I hate winter

Old January 5th 04, 11:42 PM
Bob Noel

In article , Blanche
wrote:

Denver. Clear. Sunny. No winds. Smooth.

Boston: don't care, stinkin flu. (-{

--
Bob Noel
Old January 5th 04, 11:43 PM
Brien K. Meehan

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message news:X0dKb.66353$xX.425424@attbi_s02...
... and visibility will be 1000 miles.

In Iowa, in the winter, you can see 1000 miles by standing on a chair.
Old January 5th 04, 11:46 PM
Rosspilot

New York. Raining for 3 days. Unusually warm weekend (50s) but miserable
weather except for ducks.

Supposed to clear by Wed and temp dropping to single digits. Have Angel Flight
Thursday -Albany to New Haven. I like clear and cold. :-)

www.Rosspilot.com

Old January 5th 04, 11:55 PM
Jay Honeck

... and visibility will be 1000 miles.

In Iowa, in the winter, you can see 1000 miles by standing on a chair.

A cute, but common, misperception. Parts of Iowa are far from flat!

And while Iowa City is not mountainous by any stretch, we live on a hill.

The hotel, of course, being adjacent to the airport, is on a
flat-as-a-pancake parcel of land just south of some pretty good ridge-lines.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Old January 6th 04, 12:28 AM
Blanche

Not to the west! Rockie Mountains are 620 nm west of you!

Old January 6th 04, 03:59 AM
John Harlow

Jeff wrote:
I am ready for winter to be over.
the strong winds aloft are a killer when your ready to get back home.

Mmm... a pleasant treat for us here on the USA East Coast Saturday as I flew
to the NC outer banks where the temps were in the mid 70s. Fairly clear
with a little haze as the wind was quite calm (the ride was like the living
room couch)!

Old January 6th 04, 05:02 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Blanche" wrote in message
Denver. Clear. Sunny. No winds. Smooth.

And it's 5 F. I'm at home in front of a warm computer screen. When
it's this cold, I don't care about preheating the airplane, I can't
be bothered putting on all that cold weather gear on me!

Of course Wed. it'll be back into the 50s.

Here in the 'burb's of Phoenix it was 27 last night, mid 60's during the day
:~)

Sometime in the next two or three months I have to make a permanent move to
Colorado Springs, mid 30's and -1 right now! :~( (for now) but :~) come
summer when Phoenix is 115 (OWWW...damn door handle).

Old January 6th 04, 05:03 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Brien K. Meehan" wrote in message
om...
"Jay Honeck" wrote in message

... and visibility will be 1000 miles.

In Iowa, in the winter, you can see 1000 miles by standing on a chair.

Or if you're over 5'10", you don't even need the chair.

Old January 6th 04, 05:04 AM
Tom Sixkiller

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
... and visibility will be 1000 miles.

In Iowa, in the winter, you can see 1000 miles by standing on a chair.

A cute, but common, misperception. Parts of Iowa are far from flat!

And while Iowa City is not mountainous by any stretch, we live on a hill.

A 4 foot high berm is NOT a hill, Jay.

The hotel, of course, being adjacent to the airport, is on a
flat-as-a-pancake parcel of land just south of some pretty good

ridge-lines.

As above.

Old January 6th 04, 07:58 AM
Roger Halstead

On 5 Jan 2004 16:36:12 -0700, Blanche
wrote:

Denver. Clear. Sunny. No winds. Smooth.

And it's 5 F. I'm at home in front of a warm computer screen. When
it's this cold, I don't care about preheating the airplane, I can't
be bothered putting on all that cold weather gear on me!

Of course Wed. it'll be back into the 50s.

Wed...That's two days! Last I remember all it takes is the wind to
shift from the west and 3 hours later it's 20 to 30 degrees warmer.
Wellll... That was in Boulder.

Here? Midland Mi...Same oh, same oh... Dull, dreary, cloudy, clear for
Michigan (visibility is over 6) with a low of around 5. Course we
don't get to have those breathers like you do out near the mountains.
Course I don't remember having 9 feet of snow here, like they did at
my Daughter's place near Rollinsville last Winter.

I don't think we've had a storm with more than a foot of snow in over
15 years. Up into the 60s two or three feet with 5 foot plus drifts
wasn't uncommon.

OTOH I only have to fly about a 100 miles north or NW to find winter.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Tie-down winter hazards [email protected] Owning 6 January 12th 05 10:23 PM
Winter flying ops Viperdoc Owning 4 December 24th 04 01:29 AM
Jews Hate Palestinians Paminifarm Naval Aviation 40 June 11th 04 04:01 PM
Winter Flying, all over again Jay Honeck Piloting 19 December 16th 03 03:42 AM
i HATE bush - i HATE bush - i HATE bush - i HATE bush - i HATE bush - i HATE bush - i HATE bush - Cub Driver Military Aviation 0 October 29th 03 11:21 AM