I want to buy a plane by year-end but they're not making it easy.

Old December 2nd 04, 06:11 AM
Matt Barrow

"G.R. Patterson III" wrote in message

"T.Roger" wrote:

All I've asked of Cirrus, Piper and Tiger is if I can demo their damned
planes before I buy.

Have you offered to pay them for the flight? Most dealers will be happy to

demo
a new plane for about $100.

Three years ago I bought (for cash) an B36TC ("Pre-owned") and the broker
damn near gave me a BJ just to go up with him.

Matt
---------------------
Matthew W. Barrow
Site-Fill Homes, LLC.
Montrose, CO

Old December 2nd 04, 06:51 AM
T.Roger

From whom and where?

"Bill J" wrote in message
My student bought a Lancair before he had his ticket. No prob lem oh!

T.Roger wrote:
I don't have my ticket yet -- and I'm really committed because I want to
buy
my own plane to train and fly -- and I want to take advantage of the tax
write-off about to expire at year end.

I've been at this since August.
But, hell, they're not making it easy.

All I've asked of Cirrus, Piper and Tiger is if I can demo their damned
planes before I buy. But if you don't have your ticket they don't want to
know you. They take the position that I should secure the financing for
the
particular plane before I demo. I take the position that I'm not going
waste my time if I'm not in love with the plane. I tell them that I'm
relegated to buying a C172 because that's the only plane I know and
they're
not making it easy for me to consider anything else. They take the
position
that "...every customer who's bought their 'so-and-so-brand-plane' has
never
regretted it and has never gone back to a C172. I say: kiss my a**: if
I'm
going to effort to run around trying to convince a bank to finance my
purchase @ $200,000 or more (you know what that's like) then I want to
know
what in hell I'm buying!! They're sort of saying: marry me and then
you'll
find out if you love me.

So far, I haven't had one demo since I started the search in August.
I thought GA was hurting; I guess not.

I train in C172's, and I guess that's what Cirrus, Piper and Tiger want
me
to buy because they don't seem interested in my business.

Old December 2nd 04, 07:06 AM
NW_PILOT

"T.Roger" wrote in message
. com...
I don't have my ticket yet -- and I'm really committed because I want to

buy
my own plane to train and fly -- and I want to take advantage of the tax
write-off about to expire at year end.

I've been at this since August.
But, hell, they're not making it easy.

All I've asked of Cirrus, Piper and Tiger is if I can demo their damned
planes before I buy. But if you don't have your ticket they don't want to
know you. They take the position that I should secure the financing for

the
particular plane before I demo. I take the position that I'm not going to
[...]

If you have good credit go to you lender and get pre qualified for a set
amount say up to 300K then go look for a new airplane. You don't have to
take the loan but you will have near immediate availability of funds when
you find the one you like. When you go to a dealer with you finances in
order I am sure they will take you on a demo ride.

But why don't you get yourself a good used aircraft like a 150 do your
training then sell basically get your training for almost nothing or use it
as a low cost time builder after buying a larger aircraft.

New is not always the best choice! New airplanes I am seeing lose a lot of
their value right off the bat New = Negative Equity & Wasted Money. Used
airplanes a few years old seem to hold a reasonable value.

Getting a demo flight in a private party owned airplane may be simpler then
getting a demo flight in a new airplane!

Old December 2nd 04, 07:42 AM
markjen

I don't know the details, but it is possible that they simply aren't allowed
by insurance to give demo flights to student pilots. Have they offered to
demo the airplane to you as long as you don't fly it?

The situation isn't exactly the same, but not many car dealers give demos to
customers who don't yet have their driver's license.

My advice is to cool your jets on buying an airplane and finish getting your
ticket. Flying your own plane just adds another distraction. Insurance
will be very, very tough to get. Keep your eye on the ball.

- Mark

Old December 2nd 04, 08:33 AM

I have a King KLN90B that has some repair issues. I think it should go
back to King for a rebuild. Is it possible for me to call King and get
an RMA number? Or do I have to go to an avionics repair place.

Old December 2nd 04, 09:00 AM
Matt Barrow

"Cockpit Colin" wrote in message
Would it work to offer to pay for the flight with the condition that your
money be refunded if you bought?

And if he didn't like the product?

Guess which people will be bitching the loudest when the GA markets sours in
a couple of years.

Matt
---------------------
Matthew W. Barrow
Site-Fill Homes, LLC.
Montrose, CO

Old December 2nd 04, 09:03 AM
Matt Barrow

"T.Roger" wrote in message
m...
Any FEMALE Beech brokers out there that you know of?

Yeah, AAMOF! http://www.kansasaircraft.com

Old December 2nd 04, 09:29 AM
nuke

All I've asked of Cirrus, Piper and Tiger is if I can demo their damned
planes before I buy. BRBR

Uhh, something seems off here.

Cirrus sells a lot of planes to student pilots.

Here in Silicon Valley, where money flows like, well I dunno, they'll certainly
demo you a SR22 or SR20 if you've never flown in a plane before. You need to
have verifiable source of funds of some kind, or they'll dismiss you as a
flake.

If you're for real, I'm sure you can get setup with a demo flight around here.

--
Dr. Nuketopia
Sorry, no e-Mail.
Old December 2nd 04, 09:41 AM
Bob Noel

In article ,
"T.Roger" wrote:

Early on, I offered the east-coast Tiger rep to pay for fuel. It didn't
persuade him.

Maybe Lancair has it figured out. If you go to their "factory", you can
get a demo - but you have to pay something like $150 which covers
a lot more than fuel.

All I've asked of Cirrus, Piper and Tiger is if I can demo their damned
planes before I buy.

Have you offered to pay them for the flight? Most dealers will be happy to
demo
a new plane for about $100.

George Patterson
If a man gets into a fight 3,000 miles away from home, he *had* to
have
been looking for it.

--
Bob Noel

rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 October 1st 04 07:27 AM
bush rules! Be Kind Military Aviation 53 February 14th 04 05:26 PM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 November 1st 03 07:27 AM
Conspiracy Theorists (amusing) Grantland Military Aviation 1 October 2nd 03 12:17 AM
rec.aviation.aerobatics FAQ Dr. Guenther Eichhorn Aerobatics 0 October 1st 03 07:27 AM