A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Capacity flask sizes for older PZL and Winter varios.

Old July 20th 18, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Capacity flask sizes for older PZL and Winter varios.

One of the varios just failed in my older glider. The Winter 5m/s is kaput. There's also a 1m/s unit that appears to be working. Both are from 1963.

A friend gave me a PZL 10kt unit that appears to be working. He can't remember what it came out of.

Anyone have specs on these older units? I would like to know what size capacity flasks are required for the 1m/s Winter and the 10kt PZL units.
Old July 20th 18, 11:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SoaringXCellence
external usenet poster

I can't answer for the exact size, I but I have several in different sizes that you can have for the shipping. I know that one is a Winter .45l

Mike
Old July 21st 18, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 3:43:41 PM UTC-7, SoaringXCellence wrote:
I can't answer for the exact size, I but I have several in different sizes that you can have for the shipping. I know that one is a Winter .45l

Mike

Mike - I appreciate the offer may take you up on that.

The two I have are .45L and an old stanley thermos bottle. It would be nice to know which is best for which vario. The 1m/s unit is no longer on the Winter tables, but the 2m/s is, and it is the only one that uses a 1.8L flask. Maybe the 1m/s needs a 3.6L flask. ;o)

Someone out there may have an old manual laying around and has the right answer.
Old July 21st 18, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrzej Kobus
external usenet poster

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 6:26:32 PM UTC-4, wrote:
One of the varios just failed in my older glider. The Winter 5m/s is kaput. There's also a 1m/s unit that appears to be working. Both are from 1963.

A friend gave me a PZL 10kt unit that appears to be working. He can't remember what it came out of.

Anyone have specs on these older units? I would like to know what size capacity flasks are required for the 1m/s Winter and the 10kt PZL units.

The PZL vario has slightly different capacity flask. If I remember correctly it was .42L