Photo ...(ORD) O'Hare at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon

Old September 8th 05, 11:10 PM
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Default Photo ...(ORD) O'Hare at 4:30pm on a Friday afternoon

Montblack wrote:
This was a neat pic. That's all :-)

From AvWeb today:
"Diamond Dropout Landing at ORD"
http://www.avweb.com/newspics/potw04_1136.jpg

T-34s. That's a fun airplane.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

VE

Old September 9th 05, 06:21 AM
Jack Allison

T-34s. That's a fun airplane.

When the wings stay on :-/

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL-IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old September 9th 05, 07:45 AM
Montblack

("Jack Allison" wrote)
T-34s. That's a fun airplane.

When the wings stay on :-/

Says the guy raining Piper oil doors down on the roof of the California
Crippled Children's Orphanage For the Blind.

Steve, another T-34 in the driveway needs some hinge work.
http://www.limalima.com/MartinAMOC2LQ.jpg

http://www.limalima.com/picture.htm
(photo page)

Montblack

Old September 9th 05, 06:15 PM
Steve Allison

Montblack wrote:

Says the guy raining Piper oil doors down on the roof of the California
Crippled Children's Orphanage For the Blind.

Oil door hinges are one thing, the ones holding a T-34 wing together are
quite another!!!

A few corrections: It would be "the guy raining Piper oil doors down on
the roof of the Nevada Crippled Children's Orphanage For the Blind,
located on the runway at Minden."

Steve
oil door repair guy
Old September 9th 05, 07:06 PM
Montblack

("Steve Allison" wrote)
Oil door hinges are one thing, the ones holding a T-34 wing together are
quite another!!!

A few corrections: It would be "the guy raining Piper oil doors down on
the roof of the Nevada Crippled Children's Orphanage For the Blind,
located on the runway at Minden."

Over state lines. Hmm, now she's a federal matter!

Did you approve of their wing spar solution in the photo?

http://www.limalima.com/picture.htm
click Picture of the Month
click Pictures of the Month Archives...
http://www.limalima.com/MartinAMOC2LQ.jpg

That is 100% what the door hinge looked like on the, um ...Adam A-700, A-500
or the HondJet at OSH??? Can't remember what one I saw it on now. It was in
AeroShell Square. One of those planes had a "pre-production" (the guy called
it) piece of 3/4" iron bolted to the side of the fuselage working the door.

It might as well have been an unpainted 2x4, it was that out of place ...but
I appreciate the effort - we'll deal with that later, let's get it to OSH!!

Anyone else see it on whatever plane?

Montblack

Old September 10th 05, 02:48 AM
Steve Allison

Montblack wrote:
Over state lines. Hmm, now she's a federal matter!

Aviation related......it was already a federal matter. :-)

Did you approve of their wing spar solution in the photo?
http://www.limalima.com/MartinAMOC2LQ.jpg

Looks like a field repair so the wings could be put on for static
display. Maybe the wing spar was cut to make the airframe could not be
flown again?

That is 100% what the door hinge looked like on the, um ...Adam A-700,
A-500 or the HondJet at OSH??? Can't remember what one I saw it on now.
It was in AeroShell Square. One of those planes had a "pre-production"
(the guy called it) piece of 3/4" iron bolted to the side of the
fuselage working the door.

It might as well have been an unpainted 2x4, it was that out of place
...but I appreciate the effort - we'll deal with that later, let's get
it to OSH!!

Anyone else see it on whatever plane?

Didn't see it at OSH, but I remember you telling us about it. You
should see what some of the homebuilts do to get there!

Steve
Old September 10th 05, 03:20 AM
George Patterson

Steve Allison wrote:

Did you approve of their wing spar solution in the photo?
http://www.limalima.com/MartinAMOC2LQ.jpg

Looks like a field repair so the wings could be put on for static
display. Maybe the wing spar was cut to make the airframe could not be
flown again?

Whatever it is, that's not a T-34. Looks more like an old Cougar or something
like it.

George Patterson
Old September 10th 05, 04:34 AM
Jack Allison

Montblack wrote:
("Jack Allison" wrote)

T-34s. That's a fun airplane.

When the wings stay on :-/

Says the guy raining Piper oil doors down on the roof of the California
Crippled Children's Orphanage For the Blind.

Geeze, a guy looses one teeny tiny Arrow oil door on a runway and it
sounds like some sort of TSA issue. I'll have you know I'm flight
testing a certain RV builder's riveting ability. Those rivets have
probably 70-75 hours on them and they're holding up just fine.

Steve, another T-34 in the driveway needs some hinge work.
http://www.limalima.com/MartinAMOC2LQ.jpg

Nice!...um...er...not!!!