY TO **** AND MOAN ABOUT IT.
****EM AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED!!!!1

Old September 1st 08, 10:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Herman

"SKUNK WORKS" schreef in bericht
I JUST GIVE UP ON THEM IGNORE THEM AND MOVE ON AND DON'T WASTE MY TIME
DOWNLOADING THEM
**** THE DICKHEADS AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED
THIS CRAP HAS BEEN RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES AND ISN'T GOING TO GO AWAY SO
STOP WASTING TIME AND ENERGY TO **** AND MOAN ABOUT IT.
****EM AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED!!!!1

I don't much care what you think, but stop SHOUTING !
Ever heard of Netiquette?

Herman

Old September 4th 08, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 23:39:23 +0200, "Herman"
wrote:

"SKUNK WORKS" schreef in bericht
I JUST GIVE UP ON THEM IGNORE THEM AND MOVE ON AND DON'T WASTE MY TIME
DOWNLOADING THEM
**** THE DICKHEADS AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED
THIS CRAP HAS BEEN RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES AND ISN'T GOING TO GO AWAY SO
STOP WASTING TIME AND ENERGY TO **** AND MOAN ABOUT IT.
****EM AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED!!!!1

I don't much care what you think, but stop SHOUTING !
Ever heard of Netiquette?

Stop using silly words.

In 2005 eight Brits (All Scottish) cracked their skulls whilst throwing up into the toilet.
Old September 4th 08, 07:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Peter Hucker[_2_]

Speak up, I can't hear you.

On Mon, 1 Sep 2008 15:50:53 -0400, "SKUNK WORKS"
wrote:

I JUST GIVE UP ON THEM IGNORE THEM AND MOVE ON AND DON'T WASTE MY TIME
DOWNLOADING THEM
**** THE DICKHEADS AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED
THIS CRAP HAS BEEN RUN AROUND IN CIRCLES AND ISN'T GOING TO GO AWAY SO STOP
WASTING TIME AND ENERGY TO **** AND MOAN ABOUT IT.
****EM AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED!!!!1

"JRW" wrote in message
. ..
michael hoare wrote:
[...]

Her voice had that tense, grating quality, like a first-generation thermal paper fax machine that needed a band tightened.
Old September 1st 08, 10:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

JRW added these comments in the current discussion du jour ...

michael hoare wrote:
[...]

JRW, I suppose killfiling or filtering is an effective way to rid
oneself from yEnc and/or flooding, but whether the posts/day from
any given OP is a couple, a dozen or so, a few hundred, or
thousands, nobody is forced to look at them. Yes, it takes some
time to download the headers for things some presumeably don't
want but I think the number of dial-up users today vs. cable
broadband or DSL is small enough that large numbers of headers
shouldn't be a problem. And, in NGs that are very
active/prolific, especially those posting large attachments, yEnc
actually helps everyone but particularly the dial-up folk because
of it's very large reduction in as-posted size.

Personally, I post in Uuencode but I am not at all averse to
yEnc, largely because Xnews decodes both with ease and I'm not
even really aware of the encoding scheme except that it does say
"yEnc".