See You Mobile Declared Task Pilot Name

Old May 9th 13, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wade

Default See You Mobile Declared Task Pilot Name

As far as I know you cannot change the pilot name from the name that see you mobile is registered to. I will eventually buy my own copy of see you mobile but for right now I am a youngster who is very fortunate to have someone who is willing to let me borrow their airplane and instruments in that airplane to chase my first badge.

Thanks
Wade

On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:20:23 AM UTC-7, John Galloway wrote:
At 05:58 07 May 2013, Wade wrote:

If see you mobile was registered to someone else and they

are letting you

borrow their PDA for a badge flight, the name attached to

the

registration

is what gets declared to any other devices linked up

(Cambridge 302 for

example).

I can enter a separate pilot in the Cambridge 302/303 but I

don't want a

task declared through to the 302/303 with a different name

from see you

mobile. Does anyone know a good solution to this one?

Thanks

Wade

I'm going to stick my neck out and say that your initial premise

that it is the registered SYM name that is sent to the logger with

the declaration is wrong. Copied and pasted from the SYM

manual section on task declaration:

"After the communication is established, the following data is

transferred automatically

to the flight recorder:

Declared task in SeeYou Mobile which you have entered in

Menu Task

Glider information which is entered in Menu Settings Polar

(glider type) and Menu Settings Log

(glider registration)

Pilot name as entered in Menu Settings Log"

So, if the manual is correct, all you should have to do is alter

the pilot details to your own in Menu/Settings/Log for your

badge flight and remember to change them back to the owner's

when you return the PDA.

John Galloway

Old May 9th 13, 10:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Hill[_3_]

On 09/05/2013 06:03, Wade wrote:
As far as I know you cannot change the pilot name from the name that see you mobile is registered to.
I will eventually buy my own copy of see you mobile but for right now I am a youngster who is very
fortunate to have someone who is willing to let me borrow their

airplane and instruments in that airplane to chase my first badge.

Thanks
Wade

If you use ConnectMe I believe you can change the name. It uses
the same files as SYM on the PDA, just a few more steps to do
it this way.

--

Nick Hill
Old May 9th 13, 11:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

Have you tried following the instructions in the manual to
change the pilot name, glider details and polar - then exit and
save the profile? My registered SYM is happy to accept Mickey
Mouse being named as the pilot - it just adds another name to
the drop down list in Menu/Settings/Log.

wrote:
At 05:58 07 May 2013, Wade wrote:

=20
If see you mobile was registered to someone else and

they=20
=20
are letting you
=20
borrow their PDA for a badge flight, the name attached

to=20
=20
the
=20
registration

=20
is what gets declared to any other devices linked up=20

=20
(Cambridge 302 for
=20
example).

=20

=20
I can enter a separate pilot in the Cambridge 302/303

but I=20
=20
don't want a
=20
task declared through to the 302/303 with a different

name=20
=20
from see you
=20
mobile. Does anyone know a good solution to this one?

=20

=20
Thanks

=20
Wade

=20
=20

=20

=20
I'm going to stick my neck out and say that your initial

premise=20
=20
that it is the registered SYM name that is sent to the logger

with=20
=20
the declaration is wrong. Copied and pasted from the

SYM=20
=20
manual section on task declaration:
=20
=20
=20
"After the communication is established, the following data

is=20
=20
transferred automatically
=20
to the flight recorder:
=20
Declared task in SeeYou Mobile which you have entered

in=20
=20
Menu Task
=20
Glider information which is entered in Menu Settings

Polar=20
=20
(glider type) and Menu Settings Log
=20
(glider registration)
=20
Pilot name as entered in Menu Settings Log"
=20
=20
=20
So, if the manual is correct, all you should have to do is

alter=20
=20
the pilot details to your own in Menu/Settings/Log for

your=20
=20
badge flight and remember to change them back to the

owner's=20
=20
when you return the PDA.
=20
=20
=20
John Galloway

Old May 9th 13, 12:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi John,

Wade is correct. In some versions of SeeYou Mobile, for licensing reasons,
the pilot name field in the Log screen can't be changed from the name on the
license. That is done in versions that are licensed to a pilot name in
recent years. Unfortunately, in some parts of the world, many glider pilots
share their software licenses. This is Naviter's way of blocking that. It
makes sense to me. But it is a bummer in this situation.

