Hello from sunny South Texas!

Old September 22nd 13, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

Default Hello from sunny South Texas!

Just for the halibut, I thought I would take a look at good ol' rec.aviation, and was heartened to see some names I still recognize! Glad to see y'all are still here!

Mary and I are now in sunny South Texas, on an island in the Gulf of Mexico called Mustang Island. We've created an aviation themed hotel here called Amelia's Landing, and are now flying an experimental 2-seat RV-8A, having sold our good ol' Pathfinder ("Atlas") last month, after 11 years of ownership.

If you're interested, check us out he www.AmeliasLanding.com It's quite a bit nicer here than Iowa! lol

I will pop back to see if anyone is still alive and/or remembers me!
:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX

Old September 22nd 13, 03:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george152

On 22/09/13 12:48, Jay Honeck wrote:
Just for the halibut, I thought I would take a look at good ol' rec.aviation, and was heartened to see some names I still recognize! Glad to see y'all are still here!

Mary and I are now in sunny South Texas, on an island in the Gulf of Mexico called Mustang Island. We've created an aviation themed hotel here called Amelia's Landing, and are now flying an experimental 2-seat RV-8A, having sold our good ol' Pathfinder ("Atlas") last month, after 11 years of ownership.

If you're interested, check us out he www.AmeliasLanding.com It's quite a bit nicer here than Iowa! lol

I will pop back to see if anyone is still alive and/or remembers me!
:-)
--
Jay Honeck
Port Aransas, TX
RV-8A N14EG

I remeber you
Now to look at your site
Old September 22nd 13, 05:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Skywise

Jay Honeck wrote in
:

Just for the halibut, I thought I would take a look at good ol'
rec.aviation, and was heartened to see some names I still recognize!
Glad to see y'all are still here!

I recall all the great videos and other stuff you used to host.

Brian
Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?
Old September 22nd 13, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Skywise wrote:

Jay Honeck wrote in
:

Just for the halibut, I thought I would take a look at good ol'
rec.aviation, and was heartened to see some names I still recognize!
Glad to see y'all are still here!

I recall all the great videos and other stuff you used to host.

Brian

Jay, I hope that your motel is going well.
Old September 22nd 13, 07:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Edwin Johnson

On 2013-09-22, Jay Honeck wrote:
called Amelia's Landing, and are now flying an experimental 2-seat RV-8A,
having sold our good ol' Pathfinder ("Atlas") last month, after 11 years of

Good to hear from you again, Jay. Be sure and tell Mary hello.

Of course the news to me is the RV-8A. Yes, that is quite different from the
Pathfinder, but bet you are enjoying it.

....Edwin
"Once you have flown, you will walk the earth with your eyes
turned skyward, for there you have been, there you long to
return."-da Vinci http://bellsouthpwp2.net/e/d/edwinljohnson
Old September 22nd 13, 09:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
Just for the halibut, I thought I would take a look at good ol'
rec.aviation, and was heartened to see some names I still recognize! Glad
to see y'all are still here!

Mary and I are now in sunny South Texas, on an island in the Gulf of
Mexico called Mustang Island. We've created an aviation themed hotel here
called Amelia's Landing, and are now flying an experimental 2-seat RV-8A,
having sold our good ol' Pathfinder ("Atlas") last month, after 11 years
of ownership.

If you're interested, check us out he www.AmeliasLanding.com It's
quite a bit nicer here than Iowa! lol

I will pop back to see if anyone is still alive and/or remembers me!

And hello to you!

I see you in place to place online. Went and got wise with all the
homebuilders and got the RV grin, I see. Good on you.

I, on the other hand, am almost 3 months into time sitting in a wheelchair
from a fall off of a roof of a house I was building. Almost killed me,
literally. 8 broken ribs, deflated lung, fused vertebras T3 through T9, and
broken C1 with over 2 months in a halo. Broken pelvis which is what is
keeping me from walking. Lucky to have almost all of the feeling and
movement in all of my extremities, and hope to make a close to full
recovery.

2013 is a year to put behind me, but I am most thankful to not be pushing
up daises.

Jim in NC

Old September 22nd 13, 09:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

Oh, and happy birthday!
Old September 22nd 13, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
george152

On 23/09/13 08:00, Morgans wrote:

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
[...]

Sad to hear.
I blame the 13 in the year for your accident and look forward to your
full recovery

Old September 22nd 13, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Morgans[_2_]

"george152" wrote

Sad to hear.
I blame the 13 in the year for your accident and look forward to your full
recovery

Thanks.

I do have a whole new respect for people in wheelchairs, and the absurdity
of not building fully in compliance with the American Disabilities Act.
There are loads of things out in the community that limit the possibilities
of wheelchair bound people.

Jim in NC

Old September 28th 13, 10:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_13_]

On Saturday, September 21, 2013 11:45:30 PM UTC-5, Skywise wrote:
Jay Honeck wrote in

:

Just for the halibut, I thought I would take a look at good ol'

rec.aviation, and was heartened to see some names I still recognize!

Glad to see y'all are still here!

I recall all the great videos and other stuff you used to host.

Brian

Sed quis custodiet ipsos Custodes?

You mean these?: http://ameliaslanding.com/aviation_videos.htm

I moved 'em over to our new website! :-)