A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Lennie the Lurker

Old January 29th 14, 03:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Lennie the Lurker

Not dead, not crawled under a rock and went to sleep.

About five or six years ago, I lost the use of my left eye. My dominant eye, and reading the computer isn't easy, even with a 27 inch monitor. Problems with my hands, the result of too many years of grabbing levers and chuck wrenches, typing is difficult.

Last October, three days of chest pain and radiating into my arms, result, triple bypass.

Anyhow, no more aviation, no depth perception. No more metalworking, can't tell where my hands are in respect to the spinning chuck. I like having both hands and still five fingers on each. Have a radio control model almost ready to fly, but trash that too, again, no depth perception.

Into 3d graphics, but do everything numerically, no on screen manipulation, numbers put things where I want them. Going on ten years there, to see what I do, http://www.sharecg.com. Click on Poser, then type Greybeard into the search.

Did a "nostalgia" search for my handle, saw Bob Kuykendahl stating he hadn't been able to contact me, but that was from three years ago. Only reason I'm here now, and gone as soon as I hit send.

Rich.