Leaving Usnet Groups, Bye

Old May 2nd 05, 04:00 AM
Andrew Gideon

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

I lost my medical back in 1990 and at some point after that disappeared
from the registry, despite the old saw about being licensed for life.Â*
WhenÂ*IÂ*gotÂ*my medical back last month, I miraculously reappeared in the
registry.

I'm glad for you.

A good friend recently had to go through something of that sort, but
thankfully not quite as bad. He'd actually received a note of final
rejection (or whatever it was called). But somehow he and/or his examiner
managed to get past even this.

We joke about it being one of, of not the, most expensive medical ever.

But welcome back into the fold (and the DB {8^).

- Andrew

Old May 2nd 05, 04:04 AM
Dudley Henriques

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Dudley Henriques wrote:
Unfortunately, his big paws gave away the store because each letter he
typed sort of came out something like "fghj tyui sdfg qwer".

Was he posting recently as "Amos"? :-)

You never know about some of these "smart" animals, but this one's not all
that smart really. I taught him how to play chess this year. Hell....I can
still beat him 2 games out of 3!!!!

Old May 2nd 05, 04:08 AM
Andrew Gideon

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:

Well, I sure as hell disappeared for the fifteen years I didn't have a
medical. I've had no certificate action; just no medical.Â*Â*AndÂ*nowÂ*I'm
backÂ*in.Â*Â*What other conclusion should I draw?

People have been assuming that there's some uniform rule governing the DB.
Given the frequent complaints about the FAA here, I'm amused that in this
case people are assuming flawless competence.

- Andrew

Old May 2nd 05, 04:48 AM
Dudley Henriques

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Dudley Henriques" wrote(
You never know about some of these "smart" animals, but this one's not
all that smart really. I taught him how to play chess this year.
Hell....I can still beat him 2 games out of 3!!!!

Gary Kasparov will be playing a match against "Blue" today.

The IBM computer or the Bloodhound?

Montblack

You have to admit....the guy's good!!
:-)
DH

Old May 2nd 05, 05:06 AM
Dave Stadt

"Montblack" wrote in message
("Dudley Henriques" wrote(
You never know about some of these "smart" animals, but this one's not

all
that smart really. I taught him how to play chess this year. Hell....I

can
still beat him 2 games out of 3!!!!

Gary Kasparov will be playing a match against "Blue" today.

The IBM computer or the Bloodhound?

Montblack

"Blue" also came in red or yellow.

Old May 2nd 05, 05:42 AM
RomeoMike

I don't know what conclusion to make; that's why I asked the question
'what determines who is in the database?' Whether one has a medical
appears to be a part of the equation for some, but then there are people
with no medical in there.

Mortimer Schnerd, RN wrote:
RomeoMike wrote:

Well, that's not accurate. As I posted to D.H., my father has been
deceased since 1976, and he is in the data base. My uncle hasn't had a
medical in over 40 years, and he is there also.

Well, I sure as hell disappeared for the fifteen years I didn't have a medical.
I've had no certificate action; just no medical. And now I'm back in. What
other conclusion should I draw?

Old May 2nd 05, 06:04 AM
Scott D.

I think someone might have wanted to see my license to operate a keyboard;
something about being too old or not current enough or something like that!
:-)

But since your not in the DB, then are you sure that you can operate a
keyboard? Or are you just the dog pretending that you are Dudley?

Scott D.

Scott D

To email remove spamcatcher's
Old May 2nd 05, 06:09 AM
Dudley Henriques

Scott D. wrote in message

I think someone might have wanted to see my license to operate a
keyboard;
something about being too old or not current enough or something like
that!
:-)

But since your not in the DB, then are you sure that you can operate a
keyboard? Or are you just the dog pretending that you are Dudley?

Scott D.

You know....at this point on Usenet....I'm not really sure who the hell I am
actually.
I had a guy write a private email to me once accusing me of not being Dudley
Henriques. This guy said he knew Dudley Henriques personally and that I
wasn't him.
My wife wrote back and told him that if he knew where the real Dudley was,
would he please tell him to come home, and while he was at it, would he
PLEASE tell her where the hell she should send the phony Dudley she had been
living with for the past forty years.
We never heard back :-)
Dudley

Old May 2nd 05, 07:15 AM
Peter Duniho

"George Patterson" wrote in message
Unfortunately, his big paws gave away the store because each letter he
typed sort of came out something like "fghj tyui sdfg qwer".

Was he posting recently as "Amos"? :-)

Number one reason dogs don't use computers:

rTyOipO sDczAsnMkbNj gHjqAzeRtsDc fTykOp hTgtYuoPlfEw dWqjIofTygHj
lP[sAqaWezSw!!