A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

LXNAV V3 Issues

Old December 13th 13, 01:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

The biggest advantage that I have found is that the vario now matches

what I feel in the seat of my pants 99% of the time were as before I

would sometimes get conflicting inputs, this has reduced the amount of

"tries" and improved my confidence in selecting thermals.
How did the V3 and the ClearNav vario compare?

Luke,

Thanks so much this is just the info I was looking for.

Kevin
Old July 28th 14, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

On Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:04:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Good morning ... anybody have experience with the LXNAV V3 ... how do you like the unit ... any issues with installation, operation, maintenance or support.

Thanks ... kk

I recently bought a LXNav V3 from Wings and Wheels for our Steamboat Club. I love all of its features, including the speed to fly function. I think it is a great unit for the price. However I discovered that my unit had a volume issue. It was quite depressing to not be able to hear the vario inside the cockpit of the Grob102. I tried hooking up the exterior speaker and could not get it too work either. Here is a video of the issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DPqApIFl0

I think this is just a simple manufacturing defect. I told Wings & Wheels about the volume problem and they told me my only recourse is to send it back to Slovenia. I refuse to do that in the middle of the flying season, not to mention, that on top of the aggravation of getting a unit that doesn't work properly, I would have to pay for the shipping, customs, waiting...etc. I also don't see why I should have to hold the defective product since I paid in full and didn't give them defective money in exchange. So, I'm upset and Wings and Wheels, specially because prior to the sale they assured me that the vario had a one year full warranty. The fact is that Wings and Wheels doesn't guarantee or warranty anything, and they refuse to get involved anymore than to give me a shipping address in Slovenia. So heed my warning, don't buy it from Wings & Wheels, buy it from some one that stands behind what they sell.
Old July 28th 14, 03:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

Not to minimize your complaint but... I recently had to return an
instrument to Germany and the advice given to me by the company was to
state on the customs form that I was shipping an instrument for repair
and that it had no commercial value. The return shipping was done the
same way. There were neither customs nor VAT to pay. Shipping was very
expensive, however.

Dan Marotta

On 7/27/2014 11:03 PM, wrote:
Good morning ... anybody have experience with the LXNAV V3 ... how do you like the unit ... any issues with installation, operation, maintenance or support.

Thanks ... kk

I recently bought a LXNav V3 from Wings and Wheels for our Steamboat Club. I love all of its features, including the speed to fly function. I think it is a great unit for the price. However I discovered that my unit had a volume issue. It was quite depressing to not be able to hear the vario inside the cockpit of the Grob102. I tried hooking up the exterior speaker and could not get it too work either. Here is a video of the issues:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DPqApIFl0

I think this is just a simple manufacturing defect. I told Wings & Wheels about the volume problem and they told me my only recourse is to send it back to Slovenia. I refuse to do that in the middle of the flying season, not to mention, that on top of the aggravation of getting a unit that doesn't work properly, I would have to pay for the shipping, customs, waiting...etc. I also don't see why I should have to hold the defective product since I paid in full and didn't give them defective money in exchange. So, I'm upset and Wings and Wheels, specially because prior to the sale they assured me that the vario had a one year full warranty. The fact is that Wings and Wheels doesn't guarantee or warranty anything, and they refuse to get involved anymore than to give me a shipping address in Slovenia. So heed my warning, don't buy it from Wings & Wheels, buy it from some one that stands behind what they sell.

Old July 28th 14, 03:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

On Sunday, July 27, 2014 10:03:10 PM UTC-7, wrote:

Thanks ... kk

I recently bought a LXNav V3 from Wings and Wheels for our Steamboat Club.. I love all of its features, including the speed to fly function. I think it is a great unit for the price. However I discovered that my unit had a volume issue. It was quite depressing to not be able to hear the vario inside the cockpit of the Grob102. I tried hooking up the exterior speaker and could not get it too work either. Here is a video of the issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DPqApIFl0

I think this is just a simple manufacturing defect. I told Wings & Wheels about the volume problem and they told me my only recourse is to send it back to Slovenia. I refuse to do that in the middle of the flying season, not to mention, that on top of the aggravation of getting a unit that doesn't work properly, I would have to pay for the shipping, customs, waiting....etc. I also don't see why I should have to hold the defective product since I paid in full and didn't give them defective money in exchange. So, I'm upset and Wings and Wheels, specially because prior to the sale they assured me that the vario had a one year full warranty. The fact is that Wings and Wheels doesn't guarantee or warranty anything, and they refuse to get involved anymore than to give me a shipping address in Slovenia. So heed my warning, don't buy it from Wings & Wheels, buy it from some one that stands behind what they sell.

robf,

Give me a call and possibly I can get some parts coming in my next order to repair your V3.

