Run up for plug clearing

Old October 9th 04, 07:48 PM
Peter Duniho

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message
As a M$ programmer, you are about as friendly as the tools written by
M$. :-(

Friendly? What do you about friendliness in general? And more importantly,
what do you know about MY friendliness specifically? Nothing, that's what.
(By the way, I have not worked at Microsoft for years).

In any case, everything I wrote about Outlook Express is true. I don't know
what Roger's problem is, but it has nothing to do with what you can and
cannot do in Outlook Express.

I'll say this much for you...you certainly don't miss a chance to express
your anti-Microsoft religious views. What was that they said about
consistency and little minds?

Old October 9th 04, 07:51 PM
C Kingsbury

Some more chow for thinkin'...

I've gotten plug fouling a couple of times on my C-172N, and cleared it with
a runup to 2000 and 30-60 seconds of lean-off, with the point of leaning
being "when the engine starts getting rough, and then a little more." We
have a single-probe EGT and I watch it and it rises but rarely above what
you'd see at cruise. Of course, a single-probe EGT doesn't tell you all that
much, either.

A few weeks ago, this procedure failed to clear a 200RPM dropoff, so I
aborted and taxied back. The problem turned out to be a failed ignition
lead.

We've also got one cylinder with passable but low compression (63/80) which
we suspect is a valve problem. If there's some blow-by going on here that
could easily provoke the plug fouling which has been happening more
regularly. We still get good static and cruise RPM and the engine seems
smooth overall but we are keeping a closer eye on it.

Also, as someone else here mentioned, prop dinging is an issue anytime you
run things up. We normally runup to 1800 for the mag check.

Best,
-cwk.

Old October 9th 04, 08:25 PM
Roger Long

"Peter Duniho" wrote in message

I use Outlook Express, and my "Send" button is nowhere near my "Reply
Group" button. They aren't even on the same window.

No, but after you click "Reply" the next window comes up with the "Send"
button at the same place on the screen. If you double click, it sends the
reply before you add anything to it.

I used to be able to drag click the buttons around so I just moved "Send" to
a different location. That doesn't work since I went to XP. However, I now
see that there is a window to customize toolbars. I can probably fix it
with that.

--

Roger Long

Old October 9th 04, 09:13 PM
Thomas Borchert

Peter,

Larry's well-known anti-Microsoft religious bias notwithstanding,

I'm known as much non-anti-Microsoft as they come, but with regard to
Outlook Express as a newsreader, Larry's right on. It just plain s*cks.

--
Thomas Borchert (EDDH)

Old October 10th 04, 01:29 AM
Peter Duniho

"Roger Long" wrote in message
. ..
No, but after you click "Reply" the next window comes up with the "Send"
button at the same place on the screen. If you double click, it sends the
reply before you add anything to it.

So move the window. Geez. No one is forcing you to leave the window in
such a precarious position.

I used to be able to drag click the buttons around so I just moved "Send"
to a different location. That doesn't work since I went to XP. However,
I now see that there is a window to customize toolbars. I can probably
fix it with that.

All you've ever had to do is right-click on the toolbar and choose the
"Customize" option. XP or otherwise.

Pete

Old October 10th 04, 01:34 AM
Peter Duniho

"Thomas Borchert" wrote in message
I'm known as much non-anti-Microsoft as they come, but with regard to
Outlook Express as a newsreader, Larry's right on. It just plain s*cks.

No. Your opinion is that it sucks. But thankfully, your opinion is not the
written Gospel. It takes a real idiot to think that they are the absolute
truth in what does or does not suck.

I've used a half-dozen different newsreaders over the years. If OE really
did suck, I guarantee you that I wouldn't be using it right now.

You, and everyone else that dislikes OE, are free to their opinion. But
don't expect to say something stupid like stating your opinion as an
absolute truth without the idiocy of doing so being pointed out to you.

Frankly, what I really don't understand is why someone that doesn't like OE
would keep using it. At least you and Larry find alternatives that suit you
better.

Pete