A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Benchmarking Hangar Rent and Trailer Tiedown fees

Old August 15th 14, 04:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Benchmarking Hangar Rent and Trailer Tiedown fees

I am on the Board of Directors for the Sunflower Soaring Foundation. We are a 501c3 qualified organization that owns/operates the Sunflower Gliderport in Kansas. We are currently looking at the rates charged for storing assembled gliders in community hangars and for glider trailers stored on the property. I have visited several club websites, and this information is not readily available or apparent. So I am asking the RAS community for help.

How much do you pay to store an assembled glider in a community hangar at a commercial or privately owned glider port? Please provide as much detail as possible (size of hangar/spot, floor/roof/enclosure, how many other gliders share the space, roof leak)

How much do you pay to tie down your trailer at your favorite gliderport? Again details are appreciated (dirt, concrete, assemble at location or have to move)

Also, if you have variations on the theme - trailers stored in hangars, that information would be helpful.

Please keep responses to the USA.

Thanks for your help.
Andrew
Old August 15th 14, 01:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant
external usenet poster

On Thursday, August 14, 2014 10:49:10 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I am on the Board of Directors for the Sunflower Soaring Foundation. We are a 501c3 qualified organization that owns/operates the Sunflower Gliderport in Kansas. We are currently looking at the rates charged for storing assembled gliders in community hangars and for glider trailers stored on the property. I have visited several club websites, and this information is not readily available or apparent. So I am asking the RAS community for help.

How much do you pay to store an assembled glider in a community hangar at a commercial or privately owned glider port? Please provide as much detail as possible (size of hangar/spot, floor/roof/enclosure, how many other gliders share the space, roof leak)

How much do you pay to tie down your trailer at your favorite gliderport? Again details are appreciated (dirt, concrete, assemble at location or have to move)

Also, if you have variations on the theme - trailers stored in hangars, that information would be helpful.

When I kept my glider at Pleasant Valley Airport (P48) outside Phoenix, it cost me $40/month, in trailer or assembled. That was out in the open, a commercial operation (not a club).

I now have my glider assembled in a big new club hangar on the St Louis Soaring Association field (H07), with the trailer under cover, for $90/month. Hangar holds 10 assembled 15m ships on concrete floor with enough room to pull each one out without moving another glider (mainwheels on dollys). In a pinch we could put in 4 or 5 more, but it would be crowded! Trailers are under a covered area on the side of the hangar allowing them to be quickly hooked up when needed.

Club equipment (10 gliders and 2 towplanes) are in their own (much older) hangar.

Totally worth it to be able to get to the field, pull out the glider, and be ready to fly immediately!

Kirk

Old August 15th 14, 03:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, August 14, 2014 10:49:10 PM UTC-5, wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

Andrew,
At the Chicago Glider Club we have grass tie-downs for trailers only, no hangar space for non-club gliders. We pay what is called a field use fee of $180 per year, billed quarterly. The field use fee includes the (assigned) tie-down spot.
Old August 15th 14, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley
external usenet poster

On Thursday, August 14, 2014 9:49:10 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Andrew

Andrew,

I replied off-group to your SSA listed e-mail (work). Let me know if you don't receive it. BTW, Bill's e-mail just bounced back to me, so you'll probably have to call him.

Frank Whiteley
970-330-2050
Old August 15th 14, 05:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Morgan[_2_]
external usenet poster

Central California Soaring Club - Avenal, CA

We do not charge additional fees for trailer or glider tie-downs, it's just part of your $40/mnth membership benefits. We don't have a glider hangar so you are just getting some dirt to park your trailer.

We are on a 70 acre private airfield owned by glider pilots so our rent is very low. Just enough to cover the costs of the owning corporation.

Morgan

Old August 15th 14, 08:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
SF
external usenet poster

At Spartanburg, SC, it's $50.00 a month to keep your glider trailer in a hangar. The Grob costs $100/month to keep it assembled in a hangar with a leaky roof, and the trailer stored behind it. We don't have any trailers or gliders tied outside. It rains a lot here, and its a public airport.

Old August 15th 14, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Franconia Soaring Assn charges the same for club members and transient pilots.
Same cost for a tie down or in a trailer.
5/day
25/week
50/month
250/year
Jim.

Old August 16th 14, 01:01 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
HGXC[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Friday, August 15, 2014 6:25:47 PM UTC-4, Jim David wrote:
Franconia Soaring Assn charges the same for club members and transient pilots.

Same cost for a tie down or in a trailer.

5/day

25/week

50/month

250/year

Jim.

Post Mills....no cost everything is covered in annual dues

Dennis
Old August 16th 14, 07:28 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Williams Soaring Center.
Privately owned commercial operation on 22 acres.
Trailer storage $50/ month. $25 discount if glider is flown at least once per month (via aero tow).
No hangar space available.
Rex
Old August 16th 14, 11:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Roy Clark, \B6\
external usenet poster

Seattle Glider Council 2014 Fees: tow fees modified by Board decision effective April, 2014

One year membership (Jan-Dec) $35
Family membership (for 14 yrs. and older) $10 (each)
Tows (at Ephrata) - first 1500 feet $36.37
per 100 feet above 1500 feet $1.31
Aero retrieve or glider ferry $140 / tach hour

Ephrata facility usage:
Seasonal (April - October) $75
Weekly (7 days) $12

Ephrata glider trailer storage (incl. ramp ship tiedown):
Seasonal (April - October) $200
Weekly (7 days) $30

Ephrata RV Parking - seasonal (April - October) $500 (incl. tax)
Ephrata RV Parking - weekly (7 days) $80 (incl. tax)