"Airplanes don't kill

Old May 14th 05, 03:31 PM
Flyingmonk

Default "Airplanes don't kill

OK, guys... I'm making an official announcement. "Airplanes don't kill

people!, people kill people!" This statement is hereby mine and none
of you better use it without my concent! LOL. Monday I'm going to the

T-shirt shop and ordering me 1000 units of various sizes. Let me know
if anyone wants one. I'll donate 10% of the profits to EAA's Young
Eagles program, promise! I don't know how much they will cost me, but
I won't mark it up much. Just to cover my time and gas money and also
to cover the cost of the beer while I talk my graphics guy into
designing it Pro-Bono.

Let me know how many and what sizes you want. It wont cost much,
promise.

Flyingmonk.

Old May 14th 05, 04:45 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On 14 May 2005 07:31:56 -0700, "Flyingmonk" wrote:

OK, guys... I'm making an official announcement. "Airplanes don't kill
people!, people kill people!" This statement is hereby mine and none
of you better use it without my concent! LOL. Monday I'm going to the
T-shirt shop and ordering me 1000 units of various sizes. Let me know
if anyone wants one.

What you oughta get is T-Shirts like this bumper sticker:

http://www.cafepress.com/pacificnwflying.22331165

Ron Wanttaja
Old May 14th 05, 04:48 PM
Doc Font

In article .com,
"Flyingmonk" wrote:

OK, guys... I'm making an official announcement. "Airplanes don't kill
people!, people kill people!" This statement is hereby mine and none
of you better use it without my concent! LOL.

Actually, Death continues to be the number one killer all around the
world.

DocFont
Old May 14th 05, 10:32 PM
Flyingmonk

Thanks, Ron! I guess it is even better than mine.

Bryan "Someone's always beating me to great ideas." Chaisone

Old May 14th 05, 10:34 PM
Flyingmonk

Thanks Rich!

For the advice too!

Bryan "Beat me again" Chaisone

Old May 14th 05, 11:21 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On 14 May 2005 14:32:58 -0700, "Flyingmonk" wrote:

Thanks, Ron! I guess it is even better than mine.

Dave Herman, a Seattle C-150 driver, came up with it. Here's a larger view:

http://www.smartgroups.com/vault/pnw...ersticker2.gif

Ron "90 knots of screaming terror" Wanttaja
Old May 14th 05, 11:25 PM
Flyingmonk

Thanks Ron. How's space craft doing?

FM

Old May 15th 05, 12:03 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On 14 May 2005 15:25:55 -0700, "Flyingmonk" wrote:

Thanks Ron. How's space craft doing?

What, have you been reading CBD again? :-)

It's OK where I'm at, looking better all the time.

The scariest thing happened this week. We'd been discussing with our management
about the "graying" of the aerospace workforce, and how we need to get some
young engineers and new hires into the industry to pick up some experience from
the old hands. We've even been flagging spots on org charts for "eager young
space cadets" to be formally recruited if we win a production contract.

Anyway, me and one of my buddies interviewed one this week.

Gawd. Were we *ever* that young? Did we ever have that much energy? That
clear of eye, that narrow of waist?

I kept thinking about the old farts that were with the organization when *I*
started...and realized most of them are dead, now.

Geeze.

Ron Wanttaja
Old May 15th 05, 12:31 AM
John Ammeter

On Sat, 14 May 2005 16:03:11 -0700, Ron Wanttaja
wrote:

[...]

Ron,

I know exactly what you're talking about. About 5 years ago
I was talking to my boss and pointed out to her that
everyone of the crew chiefs and several of the most
experienced workers would be retiring within 5 years. The
youngest worker in our section was 41 years old and the
oldest was 84.

It takes three years of study and OJT to learn even the
basics of Metering.

When I left a little over a year ago, they had just taken on
10 apprentices and we had only 23 journeylevel workers to
teach them. Not a good situation since the apprentices get
very little vacation and the high time workers get up to 30
days of vacation a year. Since you can assign only one
apprentice to a journeylevel worker and not all journey
workers are suitable to teach.... I'm glad I'm gone from
there now. It's become a madhouse. I was asked to come
back and teach a night class but living 2 hours and a ferry
ride away it's not what I want...

John
Old May 16th 05, 11:53 AM
Flyingmonk

Ron wrote:
"What, have you been reading CBD again? :-) "

No, but that's funny... I used to read it all the time looking for good
projects to bid on. I was in the construction industry and did a lot
of work with the govt. Even worked on the Pentagon rebuild after 9-11,
top center, 3rd page (Bryan Chaisone).

http://memorial.pentagon.mil/files/Memorial%20Ind-Day%20Registration%20List1.pdf#search='bryan%20cha isone'

The space craft comment was, LOL, in ref. to your Fly Baby. LOL. I
still get a kick everytime I look at that pic. Hahahahaha...

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/stories/leoraker.JPG

FM