Another program letter question .....

Old March 10th 10, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Another program letter question .....

On Mar 10, 5:19*pm, Andy wrote:
On Mar 10, 2:18*pm, Ron Gleason wrote:

A follow up to my questions and what occurred when I contacted *the
SLC FSDO.
The only major difference I can see with the operating limitations
letter is that I have to perform 'flight testing'. *This is described
as 'This aircraft must be operated for at least 5 hours with at least
10 takeoffs and landing (to a full stop), and all operations must be
conducted with 30 miles nautical miles of my home airport avoiding all
mountainous terrain.'

This requirement seems very strange. *To the best of my knowledge this
sort of flight test phase is usually only applied to experimental
amateur built and restricts operation over populated areas during the
initial flights. * I had not such flight test phase defined when I was
issued my experimental cert for my new ASW 28.

In my case though the operating limitations say they apply after
completion of the flight test phase but no flight test phase is
defined. *They also reference the 300nm restriction relative to the
home base airport but no home base airport is defined.

I really don't think they have a very rigorous or consistent process,
but if you are happy with what they gave you don't rock the boat.

BTW I think avoiding mountainous terrain is good advice for all of
us. *Keep at least half a wingspan away!

Andy

Every Ex glider I've had has had a requirement for flight test phase
and logbbok entry indicating that glider was found to be controllable
and had "normal flight characteristics through the entire flight
envelope - language paraphrased.
UH
Old March 10th 10, 11:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

On Mar 10, 3:42*pm, wrote:
On Mar 10, 5:19*pm, Andy wrote:

[...]

Not mine. Maybe SDL FSDO accepted the factory flight test as
satisfying that requirment. Like I said, not consistent.

Andy
Old March 11th 10, 02:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tuno

For anyone starting a list from Tom's post, also add:

Operating Limitations
Dataplate requirement exemption (2):
- original
- letter of extension
Logbook (the glider's, of course)
Insurance (not required, but good to keep a copy in the glider)

The dataplate exemption and extension are available at the SSA web
site:
http://www.ssa.org/myhome.asp?mbr=67...ive =3/1/2002

..02NO

Program letter cannot be faxed -- original must be mailed... villinski Soaring 9 February 11th 10 04:29 AM
Cambridge Utility Program Question Scott Alexander[_2_] Soaring 4 February 9th 10 07:34 PM
Letter from TSA? Emily Piloting 14 August 14th 06 11:33 PM
Sample annual program letter Noel Luneau Soaring 2 January 8th 05 06:45 PM
Letter from TSA Rosspilot Piloting 2 November 20th 03 01:12 AM