Need details on a Challenger 602

Old November 30th 04, 12:12 AM
the OTHER Bob Moore

Bob...next time you log-on with a question, could you
perhaps choose another name? I got here first,and
seniority does have its priviledges you know. :-)
I certainly wouldn't want the others in the group to
think that I don't know what Challenger 602 Is. :-)

Bob Moore (The real one :-))

Yo Bob,

I'll promised not to post here anymore using just the ID--"Bob Moore" if you
promise not call the station as me, and turn your aircraft in to the station
stating "the CL-600 is a type of Gulfstream, like all the other idiots in
the biz."

Old December 2nd 04, 12:55 PM
tscottme

"Bob Moore" wrote in message
.. .
Thanks Karl,

If one tries typing in the aircraft in doubt, there are quite a few hits
that infer a LEAR, a Cessna, and as the media has called it, wrongly, a
Gulfstream. Just needed to be correct with the facts. Even the
company's home base was stated to be NJ, when in fact it is CA.

Thanks for the clarification---

If you expect the mainstream media to get anything more specific than the
correct name of the celebrity most closely related to any aircraft accident
story you will be sorely disappointed.

For airplane stories try avweb.com, aviationnow.com and other sites with an
aviation background. The mainstream press is nearly useless when reporting
on aviation stories, in my opinion.

--

Scott

"Arafat remains in stable condition after dying in a Paris hospital."

Old December 6th 04, 08:28 PM

Company name is Bombardier. http://www.bombardier.com/index.jsp They
now own Lear.
--
Gene Seibel
Gene & Sue's Aeroplanes - http://pad39a.com/gene/planes.html

Bob Moore wrote:
Thanks Karl,

If one tries typing in the aircraft in doubt, there are quite a few

hits
that infer a LEAR, a Cessna, and as the media has called it,

wrongly, a
Gulfstream. Just needed to be correct with the facts. Even the
company's home base was stated to be NJ, when in fact it is CA.

Thanks for the clarification---

The Challenger CL600 series twin jets are made by Canadair. They

are large
corporate intercontental jets usually with a seating of 10-12 with

a stand
up cabin and potty. They are larger than most common 30 series

Lears and
500
series Citations. Sorry if the next doesn't format.

CANADAIR CL601 CHALLENGER
Engine: GE CF34-1A 75% Cruise: 443 kts Wingspan: 61.83 ft
Length: 68.33 ft
Rec'md TBO: 4000 hrs Range: 3391 nm Height: 20.67 ft
Srv Ceiling: 41000 ft Empty Wt: 19950 lbs
Single Eng Srv Ceiling: 24000 ft Gross Wt: 43250 lbs
Max Fuel: 2496 gal Rate of Climb: 4200 ft/min
Single Eng ROC: 1048 ft/min
Takeoff (over 50 ft obstacle): 5400 ft
Landing (over 50 ft obstacle): 3300 ft

Karl
ATP BE30, CE-500, LR-JET, DA-50

TACAIR Integration - any details, or speculations only? [email protected] Naval Aviation 0 November 22nd 04 12:46 PM
Southend airshow details Nick Piloting 1 May 29th 04 02:21 AM
Oshkosh Rec.Aviation Get-together details... Jay Honeck Owning 2 August 3rd 03 04:31 PM
Oshkosh Rec.Aviation Get-together details... Jay Honeck Piloting 2 August 3rd 03 04:31 PM
Ignoring the Challenger? robert arndt Military Aviation 0 July 1st 03 10:24 AM