Wanted to buy: One Man Rigger

Old March 19th 15, 06:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Soartech

Default Wanted to buy: One Man Rigger

As promised I have completed an Instructable on how I built my powered wing rigging tool. It doesn't look pretty but it works well. Others could make it look nicer, I am sure.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Sail...ctric-lifting/
Old March 20th 15, 01:49 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

That is one "Mad Max" looking rigger. Probably works great but don't enter it in any design competitions.

Lane
Old March 20th 15, 05:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 1:38:01 PM UTC-5, Soartech wrote:
As promised I have completed an Instructable on how I built my powered wing rigging tool. It doesn't look pretty but it works well. Others could make it look nicer, I am sure.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Sail...ctric-lifting/

Dear Soartech,

Have a look at my rigger:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Wing...-w-Power-Axis/

The Instructables website is really neat. I published my design because my wife let me know after I was finished that I will NOT start building these for sale in our basement. So go ahead, roll your own! I will be glad to entertain any questions.

Herb, J7
Old March 20th 15, 06:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I can vouch for Herbs setup. Its pretty impressive. I saw it in action last year in Parowan. Although he did spend a good hour looking for the remote before he got started.
Remember that Herb?
Anyway once he found it he made quick work of putting the Girly wings on his LS8

Randy
Old March 20th 15, 10:18 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

On Friday, March 20, 2015 at 1:26:35 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I can vouch for Herbs setup. Its pretty impressive. I saw it in action last year in Parowan. Although he did spend a good hour looking for the remote before he got started.
Remember that Herb?
Anyway once he found it he made quick work of putting the Girly wings on his LS8

Randy

Thanks Randy, you caught me in another Senior Moment. However, I do remember that once I had the girly-wings on, you had a hard time following me (more like in NO CHANCE).
Old June 16th 15, 04:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

I am still looking for a used rigger to donate to my club.
If you have one available, please contact me offline at staniforthjim?yahoo?com
Remove the question marks and replace with the usual.
Jim
Old June 19th 15, 09:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

I have an Udo and it works beautifully. I think the key is how closely the saddle matches the wing contour.

The ground I assemble on is rough, lumpy and grass covered but the rigger handles it well. A fore/aft adjustment is good to have. It was an option on mine but I didn't go for it. On the grass of my home field it's easy to just tug the rigger forward or back to line the wing up but it's a little more difficult to do so on pavement.

Wing Rigger FS Ron Gleason Soaring 2 December 5th 13 05:36 PM
Looking for a used wing rigger / one man rigger .... [email protected] Soaring 0 November 6th 13 06:02 PM
FS: Cobra one man rigger- Devin Bargainnier Soaring 0 February 24th 10 05:09 AM
Wanted: One-man wing rigger Bastoune Soaring 4 February 21st 10 04:48 PM