Zaon Service

Old September 25th 10, 03:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
AGL

Default Zaon Service

While we’re lauding service to the gliding community consider
this: (Thanks Tim on another thread)

I have had my MRX for several years, and have never seen an indication
that there was traffic anywhere. At the end of a runway at Pearson
International in Toronto, it told me there was traffic 5 miles away
when the traffic was 400 feet away, 100 feet agl. Everything was set
according to the manual. I made excuses.

When it stopped turning on earlier this year I sent it in to Zaon.
When I got it back, it turned on, but the detection wasn't any better,
much worse than the performance of a borrowed MRX right beside it, and
I couldn’t adjust the altitude.

On a "local flying" day I compared my igc file with the file of
another pilot in our club with See-You showing both tracks on the PC.
He has a transponder. It was easy enough to see that I should have
been warned of his presence given the settings used. That proved it.

Back it went to Zaon!

Lo and behold! They sent me a new one free! It works great at the
end of the runway. (My toddler grandson agrees) It picks up planes I
didn’t even spot yet! I’m looking forward to flying with it in the
spring.

That’s amazing service in both verifying that it was a dud, and
responding with great service once they agreed! I regret not
squawking about it more 3 years ago. That might have saved both
parties some risk, postage, e-mails, and bending of warranty rules. I
will probably order the panel mount kit now!

My point is that such good service is hard to find these days. 

FOR SALE: ZAON MRX RW Soaring 0 June 20th 08 05:18 PM
ZAON XRX Problem Steve - KDMW Owning 6 April 13th 08 10:55 PM
Zaon XRX and a Garmin 496 Marco Leon Piloting 2 October 26th 07 06:33 PM
GPS intrference from Zaon PCAS ?? Carl Soaring 9 May 31st 07 05:12 AM
Zaon MRX testimonials requested [email protected] Soaring 0 June 27th 06 05:31 AM