Question to Mxmanic

Old April 13th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Default Question to Mxmanic

Viperdoc writes:

And, how did it feel when MSFS simulated pulling or pushing G's? Did your
head get heavy? Did you grey or red out? Or perhaps you've ridden in a
centrifuge to nine G and experienced this as well.

MSFS simulates the gray out and red out. Obviously, there is no motion.

Old April 13th 07, 06:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Little Endian writes:

Does MSFS simulate wake turbulence? From the little that I have seen
it does not seem to. Are there other regular PC based simulators that
do?

FS 2004 does not, nor does the built-in AI ATC delay for wake turbulence. I
don't know about FSX or other sim software.

Old April 13th 07, 06:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Little Endian

FS 2004 does not, nor does the built-in AI ATC delay for wake turbulence. I
don't know about FSX or other sim software.

Ok. So its much less realistic than I thought because wake turbulence
avoidance is a very important concern for real pilots.

Old April 13th 07, 08:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mxsmanic

Little Endian writes:

Ok. So its much less realistic than I thought because wake turbulence
avoidance is a very important concern for real pilots.

True, but it's not something that requires practice. In real life, you simply
take care to avoid wake turbulence; in the sim, you can take the same
precautions if you wish, but you don't have to.

Old April 13th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Snowbird

"Mxsmanic" wrote ...
Little Endian writes:

Ok. So its much less realistic than I thought because wake turbulence
avoidance is a very important concern for real pilots.

True, but it's not something that requires practice. In real life, you
simply
take care to avoid wake turbulence; in the sim, you can take the same
precautions if you wish, but you don't have to.

Well, in real aviation the most valuable use of simulators is for practising
upsets and other abnormal situations that are not safe or feasible to do in
the real aircraft. So it would be an extremely useful feature to have in
MSFS.

In addition, if the feature were in MSFS, it would aid realism to basic
flight training as well i.e. flying a correct 360-degree turn.

Old April 13th 07, 08:41 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
A Guy Called Tyketto

Old April 13th 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jay Honeck

How does MS flight simulator simulate the symptoms of hypoxia?- Hide quoted text -

Half a bottle of Jack Daniel's

It's funny you should say that. I have flown our MSFS-based "Kiwi"
flight simulator
(see it he http://www.alexisparkinn.com/flight_simulator.htm ) at
the end of a very long day, after consuming three 16-ounce Sprecher
Ambers (within the span of a 114-minute movie), and can vouch for the
fact that alcohol is a pretty good mild hypoxia simulator.

;-)
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old April 13th 07, 09:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Steve Foley

"karl gruber" wrote in message
Half a bottle of Jack Daniel's

Half full or half empty?

Old April 13th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
ManhattanMan

Steve Foley wrote:
"karl gruber" wrote in message
Half a bottle of Jack Daniel's

Half full or half empty?

from an engineering standpoint, the bottle wasn't designed
correctly...........

Old April 13th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Little Endian

True, but it's not something that requires practice. In real life, you simply
take care to avoid wake turbulence; in the sim, you can take the same
precautions if you wish, but you don't have to.

In the sim it makes no sense to avoid wake turbulence because you will
never know if you succeeded, its an exercise in futility.