Mounties Electrocute Airline Passenger

Old October 24th 07, 02:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Default Mounties Electrocute Airline Passenger

Kevin Clarke wrote:
I'm not sure that they are bad choices per se. These candidates are
all very accomplished people (except maybe Fred Thompson).

Fred Thompson not accomplished? I think you ought to compare his resume up
against any of the other cnadidates on either side.

Here are some high points.

He earned his undergraduate degree in philosophy and political science from
Memphis State University in 1964 and his law degree from Vanderbilt
University in 1967, working his way through school.

In 1969, Thompson was named an assistant United States attorney in
Nashville, where he earned the reputation as a tough prosecutor. Three years
later, he would help manage U.S. Senator Howard Baker's re-election
campaign. In 1973, at the age of 30, he was off to Washington, where he
served under the glaring spotlight of the Watergate scandal as minority
counsel to the Senate Watergate Committee.

Thompson would return to Tennessee, where he maintained law offices in
Nashville and Washington. His practice varied from pro bono work to
representing the state of Tennessee and large corporations, such as
Westinghouse.

He served as special counsel to the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in
1980 and the Senate Intelligence Committee in 1982.

Thompson ran to fill the remaining two years of an unexpired Senate term. It
was a tough race; his Democrat opponent was a 6 term Congressman. Two years
later, in 1996, the people of Tennessee returned him to office with more
votes than any candidate for any office in the state's history.

Old October 24th 07, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 19:55:38 -0700, C J Campbell
wrote in
2007102319553816807-christophercampbell@hotmailcom:

On 2007-10-23 17:38:46 -0700, Larry Dighera said:

On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 17:42:02 -0700, "NW_Pilot"
wrote in
:

Yea, it's called the North American Union...

The first I heard of this was from the mouth of Vincente Fox:

http://aftermathnews.wordpress.com/category/resistance/
Vicente Fox admits to wanting a North American Union on Jon
Stewart Show

Stewart’s applauding audience believes flooding the US with
illegals, surrendering our sovereignty to Mexico (and vice-versa)
and ripping up the US constitution is a good idea apparently
[video]

So, if all this giant conspiracy with George Bush involved really
exists, why haven't all the Democratic candidates made a major issue of
it?

I just heard about it and did some research. As it was Clinton, as I
recall, who signed NAFTA, how can Democrats tactfully pursue this
issue? I suspect we will hear more about this issue as time goes on
because of Fox's comments being broadcast.

Vincente Fox seems willing to tell all:

http://www.billmaher.com/?page_id=213
MAHER: Oh, if only we would have – if only we would have
presidents just disappearing. [laughter] But…but I – I know you
have very mixed feelings about President Bush. I know you are
friendly with him because he came and visited you during his early
days in office. That was a very gratifying thing for you. But that
doesn’t really stack up against some of his giant boners like the
Iraq war, does it? [laughter]

FOX: No.

MAHER: [overlapping] And – and you’ve called him a “windshield
cowboy”? What is that?

FOX: Yeah. You know, in that visit, I noticed when I took him to
see this beautiful stallion that I ride, and having rided [sic]
all my life since I was two years old, I noticed that he was a
little bit trembling, a little bit afraid of touching the horse.
[laughter] And then I invited him to ride it. He said, “No, no,
no, security would not allow me to ride that horse.” [laughter]
[applause]

And then…and then I paid a visit back here in Texas, and he
invited me to go around his farm there. By the way, a very modest
home that he’s got there. And he was driving this pickup,
beautiful pickup. And so I could notice that he knows how to drive
a pickup, but he doesn’t know how to ride a horse. [laughter]
[applause]

MAHER: Well…and – and a couple—

FOX: He’s a good friend, huh?

MAHER: Yeah, well, if you like a friend like that, sure.
[laughter] But, I remember a couple of years ago, at one of the
correspondents’ dinners in Washington, his wife, Laura Bush, got
up and told a story—

FOX: [overlapping] Great lady.

MAHER: What?

FOX: Great lady.

MAHER: Great lady. Well, sure, look who she’s standing next to.
[laughter] But – but she said that – she told a story that—[he
laughs]—and she said that she remembered an instance where the
president – before he was president – tried to “milk” a horse.
[laughter] And she said it was a male horse. [laughter] Which is
an unsettling image on either side of the border, I think you’d
agree. [laughter]

http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2007/0..._of_horses.php

Vicente Fox: "Cowboy" Bush Is Scared Of Horses
By Eric Kleefeld - September 21, 2007, 9:20AM
Here's another fun detail from Vicente Fox's upcoming
autobiography: He says that despite President Bush's cowboy image,
the man is actually scared of horses.

