SN10 Remote Repair

Old February 18th 08, 07:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

Default SN10 Remote Repair

My SN10 remote has lost the knobs and shafts from two of the rotary
switches. One of them kept falling off from about day one and I've
stuck it back dozens of times, but it has eventually disappeared into
the dirt on our field. A second one is now showing the same symptoms.

This looks like it could be a not uncommon problem and I wonder if
there is an easy fix that doesn't require it to be sent back to the
manufacturer (I'm not keen on converting worthless US dollars to Euros
right now).

The switches look like standard components that should be readily
available and easily replaced by anyone competent with a soldering
iron, perhaps with a more robust equivalent.

Anyone know of replacement components available in the USA?

Mike
Old February 18th 08, 08:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Feb 18, 12:26*pm, Mike the Strike wrote:

This looks like it could be a not uncommon problem

Now if you had one of them touch screen thingies you wouldn/t have
this problem would you.
Old February 18th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike the Strike

On Feb 18, 1:57 pm, Andy wrote:
On Feb 18, 12:26 pm, Mike the Strike wrote:

This looks like it could be a not uncommon problem

Now if you had one of them touch screen thingies you wouldn/t have
this problem would you.

That must be tongue in cheek because I don't know anyone who flies
here in Arizona who can actually successfully use a touch screen in a
glider.

Also, last time I had a touch-screen thingy it ended up flying out of
its cradle over my head. I like my instruments to be firmly bolted to
the panel, thank you very much.

The SN10 remote is very usable if you remember not to sit on it.

Mike
Old February 18th 08, 09:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Feb 18, 2:09*pm, Mike the Strike wrote:

That must be tongue in cheek because I don't know anyone who flies
here in Arizona who can actually successfully use a touch screen in a
glider.

Been doing it for years! (And as Mike knows I have flown in Arizona.)

Andy

Old February 18th 08, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Feb 18, 2:26 pm, Mike the Strike wrote:
My SN10 remote has lost the knobs and shafts from two of the rotary
switches. One of them kept falling off from about day one and I've
stuck it back dozens of times, but it has eventually disappeared into
the dirt on our field. A second one is now showing the same symptoms.

This looks like it could be a not uncommon problem and I wonder if
there is an easy fix that doesn't require it to be sent back to the
manufacturer (I'm not keen on converting worthless US dollars to Euros
right now).

The switches look like standard components that should be readily
available and easily replaced by anyone competent with a soldering
iron, perhaps with a more robust equivalent.

Anyone know of replacement components available in the USA?

Mike

Hi Mike - Its certainly not a common problem,
in fact I've not heard of anyone losing the shafts,
though sometimes people sit on their remotes.
How much do you weigh ? ... ;-)

If you're not starting soaring for a few weeks just
send it back to ILEC and they'll fix it for a nominal
fee plus shipping. Follow the shipping instructions
on www.nadler.com !

See ya, Dave "YO electric"
Old February 19th 08, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

On Feb 18, 2:17*pm, wrote:
[...]

See ya, Dave "YO electric"- Hide quoted text -

Hi there, JJ here. I got a remote I'll give you...............send
your address. Doesn't work due to a wiring problem that ILEC had
nothing to do with, but all the knobs and switches are brand new. I
put instrument tubing extensions on the SN-10 knobs that are about 2"
long and decided I didn't need no stinking remore anyway!
JJ