Best way to put XCsoar on Oudie 2 lite?

Old August 12th 14, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andrew Henderson

Default Best way to put XCsoar on Oudie 2 lite?

Just got an Oudie 2 lite and want to put XCsoar on it.
I've seen a few posts about changing the file name XCsoar.exe to
mSeeYou.exe and replacing the original mSeeYou.exe on the Oudie
with it. Also another about booting from the SD card. I don't have a
problem with any of these but if anyone's found an easier/better
way I'd be grateful to find out.
Cheers
Andy

Old August 12th 14, 06:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:13:26 PM UTC-4, Andrew Henderson wrote:
Just got an Oudie 2 lite and want to put XCsoar on it.

I've seen a few posts about changing the file name XCsoar.exe to

mSeeYou.exe and replacing the original mSeeYou.exe on the Oudie

with it. Also another about booting from the SD card. I don't have a

problem with any of these but if anyone's found an easier/better

way I'd be grateful to find out.

Cheers

Andy

Just make sure your Oudie is updated. There's an "Autorun" icon
on the second Windows screen that allows you to select what program
to run. On the first Windows screen it's always called "SeeYou Mobile"
but in reality you can run anything there. I normally run XCSoar but
I've also tried out LK8000 betas. I've also run SeeYou. It pesters
you periodically about the missing license but it's the only way to
change the orientation of the screen.

Matt
Old August 13th 14, 04:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
marco

When you are the sole user of the Oudie it is better to place XCsoar on the Oudie instead of an sd-card. When you start the Oudie from the sd card and you close off the program the Oudie remains in a dormant mode after pressing the on/off key of the Oudie. For it to switch off completely you will need to restart the CU program until the shell appears and then press the on/off key. The oudie then will ask if you want to switch off completely. Since my partner uses CU and I use XCsoar this is the way for me to shut off the Oudie completely (so close off XCSoar, press the reset button at the back, wait for CU to emerge, press the off button on CU and then press the off button on the Oudie. I have consulted the guys and they have confirmed in case of a dual mode there is no other way.
Old August 14th 14, 12:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
6PK

On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 10:13:26 AM UTC-7, Andrew Henderson wrote:
Just got an Oudie 2 lite and want to put XCsoar on it.

I've seen a few posts about changing the file name XCsoar.exe to

mSeeYou.exe and replacing the original mSeeYou.exe on the Oudie

with it. Also another about booting from the SD card. I don't have a

problem with any of these but if anyone's found an easier/better

way I'd be grateful to find out.

Cheers

Andy

Get an Avier/Vertica 2 instead, you be much happier. You can easily switch between any software which you can not with an Oudie. I have tried it with an Oudie and it is a pain.
6PK
Old August 14th 14, 06:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Blake Seese 9V

On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 11:13:26 AM UTC-6, Andrew Henderson wrote:
Just got an Oudie 2 lite and want to put XCsoar on it.

I've seen a few posts about changing the file name XCsoar.exe to

mSeeYou.exe and replacing the original mSeeYou.exe on the Oudie

with it. Also another about booting from the SD card. I don't have a

problem with any of these but if anyone's found an easier/better

way I'd be grateful to find out.

Cheers

Andy

What about the glitchy screen when running XC soar? I ran it for a while and had to manually refresh the screen when it would get corrupted.
Old August 14th 14, 08:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Greg Delp

I occasionally have the corrupted info boxes after changing the map zoom up or down. Scrolling to another page left or right and back to the desired page always fixed the info box corruption.

Oudie 2 Lite - how to Autorun XCSoar (or something other than SeeYou Mobile) Dave Springford Soaring 11 October 23rd 18 10:40 PM
LITE [email protected] Soaring 3 November 1st 13 12:27 AM
New Naviter Oudie2 Lite Paul Remde Soaring 0 December 7th 12 04:26 AM
CHIP LITE Stuart & Kathryn Fields Rotorcraft 3 March 28th 08 01:30 AM
Anti-theft device/ELT-lite etc? [email protected] Soaring 0 October 8th 07 07:43 PM