Fox tells the story of the two men meeting in Mexico in early
2001, in which he invited Bush to ride a large horse. Bush
nervously backed away. "A horse lover can always tell when others
don't share our passion," Fox wrote.

Fun fact: Bush's Crawford ranch, purchased in 1999 in order to
help create a down-home image for his presidential campaign, does
not have any horses.

Fox was the first President of Mexico in twenty hears that was not
part of the corrupt party that held power there for so long. But they
aren't dead yet:

http://aftermathnews.wordpress.com/category/resistance/
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n3365380.shtml
Protestors Tear Down Vicente Fox Statue
Statue Of Former Mexican President Destroyed Right Before
Dedication

BOCA DEL RIO, Mexico, Oct. 14, 2007
(CBS/AP) Opposition protesters have torn down a bronze statue of
former Mexican President Vicente Fox, just hours after it was
erected this morning.

Workers put up the commemorative 10-foot statue before dawn in the
city of Boca del Rio, in Veracruz state.

But by midmorning a crowd of about 100 angry protesters began
egging the statue, fastened a rope around its neck and pulled it
to the ground.

Many were members of the centrist Revolutionary Institutional
Party, which governed Mexico for much of the 20th century until
Fox (of the conservative National Action Party) won a presidential
election in 2000.

The statue's inauguration ceremony, scheduled for tomorrow, has
been canceled.

Old October 24th 07, 05:32 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Neil Gould

Recently, Kevin Clarke posted:

Neil Gould wrote:

The real problem lies in the bad choices as only options. Considering
where we are today, after 8 years of massive and possibly
unrecoverable screw-ups on many fronts, those who voted outside "the
system" are among the few not culpable. Not that it matters. We
really need to wake up.

I'm not sure that they are bad choices per se. These candidates are
all very accomplished people (except maybe Fred Thompson). The
problem is the lack of real leadership.

How is it not "...bad choices per se" if the candidates for _leader_ of
the U.S. lack the ability to provide real leadership? We really need to
wake up.

Neil

Old October 24th 07, 05:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

Larry Dighera wrote:

Fox was the first President of Mexico in twenty hears that was not
part of the corrupt party that held power there for so long.

No he is a member of another corrupt party. Mexican politics makes Louisiana
politics look good.

Old October 25th 07, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Ash Wyllie

Larry Dighera opined

Many were members of the centrist Revolutionary Institutional
Party, which governed Mexico for much of the 20th century until
Fox (of the conservative National Action Party) won a presidential
election in 2000.

I'm not sure that the PRI can be called centrist.

-ash
Cthulhu in 2007!
Why wait for nature?

Old October 26th 07, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dan Luke[_2_]

http://www.theonion.com/content/opin..._will_have_the

Old October 26th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Logajan

"Dan Luke" wrote:
"Gig 601XL Builder" wrote:

Fred Thompson not accomplished?

http://www.theonion.com/content/opin..._will_have_the

Oh. Gee, I didn't know that. Too bad he instantly loses half the vote. ;-)
Old October 26th 07, 03:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
The Visitor[_2_]

Update

http://tinyurl.com/3cvkdq

Larry Dighera wrote:
Is airline passenger abuse on the rise as a result of passenger
reaction to airline delays?

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/british-col...r.html?ref=rss

Man dies after Taser shock by police at Vancouver airport
Last Updated: Sunday, October 14, 2007 | 5:04 PM ET

A man in his 40s died early Sunday morning after RCMP jolted him with
a Taser at the Vancouver International Airport, police said.

Airport security called the Mounties for assistance after an
unidentified man began pounding on windows and throwing chairs and
computer equipment in the customs area shortly after arriving on an
international flight at 1:30 a.m., Richmond RCMP Sgt. Pierre Lemaitre
told CBC News.

"We arrived and tried to calm the man," Lemaitre said. "We tried
through gestures to get him to put his hands down on the desk … to no
avail."

When he ignored orders to calm down, police used a stun gun on the
man.

The man dropped to the floor and police said it took three officers to
handcuff him. He then lost consciousness and appeared to go into
cardiac arrest and was pronounced dead at the airport, the CBC's Chris
Brown reported.

Few other details have been disclosed other than the man spoke an
Eastern European language and a flight from Poland touched down about
an hour before the incident, Brown said.

Taser devices are controversial because of the dozen North American
deaths resulting from their use. There has been debate about how safe
these devices are when dealing with certain kinds of people who are
delirious or wound up, Brown said.

Police are investigating and a toxicology report will be done to
determine whether there were drugs in the man's system. They will be
interviewing customs officers and flight attendants, Brown reported.

International arrivals were rerouted but there were no delays in
flight schedules.

Old October 26th 07, 08:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Gig 601XL Builder

The Visitor wrote:
Update

http://tinyurl.com/3cvkdq

I've been frustrated with governmental processes (including customs) for
over 30 years and so far no police agency has found the need to Tazer me.

