Oudie wiring to SN10

Old April 1st 11, 07:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Default Oudie wiring to SN10

Later today or tomorrow I'm going to be searching the 'Net for a how-
to on this, but until then if anyone has a link to help with, I'll
check here first.

Advance thanks

ted/2N7O
Old April 1st 11, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Ted,

The Oudie's power/data cable is supplied with an RJ45 to DB-9m adapter which
can be configured for connection to our standard Goddard SN10/PDA wiring
harnesses. I would setup the adapter exactly the same as if it was being
connected to a Cambridge 302 or Goddard PS-5a power converter. You can see
the connections for that he
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/seeyo...udie-Cable-Kit

I sell standard wiring harnesses for the SN10 for several GPS types - with
PDA connections.
http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/goddard.htm

If you want to modify your existing wiring harness, you'll need the SN10
manual - which is available he
http://www.ilec-gmbh.com/manuals.htm

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 2nd 11, 12:29 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan[_6_]

"Tuno" wrote in message

Later today or tomorrow I'm going to be searching the 'Net for a how-
to on this, but until then if anyone has a link to help with, I'll
check here first.

Advance thanks

ted/2N7O- Hide quoted text -

what are the advantages to conneting an SN-10b to an Oudie?
I have both but kept my Volkslogger connected to the SN-10b and run
the Oudie by itself, just replaced the iPAQ.
It was very easy to pick up the power for the Oudie from the VL power
source.
Can't wait to use the Oudie in my glider, it works great in my
powerplane.

Dan
WO
Old April 2nd 11, 03:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Thanks Paul, but I already seem to have all the cables, kibbles & bits
I need; I just can't find any instructions that are specific to the
SN10.

(The Oudie manual makes no mention of the SN10.)

I can resort to lining up the Oudie pin-out description with the
corresponding section of the SN10 manual, but I was hoping for a more
explicit how-to.

tuN7o
Old April 2nd 11, 05:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

Oudie RJ45 5 (Red) to DB9 2
Oudie RJ45 6 (Black) to DB9 3
Oudie RJ45 7 (Orange) to DB9 5

Works like a champ, once I figgered out how to tell the SN10 that
there's a PDA connected.

It was slightly ambiguous in the Oudie manual but the 20 cm extension
cable is optional. (The "it must be used" did throw me off shortly.)

Next challenge: how to put an LS-8 canopy back on without buying a new
one ...

tuN7o
Old April 2nd 11, 05:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Dan,

The advantage to connecting the Oudie to the SN10 is that the SN10 (assuming
it has somewhat current software) can send vario and wind data to the Oudie.
The Oudie's "Thermal Assistant" really only works well with real-time vario
data. And since the SN10 has airspeed sensors and GPS data, it can
calculate accurate wind speed and direction when cruising - not just when
circling as the Oudie can do with GPS data alone. Being able to calculate
the wind while cruising is very important when ridge or wave flying.

If you also connect the Oudie to the VL, then you can have the Oudie send
official task declarations to the VL and you can download secure flight logs
from the VL.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old April 3rd 11, 05:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Naviter Info

Added "SN10" to the Oudie manual. Thanks!

Andrej Kolar
--
glider pilots use
http://www.Naviter.com

Old April 3rd 11, 05:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Apr 3, 12:42*am, Naviter Info wrote:
Added "SN10" to the Oudie manual. Thanks!

Andrej Kolar

Thanks Andrej !
See ya, Dave "YO electric"
Old April 3rd 11, 07:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
William Elliott

"Tuno" wrote in message

Later today or tomorrow I'm going to be searching the 'Net for a how-
to on this, but until then if anyone has a link to help with, I'll
check here first.

Advance thanks

ted/2N7O- Hide quoted text -

what are the advantages to conneting an SN-10b to an Oudie?
I have both but kept my Volkslogger connected to the SN-10b and run
the Oudie by itself, just replaced the iPAQ.
It was very easy to pick up the power for the Oudie from the VL power
source.
Can't wait to use the Oudie in my glider, it works great in my
powerplane.

Dan
WO

I have not had good luck getting the SN-10 data working in the Oudie.
I get the GPS data from the SN-10 just fine. Has anyone else had
success getting the wind and vario data working properly in the Oudie
with SYM?

WE
Old April 4th 11, 03:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi Bill,

Be sure your SN10 has the latest software. Also, in SeeYou Mobile, go to
the Hardware screen and select SN10 as the hardware type.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Oudie Pilot Reports? AY Soaring 6 December 12th 10 11:51 PM
Oudie - ConnectMe question [email protected] Soaring 9 August 9th 10 04:18 PM
Oudie with a LX 5000 Randy[_2_] Soaring 2 May 24th 10 10:48 AM
New Oudie Photos Paul Remde Soaring 3 April 30th 10 04:17 PM