Why are multiple engines different?

Old October 22nd 06, 01:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Dudley Henriques

Default Why are multiple engines different?

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 23:32:44 -0400, "Dudley Henriques"
wrote:

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
. ..

I haven't seen you on the "other group" lately although there's not
much going on. Lots of posts on the new app, but not a lot else.

Hi Rog;

I'm back posting again there now that the Beta process is over.
Actually, I've just become an MVP for Microsoft on Flight Simulator and
will
be working even more closely with both them and the add on developers
working with the program.

Congratulations Dudley.

Now I know where I can send the bill when I have to upgrade all my
hardware so I can run it:-))

Oh, if it'd only run on LINUX.

Thanks. I'm sitting on an order now for either Hypersonic or Falcon NW for a
whole new system waiting for Nvidia's new DirectX 10 GPU to come on line.
Bea is going to kill me!
:-))))

Its been interesting watching the program progress over time, and its
amazing how knowledgeable some of the end users become after using the
program. You wouldn't believe the knowledge level of some of the simmers. I
helped someone just last week who had a pretty good handle on how to fly a
DME arc. He just needed one little piece of data to complete his "puzzle".
He was eleven years old :-))
There will be some "growing pains" with this new version while the hardware
and drivers upgrade into it but from what I've seen so far working with it,
the potential is unbelievable.
Dudley

Old October 22nd 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Morgans wrote:
Does that work for you? If you like the idea, but not my quickly composed
response, feel free to change it or write your own, and I might use yours,
too. g

Here's what I've finally decided to do: I'm now filtering via NewsProxy any
post in rec.aviation.piloting that's also crossposted in rec.aviation.students.
I figure that will rid me of Numbnuts and all of his threads. That will remove
me from the temptation of answering him, flaming him, or arguing with legitimate
pilots about him. I have chosen to flush him down with the rest of the turds.
Enough time has been wasted. And I'm tired of being accused of trolling myself
just because I want to get rid of him. Now I am... rid of him.

To those of you who aren't bright enough to recognize you can't shine a turd no
matter how much you wipe, have a nice day.

Hopefully my next post in either newsgroup will be directly on topic. I hope
there are folks who have enough energy left to participate in a thread not
originated by Numbnuts, because I expect my traffic to drop off a good 95%.
That's the effect he's had in the newsgroups whether anybody recognizes it or
not.

You might want to look up at the top of the page the next time you're tempted to
answer him and check whether you're answering to just one newsgroup.

Jim, obviously none of this applies to you, except the crosspost check. That
applies to everyone. And of course this message, which is being intentionally
crossposted. *I* won't see it, but others will.

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com

Old October 22nd 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Single posted.

I use Outlook Express and just blocked the maniacs posts as
originals. I still see re, so if there is something I feel
like saying, I can.

"Mortimer Schnerd, RN" mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com wrote in
message

Old October 22nd 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Matt Barrow

Morgans wrote:
Does that work for you? If you like the idea, but not my quickly
composed
response, feel free to change it or write your own, and I might use
yours,
too. g

Here's what I've finally decided to do: I'm now filtering via NewsProxy
any post in rec.aviation.piloting that's also crossposted in
rec.aviation.students. I figure that will rid me of Numbnuts and all of
his threads. That will remove me from the temptation of answering him,
flaming him, or arguing with legitimate pilots about him. I have chosen
to flush him down with the rest of the turds. Enough time has been wasted.
And I'm tired of being accused of trolling myself just because I want to
get rid of him. Now I am... rid of him.

What a collection of metaphors! :~)

Old October 30th 06, 08:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Grumman-581[_3_]

"Roger (K8RI)" wrote in message
Oh, if it'd only run on LINUX.

Hell, it won't even run on Win2K...