Actually the warranty is:

This LXNAV V3 product is warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for
two years from the date of purchase. Within this period, LXNAV will, at its sole option, repair
or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will be made
at no charge to the customer for parts and labour, the customer shall be responsible for any
transportation cost. This warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accident, or
unauthorised alterations or repairs.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old July 30th 14, 05:41 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

On Monday, July 28, 2014 8:36:32 AM UTC-6, Richard wrote:

Thanks ... kk

I recently bought a LXNav V3 from Wings and Wheels for our Steamboat Club. I love all of its features, including the speed to fly function. I think it is a great unit for the price. However I discovered that my unit had a volume issue. It was quite depressing to not be able to hear the vario inside the cockpit of the Grob102. I tried hooking up the exterior speaker and could not get it too work either. Here is a video of the issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DPqApIFl0

robf,

Give me a call and possibly I can get some parts coming in my next order to repair your V3.

This LXNAV V3 product is warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for

two years from the date of purchase. Within this period, LXNAV will, at its sole option, repair

or replace any components that fail in normal use. Such repairs or replacement will be made

at no charge to the customer for parts and labour, the customer shall be responsible for any

transportation cost. This warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accident, or

Richard

www.craggyaero.com

Thanks for the info Rich, I wish W&W would of been so candid. I will certainly call you once other options are exhausted. I am also somewhat worried in that I might void the warranty if I try removing the cover.
Old July 30th 14, 02:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

On Tuesday, July 29, 2014 9:41:29 PM UTC-7, wrote:
On Monday, July 28, 2014 8:36:32 AM UTC-6, Richard wrote:

Thanks ... kk

robf,

Richard

www.craggyaero.com

Thanks for the info Rich, I wish W&W would of been so candid. I will certainly call you once other options are exhausted. I am also somewhat worried in that I might void the warranty if I try removing the cover.

Robf,

I would not disassemble as their is probably nothing you could do to repair..

Do you have the current firmware version 1.3?

Richard
www.craggyaero.com
Old July 30th 14, 11:38 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Franke
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

Richard, thanks for your offer to help Roberto and take it from here. There have been many emails to LXNAV over the last month to diagnose and come up with a solution. Their warranty policy as you stated has been conveyed over several calls with Roberto. Last instruction over a week ago to Wings & Wheels from LXNAV was to have Roberto send the unit back for warranty repairs. Your solution could be a better option. Call me to discuss what has been covered so far

Sean Franke
Wings & Wheels
Old August 15th 14, 01:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

On Sunday, December 8, 2013 6:04:09 AM UTC-8, wrote:
Good morning ... anybody have experience with the LXNAV V3 ... how do you like the unit ... any issues with installation, operation, maintenance or support. Thanks ... kk

i recently bought a V3. worked great for about 10 flights. it began "locking" or freezing, but a power cyle restroed it. than the issue has been getting worse, up to the point where the last time out it was totally "lights on, nobody home".

guess it will be going to EU in the off season. tried to do a firmware update without success. made the serial cable per the instructions but that didnt work either. but now its come back to life so Ill see how long it lasts.
Old August 15th 14, 03:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

Probably have ten flights with the V3. One as the only vario while the other was getting calibrated, then it returned to the original plan as backup.
It's a very nice unit, no problems so far.
....But do know that shipping from USA to and from Slovenia isn't the easiest/cheapest thing to do. FedEx and UPS seem overpriced, but with USPS tracking stops at the SI border.
Jim
Old August 15th 14, 11:57 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard[_9_]
external usenet poster

Default LXNAV V3 Issues

On Thursday, August 14, 2014 7:59:09 PM UTC-7, JS wrote:
Probably have ten flights with the V3. One as the only vario while the other was getting calibrated, then it returned to the original plan as backup.

It's a very nice unit, no problems so far.

...But do know that shipping from USA to and from Slovenia isn't the easiest/cheapest thing to do. FedEx and UPS seem overpriced, but with USPS tracking stops at the SI border.

Jim

Shipping to Slovenia US Postal Priority Mail. Small items less than 2 pounds.

$36.40 Delivery approx 2 weeks. I have never had any issues.

Richard
www.craggyaero.com