AirPlanLite

Old October 2nd 04, 05:54 PM
Dean Wilkinson

Aaarrrrgh! You....got....me! *gasp* *cough* I'm dead....

Bob Noel wrote in message ...
In article , "Dean Wilkinson"
wrote:

"nospam" eh?

*plonk*

Old October 2nd 04, 07:14 PM
Jack Allison

Dean Wilkinson wrote:

Hi Jack, (not to be said near a TSA agent)

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that one...I could make a
down payment on an airplane :-)

1. I like Pascal better than C. Its easier to work with, and is less
prone to having bugs slip past the compiler.

2. Delphi is a very well designed development tool, and I like
Borland tools better than Microsoft's.

Makes sense. I've worked with both MS and Borland environments (for C
vs. Pascal). I had a chance to play with Delphi once. Didn't do
anything serious in it but it was a much better environment than what I
was working in at the time (PowerBuilder...yuk!). Boreland has done a
nice job with their development environment.

Thanks for the info...just sort of wondering, given what I do for a living.

Here's hoping the nomex flame suit holds up :-)

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci

Old October 3rd 04, 12:46 AM
Mike O'Malley

"Dean Wilkinson" wrote in message
Hello RAP newsgroup pilots, posters and lurkers,

snip
So, back to the original question. Have you tried AirPlanLite? Do you

use
it? Do you like it? Am I annoying you with this post?

Thanks again for making this resource available. While I haven't had a
chance to actually use the product for actual flight planning purposes yet,
I have been able to run a few planed trips with it. I like the feature
where you can compute the cost for a trip; for renters who fly different
planes, this simplifies another step (would it be cheaper to take the C150
or use the Arrow? How about that new Skyhawk, how much more would it cost?)

I'm sure I'll learn more about it, it's features and limitations shortly,
I've got to start burning off 30 hours of night time here soon to get to 135
mins, and your product will more than likely come in very handy for those
time building trips, especially since I can get an idea of what the route
will be like before I go and buy all the charts.

Thanks again,
Mike

Old October 3rd 04, 05:30 AM
A Lieberman

On Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:15:36 -0600, Dean Wilkinson wrote:

snip

I know that because I am asking for $5.00 per database update but not
charging for the software, certain individuals who frequent this newsgroup
believe that I am *gasp*, a spammer. I think that those individuals have an
over-inflated sense of self-importance, and don't undersand the egalitarian
nature of the internet or newsgroups. I fully expect a number of flames in
response to this post, so have donned my Nomex undergarments.

Dean my friend,

You obviously don't have an understanding of the egalitarion (whatever
egalitarian means) nature of newsgroups. Newsgroups for the most part are
commercial free unless the newsgroup charter permits it. By default it is
not permitted.

Please check out
http://www.netscape.co.uk/help/faqs/...oupmanners.htm

Taken from the above website:

Never post advertising on a Newsgroup unless it is specifically created to
accept adverts.

Also check out
http://www.aol.com/netfind/scoop/new...etiquette.html

Taken from this website:

Everyone hates commercials. Be very hesitant about posting advertisements
or commercial messages. This also gets people really mad.

I could go on and on, but I would hope by this time you get the
message.....

I saw others have already pointed you to the appropriate newsgroups to post
commercial solicitations.

I stand by my original post. Contribute to the newsgroup and use a sig
line to promote your product.

Really Dean, I am a nice person. I come to newsgroups to share and learn
experiences. I don't come here for commercials, advertisements and the
such.

That is what the internet is for.

Allen
Old October 3rd 04, 05:45 AM
Morgans

"A Lieberman" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Dear Mr. Lieberman

This group has ALWAYS completely followed Usenet policies. (*gasp* choke)
This is such a "not a big thing" as to make me wonder why you would waste
your time.

How about endless off topic posts? How about the other announcements of
products? How about.......?

How about you getting a life. This is a service provided, *almost* free,
for the use of the people who use this forum.

By the way, what services have you provided for the users of this group,
free, or otherwise?
--
Jim in NC

---

Old October 3rd 04, 06:44 AM
RobsSanta

I once wrote a complete shop floor control system for a large aerospace
company in pascal for a DEC/VAX environment and they are still using it,
some 12 years later.

Rob

"Dean Wilkinson" wrote in message
m...
Hi Jack, (not to be said near a TSA agent)

A couple of reasons.

1. I like Pascal better than C. Its easier to work with, and is less
prone to having bugs slip past the compiler.

2. Delphi is a very well designed development tool, and I like
Borland tools better than Microsoft's.

Dean

Jack Allison wrote in message

nk.net...
Dean Wilkinson wrote:

Sorry, but I wrote it in Pascal,

Hey Dean...being a software guy, I'm curious as to why the decision to
write it in Pascal? Thinking of Pascal takes me back to my college

days.

Old October 3rd 04, 11:37 AM
Martin Hotze

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 00:45:35 -0400, Morgans wrote:

How about you getting a life. This is a service provided, *almost* free,

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
yeah, sure.

for the use of the people who use this forum.

This is no forum, this is not the internet .. *this* *is* *USENET*.

#m

--
Somehow, some way, the Left trash talks "multi-national corporations" and
"big corporations" as if they were messengers of evil, when, in fact,
Old October 3rd 04, 12:41 PM
A Lieberman

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 00:45:35 -0400, Morgans wrote:

Dear Mr. Lieberman

This group has ALWAYS completely followed Usenet policies. (*gasp* choke)
This is such a "not a big thing" as to make me wonder why you would waste
your time.

Jim,

I originally wasn't going to reply to your post, but felt that a courtey
reply is warranted to your last question and comment on your first
paragraph.

Your observations on your first paragraph are spot on. The rec.aviation
groups are one of the few newsgroups that do remain on topic. It's a few
individuals (mostly newbies) that sometime need gentle reminders about
proper etiquette of Usenet.

By the way, what services have you provided for the users of this group,
free, or otherwise?

The direct answer would be none. I have not provided any SERVICES.
Newsgroups / Usenet is the wrong place for providing SERVICES.

I have provided on topic discussions. Don't believe me? Google will show
my track record. Google will also show that I am not into flamewars.

Enuf said....

Allen
Old October 3rd 04, 01:51 PM
Morgans

"A Lieberman" wrote

Jim,

The rec.aviation groups are one of the few newsgroups that do remain on

topic.

**************************
WHAT?????????

Pasted from prior posts:

Obviously others disagree with this interpretation. I don't, however -
school districts should not be supporting an organization that
discriminates based on religion or sexual orientation.

assuming, of course, that said organization is actually discriminating.

"The Boys Scouts may have a legal right to discriminate against
atheists, agnostics, gays and others, but we remain convinced that
as long as they continue that discrimination they have no right to
receive special access to Portland elementary schools during the
school day to recruit 6 and 7 year-old boys to join in that
discrimination," [Oregon ACLU Executive Director David] Fidanque
said.
Obviously others disagree with this interpretation. I don't, however -

school districts should not be supporting an organization that
discriminates based on religion or sexual orientation.

Pick a post. I have most of them filtered out, but you HAVE to be kidding.
--
Jim in NC

---

Old October 3rd 04, 01:52 PM
A Lieberman

On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 08:51:57 -0400, Morgans wrote:

"A Lieberman" wrote

Jim,

The rec.aviation groups are one of the few newsgroups that do remain on

topic.

Pasted from prior posts:

Obviously others disagree with this interpretation. I don't, however -
school districts should not be supporting an organization that

Clearly not me Jim,

Please check again. Those come under a thread I was involved in.

Allen