Fuel Pressure Regulator for Aviation

Old March 22nd 07, 02:10 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
DonMorrisey

Default Fuel Pressure Regulator for Aviation

Howdy.

Can anyone recommend a fuel pressure regulator specifically developed
for aviation or widely used in aviation? I know there are automotive
brands such as Holley and Petrol King...and if you swear by those pls
let me know. I cannot seem to locate one specifically for aviation.

Thanks. Don..

Old March 23rd 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

On Mar 21, 7:10 pm, "DonMorrisey" wrote:
Howdy.

Can anyone recommend a fuel pressure regulator specifically developed
for aviation or widely used in aviation? I know there are automotive
brands such as Holley and Petrol King...and if you swear by those pls
let me know. I cannot seem to locate one specifically for aviation.

Thanks. Don..

I have used the Holley regulators in ALOT of ground based
applications and they do work good. The problem is they can and will
seep fuel around the adjustment screw. It doesn't drip but to me ANY
fuel leak/seep/ stain is unacceptable in the cowling of an aircraft,
experimental or otherwise. IMHO.

Ben
www.haaspowerair.com

Old March 23rd 07, 04:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
clare at snyder.on.ca

On 21 Mar 2007 18:10:27 -0700, "DonMorrisey"
wrote:

Howdy.

Can anyone recommend a fuel pressure regulator specifically developed
for aviation or widely used in aviation? I know there are automotive
brands such as Holley and Petrol King...and if you swear by those pls
let me know. I cannot seem to locate one specifically for aviation.

Thanks. Don..

More people swear AT them than by them.A bypass regulator is the only
type I'd trust, if even them.

PA28-181 Fuel pressure drop off - Inspired by the Gascolotor thread. Roy Page Owning 22 September 30th 05 08:25 PM
Aviation fuel - price of crude... kontiki Piloting 62 October 13th 04 04:36 PM
Piper Arrow IV fuel pressure MC Owning 8 October 7th 04 12:23 AM
Using ship fuel as aviation fuel? KDR Military Aviation 72 April 26th 04 09:38 PM
Fuel pressure Problems smf Home Built 3 September 7th 03 08:25 PM