A aviation & planes forum. AviationBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » AviationBanter forum » rec.aviation newsgroups » Soaring
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

Old February 25th 16, 10:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS
external usenet poster

Default IS-28B2 Twin Lark - Service Life Extension Program

I just saw this posted by Mandy Temple, President of the Gliding Federation of Australia.
This approval may just be for operation in Australia, but even if so is a start.
Jim

IS28 Life Extension
There is now a simple method to extend the life of IS28 gliders beyond 35 years. Rob Hanbury, with help from a young pilot Bogdan Hiticas, has set up a system piggybacking off the Romanian EASA approval. For more information contact Rob Hanbury Airworthiness Department Chair
CAD at glidingaustralia dot org
Old February 25th 16, 11:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Thursday, February 25, 2016 at 3:24:53 PM UTC-6, JS wrote:
I just saw this posted by Mandy Temple, President of the Gliding Federation of Australia.
This approval may just be for operation in Australia, but even if so is a start.
Jim

IS28 Life Extension
There is now a simple method to extend the life of IS28 gliders beyond 35 years. Rob Hanbury, with help from a young pilot Bogdan Hiticas, has set up a system piggybacking off the Romanian EASA approval. For more information contact Rob Hanbury Airworthiness Department Chair

Thanks Jim. I have sent an email to Rob. Also waiting to hear from Peter Whitehead.
Old February 29th 16, 05:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 12:27:38 AM UTC+2, wrote:
Jim

IS28 Life Extension

Thanks Jim. I have sent an email to Rob. Also waiting to hear from Peter Whitehead.

HELLO ALL

At this time there is a Supplemental Type Certificate issued no. 10054289

http://easa.europa.eu/system/files/d...t_20151208.pdf

I own a IS28B2 as as we speak I am apllying the life extension.

For more informations you cand get in touch with the Romanina Airclub

They are the holder of this suplement and there might in the future get to be the holders of all the IS 28 and 29 type certificates.

Regards Alin from ROmania
Old March 2nd 16, 08:09 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Whitehead
external usenet poster

Hi, Pete ("edenpete") from UK here. Good news.I have been invited to apply to the Rumanian Aeroclub for the package related to their STC to extend the life of my IS-28B2("Lark" 2-seater). This will cost 500 Euro (glider specific, based on serial number). This will be necessary for all EASA gliders, it will be up to your own country's technical organisation to decide what steps it wishes to take regarding this, if outside EASA.
Good luck. Pete

Old March 4th 16, 05:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 1:09:23 AM UTC-6, Peter Whitehead wrote:
Hi, Pete ("edenpete") from UK here. Good news.I have been invited to apply to the Rumanian Aeroclub for the package related to their STC to extend the life of my IS-28B2("Lark" 2-seater). This will cost 500 Euro (glider specific, based on serial number). This will be necessary for all EASA gliders, it will be up to your own country's technical organisation to decide what steps it wishes to take regarding this, if outside EASA.
Good luck. Pete

Hello Pete, thanks for the update. I am wondering if there is a chance of obtaining a copy of the IS29D2 Service Bulletin that you received from the Romanian Aeroclub for our review and presentation to Transport Canada in defense of a privately owned IS29D2 that has now been grounded. Thanks, Mike
Old March 5th 16, 11:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Whitehead
external usenet poster

On Friday, 4 March 2016 16:19:03 UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, March 2, 2016 at 1:09:23 AM UTC-6, Peter Whitehead wrote:
Good luck. Pete

Hello Pete, thanks for the update. I am wondering if there is a chance of obtaining a copy of the IS29D2 Service Bulletin that you received from the Romanian Aeroclub for our review and presentation to Transport Canada in defense of a privately owned IS29D2 that has now been grounded. Thanks, Mike

Mike, I shall send some photocopies (re IS29 SB) by post if you give me your address. I have emailed you direct. Pete
Old April 17th 16, 03:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
IA DPE
external usenet poster

Any word if the U.S. FAA is working to accept the Romanian Service Bulletin extending the Service Life?
Old April 25th 16, 01:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

On Monday, February 29, 2016 at 6:39:54 PM UTC+2, wrote:
On Friday, February 26, 2016 at 12:27:38 AM UTC+2, wrote:
Jim

IS28 Life Extension

HELLO ALL

At this time there is a Supplemental Type Certificate issued no. 10054289

http://easa.europa.eu/system/files/d...t_20151208.pdf

I own a IS28B2 as as we speak I am apllying the life extension.

For more informations you cand get in touch with the Romanina Airclub

They are the holder of this suplement and there might in the future get to be the holders of all the IS 28 and 29 type certificates.

Regards Alin from ROmania

Job DONE

My IS 28B2 sn 229 flyes again.

Cost:
500 euro - the pice of paper that is S/N specific
640 euro - structure and corrosion control.

Please be advised that at the joint of the vertical stabilizer many IS 28B2 gliders were found to have a crack after 35 years of service. Inspection and action is to be taken for obvious safety reasons.

Mine was exported in Hungary and there there was a program to reinforce that specific joint on all Hungarian IS 28B2 imported so all is ok, but the ones that were not reinforced need to be inspected.

Living in Romania I performed the initial mandatory 2 year inspection with the Romanina Airclub and got a clean bill of health.

Now I can fly it again safely and legally.
Old May 5th 16, 07:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Hello Gentlemen.

I write You from Estonia. Our club owns IS30 manufactured 1985 year.
Does anyone knows contacts where to ask about Life Extension program?
Is there program for IS30 glider at all?

Waiting Your response!

Best regards!
Old May 23rd 16, 11:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Please be advised that at the joint of the vertical stabilizer many IS 28B2 gliders were found to have a crack after 35 years of service. Inspection and action is to be taken for obvious safety reasons.

Mine was exported in Hungary and there there was a program to reinforce that specific joint on all Hungarian IS 28B2 imported so all is ok, but the ones that were not reinforced need to be inspected.

Living in Romania I performed the initial mandatory 2 year inspection with the Romanina Airclub and got a clean bill of health.

Now I can fly it again safely and legally.

Do you have an amendment number or "more text" about the reinforcement of the joint?