LX 5000 Compensation problems

Old July 14th 11, 12:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Brennan

Default LX 5000 Compensation problems

Our LX 5000 is set up for electronic compensation. Checked and double
checked.
Right now, we are running at 250% compensation, in an effort to get some
realistic output. This is not working accurately.
Our TE Winter vario is working well but slower, as expected.
Any insights/help would be appreciated.
John.

Old July 14th 11, 07:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
StaPo

Easy solution - switch off electronic compensation and reconnect
LX5000 to be parallel to TE Winter.
I had this solution on my previous plane and it worked well.
Electronic compensation on older computers generally does not function
as well as good old TE probe,
it is very dependant on characteristics of static ports used for it.
If you are aware about cross-talks between LX and Winter, then move T-
link as far as possible away from instruments,
usually under seat vessel, but mostly it is not necessary (tested with
Winter system containing 0.9 l flask).
Old July 14th 11, 07:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

On Jul 13, 4:48*pm, John Brennan wrote:
Our LX 5000 is set up for electronic compensation. Checked and double
checked.
Right now, we are running at 250% compensation, in an effort to get some
realistic output. This is not working accurately.
Our TE Winter vario is working well but slower, as expected.
Any insights/help would be appreciated.
John.

You don't tell us where it is connected to (which static?) or what
un-"realistic" output you are getting (no sensing at all,
undercompensated, overcompensated, too much lack, too sensitive?
what?). So chances of getting detailed help are small. Like the other
reply said why not use a TE input? Are you in a motorglider? At least
try the TE with no compensation--to see if the vario works then or has
general problems. Does the airspeed in the LX 5000 seem proper? Did
you follow the electronic compensation calibration flight procedure in
the manual - did that work as expected if not exactly what happened?
What sort of TE probe do you have? Where do all the three inputs on
the LX come from?

Darryl
Old July 14th 11, 05:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

what kind of glider? where are the Static ports used with the LX5000? are
they also used for altimeter and ASI? are the ASI and other instruments on
these same inputs working correctly?.then, how do you know? just becuase the
ASI goes uo as speed increases doesn't always mean it's reading correctly?
Same goes for all instruments..I've used LX5000's, LX7000's and others with
the Electronic TE and with some minor adjusting all have worked well......it
could be your pitot and static sources...check for leaks in any connectins
to any instruments sharing these sources.
tim

.com...

signature database 6294 (20110714) __________

http://www.eset.com