Need help testing new SN10 firmware

Old June 19th 19, 04:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Need help testing new SN10 firmware

Ideally with an SN10 connected to PowerFLARM with IGC license.
Contact me offline if you're able to test in next couple weeks,
Thanks,
Best Regards, Dave
Old June 20th 19, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Hi Dave
Having difficulty get a ndb file from world wide turn points, when I'm lucky enough to get logged in. Most of the time it says code 403 forbidden. So I guess that's 2 problems.
Old June 20th 19, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 3:54:03 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Having difficulty get a ndb file from world wide turn points,
when I'm lucky enough to get logged in.
Most of the time it says code 403 forbidden.
So I guess that's 2 problems.

Contact one of the folks that maintain the mirror you're
trying to use, or try a different mirror site.
This has nothing to do with SN10 software...
Old June 21st 19, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I was just asking how to get a ndb file from wwte. I'm sure you use many. If I can't get a file I can't use sn10
Old June 21st 19, 01:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 8:34:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:
If I can't get a file I can't use sn10

Nor any other flight computer.
Please, try my advice above.

Old June 21st 19, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

An an fyi, no problems here getting files off of the WWTPE. Maybe it was a transient website or network issue.

Old June 21st 19, 12:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Paul Remde

Hi,

I have a list of the "mirror sites" for the Worldwide Turnpoint Exchange he
http://cumulus-soaring.com/soaring_links/airports.htm
If one site isn't working, the others are.

Best Regards,

Paul Remde
Cumulus Soaring, Inc.

Old June 21st 19, 02:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

On Friday, June 21, 2019 at 7:56:03 AM UTC-4, Paul Remde wrote:
I have a list of the "mirror sites" for the Worldwide Turnpoint Exchange he
http://cumulus-soaring.com/soaring_links/airports.htm
If one site isn't working, the others are.

Thanks Paul!
Old June 22nd 19, 03:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 8:34:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I was just asking how to get a ndb file from wwte. I'm sure you use many. If I can't get a file I can't use sn10

the Internet Explorer and Windows don't get along with the SN10 NDB files
This is a Quote from John Leibacher. "This has unfortunately caused considerable grief for a number of users"
John has some suggestions on how to get around the problem.
My fix was to simply do the SN10 file download on my android phone, problem solved.
So in the future if someone ask for help on this problem I would simply say use your Android smart phone instead of your windows pc.
Thanks for the help :-(
Glen
Old June 22nd 19, 04:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS[_5_]

On Saturday, June 22, 2019 at 7:56:43 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, June 20, 2019 at 8:34:31 PM UTC-4, wrote:
I was just asking how to get a ndb file from wwte. I'm sure you use many. If I can't get a file I can't use sn10

the Internet Explorer and Windows don't get along with the SN10 NDB files
This is a Quote from John Leibacher. "This has unfortunately caused considerable grief for a number of users"
John has some suggestions on how to get around the problem.
My fix was to simply do the SN10 file download on my android phone, problem solved.
So in the future if someone ask for help on this problem I would simply say use your Android smart phone instead of your windows pc.
Thanks for the help :-(
Glen

The exchange works perfectly with every WIN or OSX browser I've tried.
But exploder isn't one.
How's Dave's newest creation?
Jim