"bush flying" in the suburbs?

Old December 14th 04, 04:15 PM

Cub Driver wrote:

As posted, we landed on private land. It's possible that these

private
runways were approved by some authority or other.

One such could have been a farmer's field. The others were regularly
used by their owners as runways, including a strip on a fairly steep
hill.

They might have fallen under the exception(s) alluded to in the
statute:

"except as provided for by the provisions of this
chapter and the rules, regulations and orders adopted
pursuant to this chapter, "
Does anyone know where to look for those?

--

FF

Old December 14th 04, 05:49 PM
Rich S.

wrote in message
ups.com...
They might have fallen under the exception(s) alluded to in the
statute:

"except as provided for by the provisions of this
chapter and the rules, regulations and orders adopted
pursuant to this chapter, "
Does anyone know where to look for those?

Sorry. This was undoubtedly written by lawyers - one of whom you must now
pay to interpret.

Rich S.

Old December 14th 04, 06:23 PM
jls

"Rich S." wrote in message
wrote in message
ups.com...
They might have fallen under the exception(s) alluded to in the
statute:

"except as provided for by the provisions of this
chapter and the rules, regulations and orders adopted
pursuant to this chapter, "
Does anyone know where to look for those?

Sorry. This was undoubtedly written by lawyers - one of whom you must now
pay to interpret.

Rich S.

Well, Richie-Pooh, is suffering from the dark negativism of hysterical
melancholia today, so I'll tell you how to find them. You get the book of
statutes and look at the whole chapter, which will be indexed. A statute
will often refer to another statute and so on, so you read all of them until
you get a general understanding of the legislative policy of that state on
the specific topic you're interested in. Many non-lawyers read and
understand statutes as well as or better than lawyers do. There will also
be references to judicial opinions, attorney general opinions, and
administrative rules on the pages following the statutes you are looking at.
This is true with regard to the statutes in any state I'm familiar with.
If you can't find those statutes on the net, go to a law library. At the
University of Tennessee College of Law library in Knoxville the last I
looked there were codes of laws of just about every state in the USA, in
bound volumes.

Old December 14th 04, 06:39 PM
jls

wrote in message
ups.com...

Cub Driver wrote:

As posted, we landed on private land. It's possible that these

private
runways were approved by some authority or other.

One such could have been a farmer's field. The others were regularly
used by their owners as runways, including a strip on a fairly steep
hill.

They might have fallen under the exception(s) alluded to in the
statute:

"except as provided for by the provisions of this
chapter and the rules, regulations and orders adopted
pursuant to this chapter, "
Does anyone know where to look for those?

--

FF

Which state? For the state you're interested in, start with a net search
using Google. Plug in "north carolina statutes" for example, or "new
jersey statutes."

Old December 14th 04, 07:21 PM
zatatime

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:40:30 -0500, Cub Driver
wrote:

All I know is that I landed on runways that weren't public-use
airfields. They weren't pastures, if that's what you mean.

That's what I mean.

One of them
had a hangar and a windsock and a mowed strip; I believe that that was
a public-use airfield in the process of going private.

If it was near Andover it will stay public. Loong sorrowful story on
that one, I worked there for about 10 years. Good news is the town
bought it. Bad news is the town doesn't know what to do with it.
Buildings need some repair, but a flight operation and maintenance
shop (which used to thrive there) would be enough to get it going
again. We're working on getting through.

The others were
more basic, but all were mowed and clearly visible as runways from the
air, and were used regularly by their owners and their friends.

Thanks. You've outlined Private/Public strips. I was wondering about
the pasture aspect of it.

Old December 29th 04, 12:04 AM
Dana M. Hague

On Tue, 14 Dec 2004 07:42:39 -0500, Cub Driver
wrote:

...Friend of a
friend landed there when he had engine trouble. He was required to
dissasemble the aircraft and truck it out of there; wasn't permitted
to take off.

Yeah, they told me the same... but when I went down later in the
evening to "check on the plane" there was nobody around, and I figured
(correctly, but barely) that it would be easier to beg forgiveness
than get permission...

On a related note while we're discussing NJ statutes, does anybody
know what the legality is of ultralight operations off other than
approved airfields?

-Dana
If replying by email, please make the obvious changes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Come to think of it, there already are a million monkeys at a million typewriters, and the Internet is _NOTHING_ like Shakespeare!

Bush's guard record JDKAHN Home Built 13 October 3rd 04 09:38 PM
Bush shot JFK over what he did to Barbara Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Home Built 2 August 30th 04 03:28 AM
"W" is JFK's son and Bush revenge killed Kennedy in 1963 Ross C. Bubba Nicholson Aerobatics 0 August 28th 04 11:28 AM
Bush Pilots Fly-In. South Africa. Bush Air Home Built 0 May 25th 04 06:18 AM