UPDATE on "is it ever just plug and play?"

Old December 4th 08, 05:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Bojack[_2_]

Default UPDATE on "is it ever just plug and play?"

And the answer is..............................NO!

Due to time constraints caused by the forces of nature conspiring to occupy
all my free time (things like work, etc....) I showed up at the Union Pier
Terminal in Charleston all happy and with visions of LS-10's dancing in my
head.

That all was soon dashed by the attitude of the "border guards" of
get-it-and-get-out.....and NO PICTURES! Also, no smiling allowed.....and,
we wear big GUNS!

The lights? It was like the twilight zone.....half the trailer worked (the
driver's side running lights), NO turn signals, NO brake lights.

Luckily, my Roadtrek has tail lights very high up and anyone behind me was
able to see them very easily. That, coupled with that one faithful red
beacon blazing away on the tail of my precious cargo let me get away with
safely circumnavigating from Charleston to Atlanta (and then Atlanta's
suicidal drivers....by FAR the most treacherous part of the journey!)

Seems like, for $20k, it should be better. (?) Thanks to all for the
help with diagrams and wiring ideas.....I'll be reworking everything using
your suggestions.

J4 (glider safely in garage)