A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Wings and Wheels

Old October 30th 14, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Delp
external usenet poster

Default Wings and Wheels

Just went to do my daily window shopping trip through the W & W classifieds. I love the new site. It seems like a great improvement so far. Now back to my search.
Old October 31st 14, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
ND
external usenet poster

Default Wings and Wheels

On Thursday, October 30, 2014 4:14:29 PM UTC-4, Greg Delp wrote:
Just went to do my daily window shopping trip through the W & W classifieds. I love the new site. It seems like a great improvement so far. Now back to my search.

the only thing i can see, is that in the classified section, the botton to go to the next page is at the to, so you have to scroll back up. it would be nice to have that at the bottom, so that when you get to the bottom of the page, you clickthe link for the next page w/o having to scroll back up.
Old October 31st 14, 07:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Franke
external usenet poster

Default Wings and Wheels

On Friday, October 31, 2014 11:13:56 AM UTC-7, ND wrote:

the only thing i can see, is that in the classified section, the botton to go to the next page is at the to, so you have to scroll back up. it would be nice to have that at the bottom, so that when you get to the bottom of the page, you clickthe link for the next page w/o having to scroll back up.

Good suggestion. The web developers are working bottom navigation.

Sean Franke
Wings & Wheels
Old November 11th 14, 04:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Wings and Wheels

On Friday, October 31, 2014 1:07:44 PM UTC-6, Sean Franke wrote:
On Friday, October 31, 2014 11:13:56 AM UTC-7, ND wrote:

Good suggestion. The web developers are working bottom navigation.

Sean Franke

Wings & Wheels

I haven't found the "recently sold" section in the new website. Have you discontinued it or have I just overlooked it?
Old November 11th 14, 07:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Wings and Wheels

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 11:05:18 AM UTC-5, wrote:

I haven't found the "recently sold" section in the new website. Have you discontinued it or have I just overlooked it?

I was looking for that as well.

I find the new format to be less efficient. It takes a lot longer to get the same information. One of the great things about the old format was that you could scroll through lots of ads quickly and have all the information as to price, condition, equipment, location in the country, who the seller is without having to click a bunch of links and go to different windows. It now takes substantially longer.

There is an option to increase the number of ads per page, but it doesn't work. Even if it did, you still have to click on the picture to get any details and then do the math to get the seller information and possible location. Pictures are nice, but I would like to have more information than just the price available without having to click a link.
Old November 11th 14, 08:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Franke
external usenet poster

Default Wings and Wheels

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 11:17:39 AM UTC-8, wrote:

I find the new format to be less efficient. It takes a lot longer to get the same information. One of the great things about the old format was that you could scroll through lots of ads quickly and have all the information as to price, condition, equipment, location in the country, who the seller is without having to click a bunch of links and go to different windows. It now takes substantially longer.

There is an option to increase the number of ads per page, but it doesn't work. Even if it did, you still have to click on the picture to get any details and then do the math to get the seller information and possible location. Pictures are nice, but I would like to have more information than just the price available without having to click a link.

Developing a full classified section with seller login, multiple pictures, automated notifications, expanded detailed description, standard formatted fields and more takes careful planning......we have been planning. The current version isn't our end plan, only part of the initial website launch.

Recently sold wasn't overlooked but not included. We can add the page if enough people want it back.

It's important to hide seller information from bots that crawl the web searching for someone to scam or spam. Doing the math is one way to protect information.

Sean Franke
Wings & Wheels
Old November 11th 14, 08:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston
external usenet poster

Default Wings and Wheels

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 12:19:45 PM UTC-8, Sean Franke wrote:

I find the new format to be less efficient. It takes a lot longer to get the same information. One of the great things about the old format was that you could scroll through lots of ads quickly and have all the information as to price, condition, equipment, location in the country, who the seller is without having to click a bunch of links and go to different windows.. It now takes substantially longer.

Developing a full classified section with seller login, multiple pictures, automated notifications, expanded detailed description, standard formatted fields and more takes careful planning......we have been planning. The current version isn't our end plan, only part of the initial website launch.

Recently sold wasn't overlooked but not included. We can add the page if enough people want it back.

It's important to hide seller information from bots that crawl the web searching for someone to scam or spam. Doing the math is one way to protect information.

Sean Franke
Wings & Wheels

I liked the recently sold section and would love to see it back.

Thanks,
Craig 7Q
Old November 11th 14, 08:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler
external usenet poster

Default Wings and Wheels

You could start a crowdfunding campaign to help fund the now missing recently sold section?

We really need this information handy. In all seriousness, it was a useful history for many of us.

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:19:45 PM UTC-5, Sean Franke wrote:

I find the new format to be less efficient. It takes a lot longer to get the same information. One of the great things about the old format was that you could scroll through lots of ads quickly and have all the information as to price, condition, equipment, location in the country, who the seller is without having to click a bunch of links and go to different windows.. It now takes substantially longer.

Sean Franke
Wings & Wheels

Old November 11th 14, 09:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou
external usenet poster

Default Wings and Wheels

What Craig and Sean said.

The "Recently Sold" section is quite valuable to someone who is just starting their journey with SAS (Sailplane Acquisition Syndrome).

Lou
Old November 11th 14, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

Default Wings and Wheels

On Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:19:45 PM UTC-5, Sean Franke wrote:

Sean Franke
Wings & Wheels

Yes we want it