Oudie owners don't have that issue because the license is tied to the serial
number of the Oudie.

Is there any chance Wade can get the glider owner to buy an Oudie? : ) It
would work fine for him then. If not, then I recommend sending an email to
Naviter explaining the situation. They may be able to help. Or, better
yet, post the question on their support forum.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old May 9th 13, 02:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Thursday, May 9, 2013 6:32:59 AM UTC-5, Paul Remde wrote:
Hi John, Wade is correct. In some versions of SeeYou Mobile, for licensing reasons, the pilot name field in the Log screen can't be changed from the name on the license. That is done in versions that are licensed to a pilot name in recent years. Unfortunately, in some parts of the world, many glider pilots share their software licenses. This is Naviter's way of blocking that. It makes sense to me. But it is a bummer in this situation. Oudie owners don't have that issue because the license is tied to the serial number of the Oudie. Is there any chance Wade can get the glider owner to buy an Oudie? : ) It would work fine for him then. If not, then I recommend sending an email to Naviter explaining the situation. They may be able to help. Or, better yet, post the question on their support forum. Best Regards, Paul Remde Cumulus Soaring, Inc. ______________________________ "John Galloway" wrote in message ... Have you tried following the instructions in the manual to change the pilot name, glider details and polar - then exit and save the profile? My registered SYM is happy to accept Mickey Mouse being named as the pilot - it just adds another name to the drop down list in Menu/Settings/Log. At 05:03 09 May 2013, Wade wrote: As far as I know you cannot change the pilot name from the name that see yo= u mobile is registered to. I will eventually buy my own copy of see you mob= ile but for right now I am a youngster who is very fortunate to have someon= e who is willing to let me borrow their airplane and instruments in that ai= rplane to chase my first badge. Thanks Wade On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 9:20:23 AM UTC-7, John Galloway wrote: At 05:58 07 May 2013, Wade wrote: =20 If see you mobile was registered to someone else and they=20 =20 are letting you =20 borrow their PDA for a badge flight, the name attached to=20 =20 the =20 registration =20 is what gets declared to any other devices linked up=20 =20 (Cambridge 302 for =20 example). =20 =20 I can enter a separate pilot in the Cambridge 302/303 but I=20 =20 don't want a =20 task declared through to the 302/303 with a different name=20 =20 from see you =20 mobile. Does anyone know a good solution to this one? =20 =20 Thanks =20 Wade =20 =20 =20 =20 I'm going to stick my neck out and say that your initial premise=20 =20 that it is the registered SYM name that is sent to the logger with=20 =20 the declaration is wrong. Copied and pasted from the SYM=20 =20 manual section on task declaration: =20 =20 =20 "After the communication is established, the following data is=20 =20 transferred automatically =20 to the flight recorder: =20 Declared task in SeeYou Mobile which you have entered in=20 =20 Menu Task =20 Glider information which is entered in Menu Settings Polar=20 =20 (glider type) and Menu Settings Log =20 (glider registration) =20 Pilot name as entered in Menu Settings Log" =20 =20 =20 So, if the manual is correct, all you should have to do is alter=20 =20 the pilot details to your own in Menu/Settings/Log for your=20 =20 badge flight and remember to change them back to the owner's=20 =20 when you return the PDA. =20 =20 =20 John Galloway

wow in that case i say "LONG LIVE THE WRITTEN DECLARATION"

I always do a written declaration. Belts and Suspenders. There is a reason the SSA Badge and Record guide recommends a written declaration, they have had to reject to many claims based on messed up electronic declarations! I understand that the Sporting Code has been updated to provide some relief, in that the OO can now certify that the person flying was really the person flying even if the declaration says otherwise.