V7/nano question

Old November 8th 12, 02:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Echo

Default V7/nano question

Considering The LX V7, Nano, and Oudie combination, but have a few concerns I haven't been able to find the answers to. Can the Nano be placed under the panel and left there? It seems you have to access it to turn it on and get the log file, however I've been told ConnectMe on the Oudie can get the file, but will the Nano power on automatically with the master switch since it's powered through the power cable? Also, why is there not an internal speaker with the V7? Seems sort of silly that you have to take up panel space with a speaker. My intent would be to find a tiny iPod type speaker and plug it into the audio port, then velcro it behind the panel. Thoughts?

Jordan
ASW20 E
Old November 8th 12, 02:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Thursday, November 8, 2012 8:48:59 AM UTC-6, Echo wrote:
Considering The LX V7, Nano, and Oudie combination, but have a few concerns I haven't been able to find the answers to. Can the Nano be placed under the panel and left there? It seems you have to access it to turn it on and get the log file, however I've been told ConnectMe on the Oudie can get the file, but will the Nano power on automatically with the master switch since it's powered through the power cable? Also, why is there not an internal speaker with the V7? Seems sort of silly that you have to take up panel space with a speaker. My intent would be to find a tiny iPod type speaker and plug it into the audio port, then velcro it behind the panel. Thoughts? Jordan ASW20 E

The nano will power up once external power is applied. It should work fine under the panel, I usually fly with mine buried in the side pocket.

I'm with you on the internal speaker.
Old November 8th 12, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Thursday, November 8, 2012 6:48:59 AM UTC-8, Echo wrote:
Considering The LX V7, Nano, and Oudie combination, but have a few concerns I haven't been able to find the answers to. Can the Nano be placed under the panel and left there? It seems you have to access it to turn it on and get the log file, however I've been told ConnectMe on the Oudie can get the file, but will the Nano power on automatically with the master switch since it's powered through the power cable? Also, why is there not an internal speaker with the V7? Seems sort of silly that you have to take up panel space with a speaker. My intent would be to find a tiny iPod type speaker and plug it into the audio port, then velcro it behind the panel. Thoughts? Jordan ASW20 E

Nano can be placed under the panel if it is not carbon fiber, fiberglass probably OK. The Nano will turn on automatically with power on. The V7 probably had internal space issues with a speaker and those very small speaker have sound quality issues. Put the supplied speaker behind the panel and turn the volume up

I have all in stock.

Richard
www.craggyaero.

Old November 8th 12, 03:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

On Thursday, November 8, 2012 9:25:43 AM UTC-6, Echo wrote:
Good to know, thanks. Yeah I don't know what the deal is with the speaker.. Almost like they forgot or ran out of hardware space during development. Some of the earler LX varios have one built in I think. E On Thursday, November 8, 2012 8:51:20 AM UTC-6, Tony wrote: On Thursday, November 8, 2012 8:48:59 AM UTC-6, Echo wrote: Considering The LX V7, Nano, and Oudie combination, but have a few concerns I haven't been able to find the answers to. Can the Nano be placed under the panel and left there? It seems you have to access it to turn it on and get the log file, however I've been told ConnectMe on the Oudie can get the file, but will the Nano power on automatically with the master switch since it's powered through the power cable? Also, why is there not an internal speaker with the V7? Seems sort of silly that you have to take up panel space with a speaker. My intent would be to find a tiny iPod type speaker and plug it into the audio port, then velcro it behind the panel. Thoughts? Jordan ASW20 E The nano will power up once external power is applied. It should work fine under the panel, I usually fly with mine buried in the side pocket. I'm with you on the internal speaker.

yes I put an LX-16 in the Cherokee last year and love it. They still might sell the LX-16D although i'm guessing it has been replaced in the product line with the new V3.
Old November 8th 12, 04:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
J. Murray

On Thursday, November 8, 2012 8:38:24 AM UTC-7, Tony wrote:
[...]

I thought it was weird too, but it turned out to be no big deal to install the supplied speaker anywhere you want back there with one screw. Although if you wanted to, I think it would fit nicely in the panel if you had an extra hole to fill. The sound quality has got to be better compared to a smaller speaker and it is plenty loud.

jim
Old November 8th 12, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]

On Thursday, November 8, 2012 7:38:24 AM UTC-8, Tony wrote:
[...]

Tony,

The LX-16D is manufactured by LX Navigation

http://www.lxnavigation.si/

The V7-NANO-LX8000-LX8080-LX9000 by LXNAV

http://www.lxnav.com/

The LXNAV team previously worked for LX Navigation the company was started approximately 3 years ago. One of the LXNAV team also is associated with SeeYou Naviter.

This company in my opinion is one of the few glider equiment manufactures that have both hardware and software development experience in house.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com

Old November 8th 12, 05:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Thomas[_2_]

Most of the LX stuff come with separete speakers, i put mine behind the
seat

if you have a compass in the panel its probably best not to have a large
speaker magnet near it!

=

Old November 8th 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

I Put an LX16D with integral speaker in one of our club gliders and then according to the compass we always flew a heading of 210.

I would much rather have an external speaker that can be mounted anywhere and simply plugs in using the 3 mm audio jack.
Old November 8th 12, 10:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Springford

On Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:33:09 PM UTC-5, Dave Springford wrote:
I Put an LX16D with integral speaker in one of our club gliders and then according to the compass we always flew a heading of 210.

I would much rather have an external speaker that can be mounted anywhere and simply plugs in using the 3 mm audio jack.

oops should have been LX16, not 16 D.

LX-Nano to SN-10B Piet Barber Soaring 8 September 17th 12 05:05 PM
Nano declarations Mike C Soaring 5 April 25th 12 02:18 AM
Lx NANO and Windows 7 fcnorton Soaring 9 April 2nd 11 02:45 AM
Nano Logger Ed Soaring 7 September 10th 10 08:32 PM