NTSB crash report, autopsy report- Stevie Ray Vaughan

Old December 4th 10, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark.

Default NTSB crash report, autopsy report- Stevie Ray Vaughan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevie_Ray_Vaughan
"On February 22, 2000, Vaughan was inducted into the Blues Hall of
Fame in Washington, D.C., becoming one of just 79 performers to
achieve such distinction.[6] He also won several W. C. Handy Awards,
during his lifetime and posthumously, including Entertainer of the
Year and Instrumentalist of the Year in 1984.[7] In 2003, he was
ranked #7 in Rolling Stone's list of the 100 Greatest Guitarists of
All Time.[8] Classic Rock Magazine ranked him #3 in their list of the
100 Wildest Guitar Heroes in 2007.[9]"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQsqR...eature=related
"Leave my little girl alone"

http://www.death2ur.com/Stevie-Ray-V...Crash-Site.htm
"FOUR HELICOPTERS WERE BEING USED AT NIGHT TO TRANSPORT A CONCERT
GROUP FROM A GOLF COURSE AREA NEAR ELKHORN, WI, TO CHICAGO, IL. AS THE
THIRD HELICOPTER (N16933) WAS DEPARTING..."

---
Mark IV
Old December 4th 10, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

That concert was a two night double-header. My wife and I attended
the first one.

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, and Robert Cray, were all on the same
stage. They played sequentially, and then together. We had 7th row,
center, seats, and could see every drop of sweat on their faces. It
was AMAZING.

Clapton watched Vaughn play for a while, and then tried to answer. As
great as Clapton is/was, he couldn't. No one could. No one could
possibly play like Stevie Ray Vaughn -- and yet he did, and both
Clapton and Cray sounded lame by comparison. Vaughn was at the top
of his form, absolutely smoking.

At the end of that song, Clapton turned to Vaughn, then to the crowd,
pointed, and introduced Stevie Ray as the "greatest blues guitarist in
the world, bar none". And he was.

RIP, Stevie Ray. The night we were at Alpine Valley is was so foggy
we could not find our car.
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Old December 8th 10, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Alpha Propellerhead

That concert was a two night double-header. *My wife and I attended
the first one.

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, and Robert Cray, were all on the same
stage. *

I'd stopped listening to the blues and given the whole genre up as
completely recycled 1-4-5 cliche nonsense...

....until I saw the video of SRV playing "Little Wing" live in Memphis.
Having played guitar for over 20 years, that still just knocks me
out. The tired, cliche stuff they played on the radio never did him
justice.

Buddy Holly, Van Zant, Randy Rhoads, SRV... I liked what Dennis
Leary said: Why can't it ever be a planeload of heroin junkies and
Motley Crue types who are all going to die or kill somebody else
anyway?
Old December 9th 10, 04:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mark.

On Dec 8, 3:46*pm, Alpha Propellerhead wrote:
That concert was a two night double-header. *My wife and I attended
the first one.

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Eric Clapton, and Robert Cray, were all on the same
stage. *

I'd stopped listening to the blues and given the whole genre up as
completely recycled 1-4-5 cliche nonsense...

...until I saw the video of SRV playing "Little Wing" live in Memphis.
Having played guitar for over 20 years, that still just knocks me
out. *The tired, cliche stuff they played on the radio never did him
justice.

Buddy Holly, Van Zant, Randy Rhoads, SRV... * I liked what Dennis
Leary said: *Why can't it ever be a planeload of heroin junkies and
Motley Crue types who are all going to die or kill somebody else
anyway?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAG-kX_IlUw

---
Mark IV
Old December 9th 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
R. Andrew Boyer

On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 07:25:05 -0800 (PST), Mark. wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0292ZQgmxqI

---
Mark IV

WTF?
--
ab
Andy
Old March 22nd 20, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Saturday, December 4, 2010 at 6:01:43 AM UTC-6, Mark IV wrote:
[...]

I was at the sunday nite show with my fiancé, we stayed at the resort that night which gives you access to the backstage area before and after the show with your room key and ticket stub. so after the show we decided to hang out a bit to see what we could see, the fog ceiling was so low and thick that when a man came out and yelled "everybody has got to move the choppers are almost here" I looked at my fiancé and said "you got to be kidding me they are flying in this" and low and behold you could here them coming all 4 of them landed and shut engines down, then we sat down on the grass and waited for Stevie to come out, it was not a short wait, the show itself was over before midnight,and I'd say the choppers took off a little before 1am I think stevie was in the 3rd chopper to take off, I still could not believe they were flying that night??? so we walked up the golf cart path to the resort,and turned in for the night, little did we know that Stevie had crashed into the ski hill behind the resort and bled out before we even fell asleep,WOW!!! I was standing right there when they took off didn'nt hear a thing no explosions no fire.When we got up in the morning we went downstairs to have breakfast I'd say between 9 and 10 the restaurant was packed so we hit the road back to Chicago,on the way out we thought it odd that there were so many sattelie news trucks parked all over the roads leading out, we left anyway. I decided to call my mom on my new truck cell phone and she asked if we were at the Eric Clapton concert last night, I said yes, she proceeded to tell me that one of the choppers crashed into the ski hill right behind the stage, at first I believe they were saying that Clapton died and later changed it to SRV I was floored and mad that they were even flying that night!!! so come to find out that they were flying VFR and not instrument flying I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYBODY SAYS THERE WAS NO WAY TO FLY THAT NIGHT!!!! VFR (visual flight rules) the fog ceiling at 12:45am that night was at the most 30' to 40' max, I believe they all had a case of "get there itis" that night wanting to get back to Buddy Guys bar and because of that we lost SRV forever pretty sad!! so now it's 30 yrs later and there still is no one who can play a guitar like him that have I have heard ever!! So I say to all SRV fans make the pilgrimage on aug 26 this summer 30yrs gone by, and I will see you there, this is the real story I was there. Thanks for listening. Johnny "B" now living in Lake Geneva Thanks