Al Gore's Private Jet

Old April 6th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Larry Dighera

Default Al Gore's Private Jet

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:05:24 -0700, "Aluckyguess" wrote in
:

The whole global warming thing in my opinion is a hoax.

You need to inform yourself. Have you seen Gore's movie yet?

Old April 6th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Steven P. McNicoll

"Larry Dighera" wrote in message

Regardless, it would seem that the climate is warming now, and it
would behoove us ALL to do what we can to reduce the speed with which
that is occurring.

Why?

Old April 6th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

On Apr 5, 8:11 pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On 5 Apr 2007 17:51:59 -0700, wrote in
.com:

The CO2 that is
currently at 380ppm but has been at 3000ppm for most of the history of
life on the planet?

During the 3.5 billion years of Earth's existence its atmosphere did
not contain appreciable amounts of life sustaining oxygen until ~500
million years ago. So I don't see the relevance of that statement.

Regardless, it would seem that the climate is warming now, and it
would behoove us ALL to do what we can to reduce the speed with which
that is occurring.

Funny how the "warming" (0.5 degrees C on average at the surface, but
no measureable change at higher altitudes) seems to be tracking the
average solar output...

CO2 levels have been much higher for most of the history of life, see
this:
http://www.clearlight.com/~mhieb/WVF...s/image277.gif

Here are some videos you should watch in addition to "Inconvenient
Lie"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL4s5qdvaug

CBC documentary on global warming (5 parts):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr5O1HsTVgA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD6VBLlWmCI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZS2eIRkcR0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIbTJ6mhCqk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2XALmrq3ro

Old April 6th 07, 04:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Here is a nice slide show for you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NLXyEBFWwA

Old April 6th 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Jose wrote:

Carbon Credits = BULL****!

How so?

Jose

It's about the same as going to confession, confessing your sins, then
paying a "donation" to the Church. It allows one to sin as much as he
wants, as long as he donates to the "franchise."

BTW, IIRC, Al Gore is one of the directord of the organization
collecting the "carbon tax."

Dare we say "scam"?
Old April 6th 07, 04:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Orval Fairbairn

In article ,
Larry Dighera wrote:

On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:05:24 -0700, "Aluckyguess" wrote in
:

The whole global warming thing in my opinion is a hoax.

You need to inform yourself. Have you seen Gore's movie yet?

I have seen parts of it. He reminds me of those "infomercial" guys on
late-night TV pitching slicer/dicers.
Old April 6th 07, 06:21 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

This and other things have seriously changed my mind about it.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind; that isn't my call. But
you have to admit: Gen. Aviation isn't really helping the cause. We're
flying around planes that can seat no more than 3 - 5 people, and
adding CO2 to the air just as much as those driving... Yet you're only
roasting Gore. We should look at ourselves first before going after
someone else..

What do you do, hold your breath? What is really interesting to me is
how the global warming crowd has explained the unusually cold winters
(global warming must be melting ice caps). Now that we know that Mars
is experiencing the same global warming I'm *REALLY* excited to hear
what the official story is of how we caused that too!!!!

-Robert

Old April 6th 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 5, 7:11 pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On 5 Apr 2007 17:51:59 -0700, wrote in
.com:

The CO2 that is
currently at 380ppm but has been at 3000ppm for most of the history of
life on the planet?

During the 3.5 billion years of Earth's existence its atmosphere did
not contain appreciable amounts of life sustaining oxygen until ~500
million years ago. So I don't see the relevance of that statement.

Regardless, it would seem that the climate is warming now, and it
would behoove us ALL to do what we can to reduce the speed with which
that is occurring.

The problem is, to reduce enough green house gases to effect the temp
of the earth we'd have to cover 50% of the oceans with a material that
would prevent moisture from getting into the atmosphere. Besides, why
do I care that the earth doesn't (and never has) maintained a
continuous temperature? Who am I to tell the earth what it is or is
not suppose to do?

-Robert

Old April 6th 07, 06:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Robert M. Gary

On Apr 5, 7:13 pm, Larry Dighera wrote:
On Thu, 5 Apr 2007 18:05:24 -0700, "Aluckyguess" wrote in
:

The whole global warming thing in my opinion is a hoax.

You need to inform yourself. Have you seen Gore's movie yet?

Pretty cool. I love how he's been responding to the scientists who
claim he misquoted them in the movie. In essence, he said he isn't
smart enough to understand the actual specifics of climate change but
he believes he got the essence of the meaning across. You got to hand
it to him, he's taken himself from a totally washed up has-been to
front page news with this industry. I"m still waiting to hear him tell
us how we are also causing the global warming that is happening on
Mars.

-Robert

Spoof on Gore's movie has cool av scenes R.L. Piloting 0 May 25th 06 01:33 PM
Spoof on Gore's movie has cool av scenes R.L. Aerobatics 0 May 25th 06 01:33 PM
WTD:private pilot dvd course orange Owning 0 May 10th 06 05:46 AM
Private Exam Slick Piloting 8 December 3rd 04 04:27 AM
Private air strip..... yes or no??? Wdtabor Piloting 81 February 15th 04 08:15 AM