A380 flew into Heathrow today

Old May 19th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default A380 flew into Heathrow today

B,

Ever see this?

No, I've never seen a link this long.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old May 19th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Bob,

Watching the rudder excursions (to the right limit stops?), I couldn't help
thinking of what happens to Airbuses that use too much rudder. Of course
the Jamaica, NY Airbus was going a lot faster. He was sure using a lot of
right rudder

You mean, watching those apples, you couldn't help thinking of oranges?

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old May 19th 06, 04:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

I wonder if Airbus has a "stretch" 380 in the playbook?

Yup.

My God, do we need an airliner with *more* than 800 seats?? That's
reportedly the capacity of the 380 with max density single-class
seating.

Old May 19th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Leonard Milcin Jr. wrote:

OMG! What the f*** is that! Flying hangar? Is it used to carry fresh air
to Japan or sth?
It looks more like Zeppelin to me than airplane... maybe in reality it's
some sort of baloon?

It's the world's smartest airplane, with a huge brain.

Airbus has a small fleet of them to ferry Airbus parts from factory to
factory.
Old May 19th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Leonard,

They fly over my hoemtown Hamburg quite a lot, ferrying Airbus parts.
They are based on the 300, I think.

These days, however, we see more and more acceptance flights of the
smaller Airbusses. Fun to watch in all those foreign colors. Not so
much fun to listen to, however, since one of the last check items is to
extend the RAT which can't be retracted in the air. Makes a lot of
noise, that little prop.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old May 19th 06, 05:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Kingfish,

That's
reportedly the capacity of the 380 with max density single-class
seating.

Which no one has ordered yet. Somewhere around 550 is the maximum.

Oh, and your comment (with a lower number) was kind of common when the
747 was launched. Funny, how people always react the same to anything
new...

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old May 19th 06, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message ...
Flav8R,

Since I fly for free I don't board planes with ugly flight Attendants
or ugly aircraft designs.

Then you obviously don't need to fly often.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Well you are right on that one.
Ever since the US flight Attendants (stewardesses) sued the
airlines for the weight restrictions there haven't been
very many slender ones. Now most look like they
would take your last cookie by force if need be.
I don't know if you have seen this video but I figure
you might enjoy it since it has to do with the A380.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...etpack&pl=true

Enjoy, David

Old May 19th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

"FLAV8R" wrote in message

Since I fly for free I don't board planes with ugly flight Attendants
or ugly aircraft designs.

Having flown for free for many years, I have a difficult time believing
this.

"The attendants are ugly. I think I'll go sit in the terminal for another
few hours and see if the next batch are better.
....oh, wait. It's a 737. Ew. I think I'll pick a different flight...."

-c

Old May 19th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Which no one has ordered yet. Somewhere around 550 is the maximum

IIRC the A380 was certified during the 90 second aircraft exit trials
for 800 pax

Funny, how people always react the same to anything new...

Now Thomas, no need to be smug... Even if no airline orders the 800-pax
version (with comfy cattle-car seating) the idea of a stretched A380
seems absurd for an aircraft that already has a huge seating capacity

Old May 19th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

FLAV8R skrev:
"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message ...
Flav8R,

Since I fly for free I don't board planes with ugly flight Attendants
or ugly aircraft designs.

Then you obviously don't need to fly often.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Well you are right on that one.
Ever since the US flight Attendants (stewardesses) sued the
airlines for the weight restrictions there haven't been
very many slender ones. Now most look like they
would take your last cookie by force if need be.

Shame on you. Are you looking like James Bond or what?

Leonard

A380 evacuation test Chris Piloting 0 March 29th 06 07:31 PM
18 Oct 2005 - Today’s Military, Veteran, War and National Security News Otis Willie Naval Aviation 0 October 19th 05 02:19 AM
Today, I became a pilot... Jase Vanover Piloting 8 August 8th 05 03:14 PM
Airbus A380 water purification john smith Piloting 1 July 7th 05 02:50 AM
"Target for Today" & "Thunderbolt" WWII Double Feature at Zeno'sDrive-In Zeno Aerobatics 0 August 2nd 03 07:31 PM