Old October 27th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 10:30:57 -0400, The Visitor
wrote in
:

Update

http://tinyurl.com/3cvkdq

It looks like the videos will tell the truth:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl.../National/home
Questions hang over taser death
He spent 10 hours frustrated by airport bureaucracy. Just 24
seconds later, police shot him with tasers

MARK HUME AND SUNNY DHILLON

From Friday's Globe and Mail

October 26, 2007 at 3:19 AM EDT

VANCOUVER — Dazed and confused after more than 15 hours of travel,
unable to communicate in English and scared because he couldn't
find his mother, Polish immigrant Robert Dziekanski was jolted by
a taser just 24 seconds after being confronted by police in
Vancouver International Airport.

That allegation was made Thursday by a lawyer for Mr. Dziekanski's
family who says video evidence will show that the RCMP took him
down with a taser jolt moments after approaching him.

"I've been in touch with witnesses. I have viewed a video, which
was taken by a bystander, which is not going to be released until
at least the time of the inquest. From my observation, the
interaction between the police and this individual, who didn't
appear to me to be posing a danger to anybody at the time … was 24
seconds, roughly, before he was tasered," Walter Kosteckyj said

A CTV News report Thursday night, based on emergency radio logs,
shows police arrived at the scene at 1:28 a.m. and, two minutes
later, it was reported a "male has been tasered." ...

The radio log does not indicate when police first approached Mr.
Dziekanski, just that he was down two minutes after they arrived —
and that by 1:32 he had lost consciousness.

CTV reported there was a 12-minute delay before medical help
arrived. Mr. Dziekanski died shortly after being tasered — only 10
hours after arriving in the country that was to be his new home.

Police have described a much more measured response in which
officers gave a wildly agitated Mr. Dziekanski two jolts from a
taser just to subdue him long enough to put handcuffs on him. The
RCMP say they too have videos, but they can't be released because
an investigation is under way. ...

He said Mr. Dziekanski's journey to Canada began in Poland about 3
a.m., when he left his home town of Pieszyce to get to an airport
for his first airplane flight. The 40-year-old construction
worker, who had never left Poland before, was immigrating to
Canada to join his mother, 61, who lives in Kamloops, about a
five-hour drive from Vancouver.

They had arranged to meet at the baggage carousel in the
international terminal at YVR. What neither of them seemed to
know, however, was that the baggage area is inside a secure area
just past Canada Customs and Immigration. There is no line of
sight into the Arrivals Hall from the public waiting area, except
for a short distance through sliding glass doors.

Mr. Dziekanski arrived at about 3 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 14.

"He made his way to primary customs in the ordinary fashion … he
went through there in the normal time frame … he then proceeded
through and was directed to secondary customs, which is normal for
someone who doesn't speak English and is immigrating to the
country," Mr. Kosteckyj said. His papers were in order and he
proceeded without difficulty.

But what happened after that was far from normal. For nearly 10
hours, Mr. Dziekanski stayed in the Arrivals Hall, growing
increasingly frustrated and eventually becoming frantic.

Outside, in the public area, his mother spent nearly six hours
pacing the corridors and, in broken English, asking airport
officials for help in locating her son.

Mr. Kosteckyj said she visited one booth in international arrivals
"at least three to four times and conveyed to them that she was
concerned about her son being in the area and she wanted to get a
message to him and how could she do that? They wrote her name down
and said that they would make inquiries."

At about 10 p.m., she was told he wasn't there. She made the long
drive home, only to find a phone message waiting, saying her son
had been found.

"She called back to immigration when she got in, which would have
been around 2 a.m., and spoke to someone there and was advised
that her son was somewhere in the area and was fine. And she
advised, you know, 'Please take care of him because he can't speak
English and I'll get there as soon as I can.' And of course he had
died, been killed really, some time on or about 1 or 1:30," Mr.
Kosteckyj said.

At a news conference, Ms. Cisowski said she had dreamed of opening
a small business in Kamloops with her son. "I've lost my only
family," she said. "I studied English during the day and at night
I saved money to get my son to Canada."

Mr. Dziekanski arrived with three bags, two of which were filled
with geography books.

Airline Lobby Group Says GA traffic Is The Main Cause Of Airline Delays Larry Dighera Piloting 0 July 7th 07 01:19 PM
747-400 passenger jet is no more J.F. Aviation Photos 0 March 17th 07 03:25 PM
8 passenger fuselage 400 lbs. WOW! Montblack Home Built 1 March 16th 06 10:26 PM
My first passenger Icebound Piloting 10 February 6th 06 04:00 PM
Virtual Airline sues Real Airline Joseph Brown Simulators 4 April 25th 04 09:10 PM